Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You should have taken my advice about loosening the panties.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't worry about those Glaciers. They are fine melting. We needed them to go anyway, because really what was the point of them? Who cares about temperature change. A little more sunscreen and in a few decades when the seas rise my property (strategically placed of course) will be ocean front!! Plus think about all the warm water fish species I can fish for.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You folks just don't get it, do you?

It's not global warming. That phrase was dropped several years ago. The operant condition is now termed climate change. This way the cause can still be ascribed to man any way "they" decide.

And, they(eggheads) can't lose. Sucks, don't it?

Last edited by Timberlake; 01/03/14.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes, because never in the history of the world have glaciers changed. I mean, they've been there forever, right?

It's not like glaciers during the little ice age from 1550 to 1850 grew and even crushed some towns in Europe.

Oh. Wait. They did. Never mind.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Methinks sierra bravo stands for Schitt for Brains...........

Sore Butt maybe?

I love my guns and country and God. But I have been to the Amazon and saw what gold mining and logging have done to the Amazon. Been to Africa three times hunting, and saw how mining has not only ravaged countries but rivers, and made them run full of sediment. Worked in Alaska and saw how forests are slowly changing from a warmer climate, and how permafrost isn't there where it used to be. Been all over BC, and saw massive forests clear cut and where water used to run clear its brown. I work just outside of Glacier, and have seen over the years how they have receded.

So maybe I have a sore but.

But maybe I want a place where my future children (God willing) can still hunt and fish in pristine waters. Where they can still catch Native Cutthroat trout. See Glaciers, Polar Bears (and still hunt them). And get to hike and explore still open lands. Where people love there country and there land, and keep it pristine. And where we use what we need. I lived over 16 months in a Wall Tent in the Alaska Bush, 70 miles from the nearest town off the grid, solar and wind power. It teaches you a lot on how much you really need.

And already the world is changing. Talk to you parents, grandparents about fish in the rivers, in the oceans, animals. We killed off the passenger pigeon, the carolina parakeet, and the Dusky Seaside Sparrow. GOOD the world is better without them right? Could the same be said for elk/deer/buffalo???? Hunters have brought species back from extinction because of there love of the environment and to see things wild. So will a couple of degrees hurt? Hell if I know, but I would rather not test our fate.

Read the works of Julian Simon for some balance.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Some are shrinking and some are growing.Been this way for millions of years.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love my guns and country and God.

I'm glad you do, we have a lot in common.

So will a couple of degrees hurt? Hell if I know, but I would rather not test our fate.

So your first post was just diarrhea being sprayed around hoping you'd hit something?

Me, I'd rather be well informed so if there is a problem it can be handled in the correct fashion instead of some heart felt knee jerk reaction.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But maybe I want a place where my future children (God willing) can still hunt and fish in pristine waters.

Problem is, for them to remain pristine, you and everybody else needs to stay away from them. Bummer, HUH? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Methinks sierra bravo stands for Schitt for Brains...........

Sore Butt maybe?

I love my guns and country and God. But I have been to the Amazon and saw what gold mining and logging have done to the Amazon. Been to Africa three times hunting, and saw how mining has not only ravaged countries but rivers, and made them run full of sediment. Worked in Alaska and saw how forests are slowly changing from a warmer climate, and how permafrost isn't there where it used to be. Been all over BC, and saw massive forests clear cut and where water used to run clear its brown. I work just outside of Glacier, and have seen over the years how they have receded.

But maybe I want a place where my future children (God willing) can still hunt and fish in pristine waters. Where they can still catch Native Cutthroat trout. See Glaciers, Polar Bears (and still hunt them). And get to hike and explore still open lands. Where people love there country and there land, and keep it pristine. And where we use what we need. I lived over 16 months in a Wall Tent in the Alaska Bush, 70 miles from the nearest town off the grid, solar and wind power. It teaches you a lot on how much you really need.

And already the world is changing. Talk to you parents, grandparents about fish in the rivers, in the oceans, animals. We killed off the passenger pigeon, the carolina parakeet, and the Dusky Seaside Sparrow. GOOD the world is better without them right? Could the same be said for elk/deer/buffalo???? Hunters have brought species back from extinction because of there love of the environment and to see things wild. So will a couple of degrees hurt? Hell if I know, but I would rather not test our fate.

You're talking two completely different issues. Yes, man has denuded the Amazon and killed the passenger pigeon. However, that has nothing to do with climate change. Here in Idaho, there hasn't been a glacier in the memory of any living man, or our grandparents. However, we have hundreds of moraines and glacial valleys. Idaho was once covered by glaciers but none remain today...and every one of them disappeared before the industrial revolution. It's been warming up for thousands of years. The earth has been coming out of the last ice age for millenia and will likely continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Man has had nothing to do with it, though.
The North American plate is slowly drifting west. There's a hot spot down there that's under Yellowstone. Some thousands of years ago, it was under so. Idaho. We have thousands of square miles of lava flows...none man caused. When they were active, they must put millions of tons of ash in the air, none man caused. It must have greatly affected the climate, without man's help. Nature is very active and the climate changes constantly. Its done it for milllenia and is doing it now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
S

Kinda new to the party it was fun reading this topic.

I live in Western Wisconsin we have Frac Sand on our farm. Most people have not a clue where it came from, so I am going to tell you. Basically my farm was beach front property Frac sand is from areas that were beaches that is why the elevation that Frac Sand is found at 920 feet above current Sea-level.

So my question is how did man make all my beach front go away? And who do I contact for Reparations? Since all climate change is man made according to the believers.

Last edited by Secondranch; 01/03/14.

