Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JTod
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Very poor decorum to post someone's personal info on an open forum....

This is one downside of an unmoderated forum. On most forums that info would be removed quickly.

On a moderated forum this whole thread wouldve been [bleep] canned and I wouldve been bored at work all day and never know anything about either party. Moderated forums are like having Democrats in office.....someone always trying to decide whats in my best interest.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the info just keeps flowing in on hunthard via PM's and phone calls. Wow!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Doubt this will be the last time a buncha members rush to the defense of someone and trip all over themselves praising him as a great guy before they have a clue what's going on..
"Well I had a smooth deal with him once so you must just be a whiner"...JFC

If some of you name callers felt you got a raw deal then had your address posted on an open forum as some sort of halfazz "retaliation".., would you still be swingin from the sellers nuts??

They'll likely all disappear now - just as quickly as they rushed to the seller's defense...

There was a thread like this a while ago that really got steamrolling pretty good. Dogpile of epic proportions. Maybe 2 out the entire gaggle that got nasty with the OP actually manned up and ate some crow..the rest indeed had to go wash their truck or something...
It's pretty pitiful to see so many "good guys" turn into a pack of hyenas so fast.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm all for hedging my bets so both are on ignore.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm all for hedging my bets so both are on ignore.

Agreed!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have Hunthard AKA Big27 On my toxic seller list with three hash marks citing "over rated items".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It seems if you are a regular human being and not Amazon Prime you may not want to sell anything to the OP or without a doubt you risk being badmouthed on this forum.

I've always had good luck buying from forums from regular people with generally lower prices and more integrity - but not everyone ships the same day and almost nobody answers emails as fast as you would like when you have a question. A little patience and civility makes a difference.

Some folks apparently are only children whose Mamma's made sure they didn't have to play nice with others to get everything they wanted.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just like Safariman...................now you love him.
Oh, wait.............now you don't.

pitiful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by specneeds
It seems if you are a regular human being and not Amazon Prime you may not want to sell anything to the OP or without a doubt you risk being badmouthed on this forum.

I've always had good luck buying from forums from regular people with generally lower prices and more integrity - but not everyone ships the same day and almost nobody answers emails as fast as you would like when you have a question. A little patience and civility makes a difference.

Some folks apparently are only children whose Mamma's made sure they didn't have to play nice with others to get everything they wanted.

The OP isn't the problem.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know I'm skeert to post anything else for sale here.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Nah! Unless you do shady stuff you shouldn't worry....

FAIRBANKS � A Fairbanks sheep hunter was fined $500 for selling an old Dall sheep taxidermy mount to an undercover Alaska State Trooper on {elsewhere}.

Tim Dingey, 38, appeared in court Friday and pleaded guilty to illegally selling a big game trophy.

In a phone interview on Saturday, Dingey said he bought the mount for $400 at a garage sale seven or eight years ago, before he took up sheep hunting, and said he didn�t know it was illegal to sell it. Dingey said he�s preparing to leave the state and �was getting rid of some things that didn�t mean that much to me� when he advertised the sheep mount on {elsewhere}.

�I didn�t realize that was illegal,� he said.

When undercover Alaska Wildlife Trooper Ken Vanspronsen, who saw the post on {elsewhere}, showed up on Jan. 5 and offered $450 for the mount, Dingey agreed.

�Then he pulls out his badge and pulls out the regulations and reads them to me,� Dingey said. �I didn�t realize it was against the law. I�ve seen plenty of stuff like that for sale on Craig�slist.�

Dingey said the mount was at least 30 years old and wasn�t what you�d consider a trophy.

�The hair was falling out. The hair was discolored. It wasn�t full curl,� he said. �It was something that was shot in the 70s.�

But Vansrponsen said state law prohibits the sale of big game trophies in Alaska. That includes taxidermy mounts of heads, horns, antlers and skulls attached to antlers. Horns or antlers must be completely detached from the skull to be sold, the trooper said.

A sheep hunter himself, Dingey said he�s embarrassed by what he called �an honest mistake� and was hoping Vanspronsen would give him a warning. He described himself as a law-abiding citizen and Iraq war veteran with a clean record who learned his lesson but said the trooper �didn�t want to hear anything about it.�

�I got my hand burnt and learned from it,� Dingey said. �I�m not too happy about it. If I actually knew it was illegal, it would be like me putting marijuana for sale on {elsewhere}. Who would do that?�

People selling big game trophies on {elsewhere} or eBay is �unfortunately more common than you might think,� Vanspronsen said. Troopers monitor both sites for possible illegal activity and also get calls from individuals who notice illegal postings, he said.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

A huge number of transactions happen on this site and 99.9% work out fine because the sellers make an effort to describe any and all deficiencies or flaws - knowing that they are likely to be engaged in a distance transaction. Most sellers fall into this group. The other group hides condition issues and hopes the buyer won't bother with the expense or hassle of a return.

