-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could have sworn that most LEO are armed with some type of pepper spray? Is that not correct?

granted since it's a dog, it's a bit down the totem pole from the theater shooting.

but still for all the chit he gets here from some I thought TRH raised a valid point. ergo HTF do all these other folks do their jobs that have to go into other's folks yards, fuel delivery drivers, postmen etc. and NOT end up shooting folks animals?

It just makes nine kinds of sense to me, that while you might want your weapon in your shooting hand, that it might be prudent when you heard the barking to have the pepper spray in the other and give the dog a blast to see if that sent him on his merry way.

do LEO not routinely carry pepper spray now that Tazers are in such vogue?

it just seems a reasonable solution to me.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Labs yelp a lot if you don't get the lungs.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The party might have been ruined, but look at the bright side. The cop was able to go home safe and sound. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I could have sworn that most LEO are armed with some type of pepper spray? Is that not correct?

granted since it's a dog, it's a bit down the totem pole from the theater shooting.

but still for all the chit he gets here from some I thought TRH raised a valid point. ergo HTF do all these other folks do their jobs that have to go into other's folks yards, fuel delivery drivers, postmen etc. and NOT end up shooting folks animals?

It just makes nine kinds of sense to me, that while you might want your weapon in your shooting hand, that it might be prudent when you heard the barking to have the pepper spray in the other and give the dog a blast to see if that sent him on his merry way.

do LEO not routinely carry pepper spray now that Tazers are in such vogue?

it just seems a reasonable solution to me.

Pepper spray kills people. Tasers don't. There is only so much room on a belt.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Not quite correct, a young fellow here in NSW went toes up from Tasers some short time ago.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What an azzhole.
Ever hear of pepper spray?
Little man with a badge.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Not quite correct, a young fellow here in NSW went toes up from Tasers some short time ago.

Not from "just" a taser. Whatever the other malfunctions, pepper kills them way more often.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F me, I watched it again. maybe it's the translation of the waves that make it look different in the land of milk and honey.

but I saw no reason for that cop to shoot that dog.

if he was scared how hard was it to get back in his car, and have dispatch call the house and tell the folks to put up that dog?

I'm all for good LEO, they're a needed function of our society. But forgive me if you will, that was some shoddy police work imo.

granted the owner is a dumbazz as well if he's letting a dog run loose in a neighborhood like that and it's evident he was.

seems it's all to common when two dumbazzes get together and one of them is packing a gun, whether he's wearing a badge or not.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Cop has a PA system in his car. Why couldn't he just get on it and yell profanity on it to get the dog owner out and get his dogs under control. Turn on his sireen maybe if that didn't work?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are plenty folks teaching school, selling stuff and working in industry that were poor policemen. We wash out about 10% per year.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by 4ager
Warren v. District of Columbia, 1981.
Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 2005.

Both cases clearly state that "law enforcement" has no duty to respond and no duty to protect; only to investigate and solve crimes after the fact.

Should I bother explaining that those cases deal with civil liability? Or explain that although the SCOTUS doesn't hold LE civilly liable for responding to individual calls or protecting individual citizens, they still have a duty to respond and protect?

Should I bother explaining that at NO point has the SCOTUS held that LEOs have any duty to respond or protect, and that those cases while dealing with civil liability on point are the binding precedent on those actions?

Probably not, as it goes against the party line. Cops have no duty to respond and no duty to protect.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow Lt. Pat I had no idea that pepper spray was so lethal!

I'm guessing it's most often when it's deployed on an asthmatic person?

learn something new every day

speaking of which, do they ever taze animals? That'd be apt to take the starch out of Fido I reckon!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Cop has a PA system in his car. Why couldn't he just get on it and yell profanity on it to get the dog owner out and get his dogs under control. Turn on his sireen maybe if that didn't work?

Don't know...I wasn't there. Maybe he will carry his experiences over to his next job at the factory.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Why is it always the dog?
I'd have a much better opinion of LEO's if they'd shoot a cat once in a while.
Cats that don't scramble out of the way usually get stomped to death by cops rather than shot.

For the cops here supporting the dog shooting cop, how is it that so many people whose jobs bring them into frequent contact with dogs, e.g., carpet cleaners, plumbers, dishwasher repairmen, etc., seem to be able to go through life without shooting people's dogs?

The answer to your question is easy, those people do not under intense mental and physical Gestapo training.

No, the plumbers and such drive away and let the owner do his own plumbing, if a copper did that he would be crucified for not responding to the call.

No, he wouldn't as he has no duty to do so and department procedure indicates that officer safety is paramount over all other concerns.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If I were a plumber or a pizza delivery guy, I'd have the phone number for the people in the house and could call them and say "put up your dog" or they'd be expecting me and would've already put their dog up. And plumbers have the option of just driving away. And plumbers aren't under any pressure to be in the house "right now".

Or maybe cops are just trigger happy.

Pick the option that works best for your predetermined ideas about what happened.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are plenty folks teaching school, selling stuff and working in industry that were poor policemen. We wash out about 10% per year.

Obviously time to up the percentage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
wow Lt. Pat I had no idea that pepper spray was so lethal!

I'm guessing it's most often when it's deployed on an asthmatic person?

learn something new every day

speaking of which, do they ever taze animals? That'd be apt to take the starch out of Fido I reckon!

Sometimes asthmatics, but often just that little "bump" that puts a doper/drunk over the edge of not breathing. Tasers work well on animals, but they are difficult targets because of the spread of the barbs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Warren v. District of Columbia, 1981.
Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 2005.

Both cases clearly state that "law enforcement" has no duty to respond and no duty to protect; only to investigate and solve crimes after the fact.

Should I bother explaining that those cases deal with civil liability? Or explain that although the SCOTUS doesn't hold LE civilly liable for responding to individual calls or protecting individual citizens, they still have a duty to respond and protect?

Should I bother explaining that at NO point has the SCOTUS held that LEOs have any duty to respond or protect, and that those cases while dealing with civil liability on point are the binding precedent on those actions?

Probably not, as it goes against the party line. Cops have no duty to respond and no duty to protect.

Evidently the answer was no.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Not from "just" a taser. Whatever the other malfunctions, pepper kills them way more often.

Actually...it was from a half dozen Tasers, from the coppers that were standing over the young fellow continuously lighting him up.

But gee, the coppers said sorry so we will forgive it...won't we.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course if somebody posted a video of a cop running to his car from a lab and cursing on his PA, everybody here would have laughed at him for being a coward and "why didn't he just kick the dog".

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,853
Posts18,478,484
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.