Hop To
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Agreed to purchase a LNIB firearm from a well know Campfire Member. Firearm arrived at my FFL with box in Duct Tape, incomplete as minus bipod and magazine and case. Firearm was well used with marks and scratches all over it. Also arrived with substantial FFL issues. FFL is kind that can ship but cannot receive. Contact with this well respected Campfire member is very entertaining to include substantial correspondence with many half truths, accusations and failure to provide the missing parts. I am forced to accept the discrepant firearm because it cannot be returned.

Guys-beware when you agree to purchase any firearm from a anyone and make sure that you know what kind of FFL its coming from. As Always let the buyer beware.

Guys I do not have a dog in this fight but in reading the original post there was no mention of the name of the seller, I took the post as a warning to be cautious even when buying from a well known campfire member. Safariman vountarily drug himself into this when he made his post attempting to absolve himself. I thought that it showed a touch of class on the OP's part to refrain from posting the sellers name and instead post a caution.

About the only reason I read Safarimans ads is to see what new reason he has to sell the item that he is advertising. It is fairly obvious that he is acting as an unlicensed dealer and plays the sympathy card in almost every ad. Even though I have been interested in a couple of items of his that in itself has kept me from dealing with him.

As far as the OP not getting back into this mess - once again I think it shows a bit of class on his part. I see that the OP has posted the pistol for sale on the Classifieds with a full description and terms of sale. It looks to me as though this gives the original seller(Safariman) an opportunity to salvage some of his reputation by posting an "I'll take it" and having a check waiting for Missouri Ed when he gets home.

" FS-Ruger Charger Missing Parts
MissouriEd
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere Well gents I am the owner of a fine Ruger Charger, missing magazine, the OEM bipod and the Ruger logo case. It is nonfunctional as is. There are scratches and heavy scuff marks on the barrel and stock, screws are buggered up. I will provide a 5 day non firing inspection (like you can really test fire).

No disclaimer applies here guys this thing needs work.

There is a 100% satisfaction guarantee on this sale. I will gladly refund all of your funds upon receipt of the firearm in like condition. Price is $295 via certified funds or Paypal. I pay the fees.

Seriously, if someone is really interested I will get pic to you after 14 Jan. I put the gun in storage late this morning. I'm going deer hunting and to DSC so can't ship firearm until 14 Jan 2014."

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The op has made another post

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I never spend the money till the buyer tells me he is happy.
I haven't sold any guns here, but this sounds like the safest policy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like the neighborhood has gone to hell.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tack
Rancho Loco,

On two occasions now you have expressed your opinion as procedure protocol for sales in "The Fire"; that a buyer may return an item he agreed to purchase unless the seller specified non returnable. Please share with us the documentation you base that position on.

Most of the sell/Buy venues I am familiar with is in direct variance with your opinion.

In any case your personal opinion could serve as a warning to all.

Tack

If one leaves blanks in business dealings, someone is bound to fill them in as they see fit. Since there are no official rules on this site, it seems smart to set things straight up front.

Just how I've seen it buying and selling chit on the net since around 1995.

YMMV, and people are free to put me on a chit list. But I think you'll be looking pretty hard to find a buy/sell I've been involved in that has gone to chit.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I heart Rancho Loco.

(There is no "heart smiley")

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Seems like the neighborhood has gone to hell.

Reminds one of Wisconsin.

Iceman

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
As a follow up, I have received a PM from the seller. I'm having trouble gauging the sincerity of the PM, especially when the first part is dedicated to what he ain't gonna do. I've just decided to move on and put the gun up for sale. I'll put a mag in it and sell it for whatever I can get.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your Jealously is showing, again....

You send Cutler a sympathy card yet?

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
As a follow up, I have received a PM from the seller. I'm having trouble gauging the sincerity of the PM, especially when the first part is dedicated to what he ain't gonna do. I've just decided to move on and put the gun up for sale. I'll put a mag in it and sell it for whatever I can get.

Auction it off in the Hunter's Campfire as a "Help safariman charity." Will likely fetch $12K when all is said and done.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Your Jealously is showing, again....

You send Cutler a sympathy card yet?

I don't speak Wisconsineese.

Iceman

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I heart Rancho Loco.

(There is no "heart smiley")

Travis

Thanks, duck!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Auction it off in the Hunter's Campfire as a "Help safariman charity." Will likely fetch $12K when all is said and done.

Travis

That'd be the Christian thing to do.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

That'd be the Christian thing to do.

Only way I roll.

Iceman

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by safariman
Which is why I, the potentially injured and lied to party, chose to keep this on the down low and merely put Mr. Ed on ignore and move along with my life. Keep it between the two of us. Unfortunate that it got brought up here as these threads have a way of deteriorating and becoming uglier than intended or needed. Usually getting excrement on all involved. I wish it had not come up, but since it did, I thought the details should then be spelled out.

If this goes on for too very long I will post up all of the conversations as I mentioned above. I hope I don't have to do that. Mr Ed has or can go get his gun, a new Ruger magazine is on its way, I don't see what the fuss is all about at this late date. I solved/fixed what was needing to be fixed as fast as was humanly possible.

Mark, this doesn't square at all. You knowingly put a disgruntled buyer on ignore and "moved on with your life", but hoped this would all stay between the two of you? You've been around the block long enough to know better and then want to play the victim card when the inevitable thread is posted? Be really, really honest with yourself and tell me if that's the right play to make?

Isn't the bipod included as part of a Charger pistol from the factory? This isn't some add-on, so it's crap of you to pull off the bipod and claim it wasn't mentioned as part of the deal.

You seem like a genuinely nice guy Mark, but I've seen more than one of your "sales" turn into a royal mess. Usually, they involve you playing the role of an intermediary trying to skim a bit of profit out of a deal that doesn't involve your own personal gear. You're your own man, but if I were in your shoes I'd stick with only my own gear and take a bit more ownership of things when they don't go as planned.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

His PM should've included three things:

1- A tracking number for delivery of your refund, plus return shipping.
2- The address of the FFL where he wants the POS sent back to.
3- An apology for wasting your time.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Agreed

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What a chitstorm!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
This is very educational for a new guy!

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,144
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.