The light at the end of the tunnel is temporarily turned off.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It is indisputable that the "Global Climate" has been warmer, in recorded history, than it is now. They used to be able to grow wine grapes in England.

Greenland was actually green at one time. The climate changes over time and that is just a simple fact.

It is a naive and stupid idea that it is better to hamstring the US economy just to be safe rather than sorry. The big polluters in the world, Brazil, Russia, India, China (known as the BRICs) are running full speed ahead and anything we do will be lost in the mud.

I believe Anthropogenic (Man Caused) Global warming is a hoax but even if true there is little to be done as the developing countries (The BRICs) will not play along and the US has so drastically reduced emissions that the is little left to be done.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The biggest problem with all this is that we really haven't been studying this stuff for very long. So neither side really knows what has happened or what will happen. We only know what's happening right now, and some on both sides use whatever piece of data suits their needs.

It's like studying the entire encyclopedia for one minute and saying you have a good understanding of the entire thing.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do you eggheads realize that at one or more times in the Earths's history there have been periods of very little to NO ice at all? Anywhere! Then there were periods of lots MORE ice than we have now. I guess that was caused by concrete, SUVs, cutting down trees, mining,power plants.............OH NO , I forgot... Man wasn't even around at those times!!!!

If you really like something,you better buy two!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

It is indisputable that the "Global Climate" has been warmer, in recorded history, than it is now. They used to be able to grow wine grapes in England.

Greenland was actually green at one time. The climate changes over time and that is just a simple fact.

It is a naive and stupid idea that it is better to hamstring the US economy just to be safe rather than sorry. The big polluters in the world, Brazil, Russia, India, China (known as the BRICs) are running full speed ahead and anything we do will be lost in the mud.

I believe Anthropogenic (Man Caused) Global warming is a hoax but even if true there is little to be done as the developing countries (The BRICs) will not play along and the US has so drastically reduced emissions that the is little left to be done.

+1000

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have an environmental science degree. I worked in the environmental field for over 30 years. When I first heard about global warming, I looked into it. Now, I'm no expert in climatology, and I don't pretend to know about every variable that can affect global climates, but I was curious enough about global warming to look into it a bit. I'm also old enough to remember being told back in the 70s (after a number of very cold and severe winters) that we were headed for another ice age. So I have to admit that when I started to look into the matter of global warming it was with the skepticism of "scientists can get it wrong", they have before.

When I looked at the articles proposing that man's CO2 pollution was the reason for global warming, I came across the term "the solar constant". That didn't sit right with me. "The sun's constant, really?", I thought. So I decided to look at what the sun is doing. My thinking was, if I came home one day and suddenly my house was a lot hotter than I expected it to be, where would I first look for the reason. The heat source in my house - my boiler. So I looked at what the scientists that study the sun were observing. I learned that we had been thru an extended period of very high solar activity. I saw a study from Eigil Friis-Christensen and Knud Lassen of the Danish Meteorological Institute in Copenhagen which claimed to see a strong correlation between the length of the solar cycle with temperature changes throughout the northern hemisphere. I read a lot about solar activity and came away with the impression that the sun is not constant. It changes - a lot. And it's changing now. We are in solar cycle # 24 and it's been a weak one and the sun has been doing things that have not been observed before, in the relatively short time we've been able study it. Even the scientists studying the sun's activity have no idea of it's relative impact on climate change, but the sun is our "boiler" and I think that should be the focus of the attention of the scientific community. If the folks who study the sun and observe all it's variation in the strength and frequency of it's cycles can't understand it's relative impact on the earth's climate changes, how can those proposing man-made global warming and now "climate change" assume a solar constant? In my opinion, they can't, and that is the flaw in their argument. They assume a constant that doesn't exist and minimize the sun's impact, when that impact is not fully understood by the experts who study it.

If the sun goes thru a period of weak solar activity with longer solar cycles (short solar cycles appear to correlate with periods of warming), as some solar scientists believe we may now be experiencing, and, if our global temps continue to rise (and be aware there will be a lag) and show no sign of cooling, then the man-made global warming theory will be proved. It's just too early to tell, but man, it's sure cold here today.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/04/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Secondranch

Kinda new to the party it was fun reading this topic.

I live in Western Wisconsin we have Frac Sand on our farm. Most people have not a clue where it came from, so I am going to tell you. Basically my farm was beach front property Frac sand is from areas that were beaches that is why the elevation that Frac Sand is found at 920 feet above current Sea-level.

So my question is how did man make all my beach front go away? And who do I contact for Reparations? Since all climate change is man made according to the believers.

COME on now Reparations cause you lost a little water , you GOT FRAC Sand you can swim in all that money you be rakin in. grin

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
excellent post

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You awaken a new faith in science. Thank you!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
With all my science course work taken years ago, I concluded that the only constancy with all these aspects is that they are constantly changing. Who is to say "what is normal"? Is "normal" to mean what is "average"? Average based on what length of calculations? A rudimentary geology class would show that the Earth has constantly changed in its climatic norms. There have been countless animals/plants which have gone extinct due to climatic changes. Go read about the geologic history of Greenland.

Does anyone else find it odd that the "fix" for all the AGW proponents is to regulate and have "less" of things? That the solution is to raise the cost of living, regulate your activities and freedom? That fossil fuels, the re-cycled animals and plants are the problem? It appears to me that
so-called scientists in lab coats are interjecting their political beliefs and in doing so, have bastardized real scientific research.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/04/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bottom line is kiddies its just like the MJ story it has nothing to do with facts it's all about more F ing taxes.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,880
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.