Hunthard seems to fall into this category. I'm guessing the first buyer of the 41 paid shipping both ways and maybe even FFL fees because the pistol wasn't as described. Then it was listed again with no additional condition info given and the OP sprung for it. Hunthard took advantage of the fact that two members assumed he was one of the good guys.

Describe your item well and provide lots of pictures and you'll have no problems.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A huge number of transactions happen on this site and 99.9% work out fine because the sellers make an effort to describe any and all deficiencies or flaws - knowing that they are likely to be engaged in a distance transaction. Most sellers fall into this group. The other group hides condition issues and hopes the buyer won't bother with the expense or hassle of a return.

Hunthard seems to fall into this category. I'm guessing the first buyer of the 41 paid shipping both ways and maybe even FFL fees because the pistol wasn't as described. Then it was listed again with no additional condition info given and the OP sprung for it. Hunthard took advantage of the fact that two members assumed he was one of the good guys.

Describe your item well and provide lots of pictures and you'll have no problems.

My comment was kinda' tongue-in-cheek. I've bought and sold tons of stuff here. Only had 1 problem with a cracked forend on a Kimber. I resold it later and disclosed the cracks/splits. It should have been an easy fix, but I didn't want to mess with fixing it or haggling with the seller. Live and learn. And I didn't cry about it, either.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

My comment was kinda' tongue-in-cheek. I've bought and sold tons of stuff here. Only had 1 problem with a cracked forend on a Kimber. I resold it later and disclosed the cracks/splits. It should have been an easy fix, but I didn't want to mess with fixing it or haggling with the seller. Live and learn. And I didn't cry about it, either.

Oops, didn't catch the sarcasm wink

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When undercover Alaska Wildlife Trooper Ken Vanspronsen, who saw the post on {elsewhere}, showed up on Jan. 5 and offered $450 for the mount, Dingey agreed.

[bleep] should go to hollywood and try for an oscar. When does this chit become private [bleep] property? Bunny hugging pukes.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I've dealt with Hunthard/Tim before and had a good experience. As such, I boasted to the OP about my good experience, insinuating that he was a picky mothafukka. I see now, that I judged too quickly before all the evidence was available. Apologies to the OP for my quick judgement. A pox upon the 'distinguished' seller.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've purchased 4 rifles through this board, 2 of them had problems.
That's life, got them repaired and moved on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here you go fellas. I cropped out the name of the member that sent this to me but it's pretty evident as to what happened.

Maybe Tim would like to explain how he got a medical retirement from the Army and then had to go back to active duty. I would like to hear his side of the story after what I was told today. Seems BIG27 is known on a few other boards

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have seen a lot of guys mention how great a guy Tim is over the years and I've kept my mouth shut until now. This guy isn't a class act and you shouldn't "buy with confidence" as some have suggested. This a-hole has two screen names and has screwed people using both handles. There is nothing I hate more than a guy that will knowingly screw somebody on a deal. This guy banks on the fact that people won't want to ship something back to him because it's expensive to ship to Alaska.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another POS on ignore.

Wow, how things have changed on this board the last few years. Still LOTS of good folks, but SO MANY MORE classifieds cowboys.

It used to kinda be where almost everyone was here to actually shoot the $hit and participate in the forums. And maybe trade some stuff or sell some stuff at little to no profit, or even (knowingly) @ a loss. Now, there are a [bleep] ton of guys here simply looking to buy and sell. They take advantage of the members who actually would like another hunter/shooter to pick something up they can use for a good price. It is quite sickening to me at times. Unfortunately, not a lot you can do about it.

I MUCH prefer to deal with the guys who have been around, participate in the forums other than the classifieds, and who I know have the same basic intentions here as I do.

I would also like to add, although I am way wary of any "classifieds only" posters, I do know that not all of them are bad people or dishonest people. Some are perfectly GTG.

However, that being said, and at the risk of ruffling the feathers of some of the honest classifieds only posters, I cannot help but feel this place would be better without them. I just simply feel that a higher percentage of them are people I'd rather not deal with, as opposed to participating members who I am more familiar with.

I have conducted 100s of deals here. I have never gotten screwed one single time. I may have a thing or 2 I wasn't really super happy with, but not so much as to complain or ask for a refund. At least I cannot ever recall. I have never had a buyer complain or ask for a refund, either. Many guys here can make the same claim. Many.

These are the guys I prefer to deal with. This is as it should be. Too many good folks here. Not worth it to deal with one single a$$hole, even for a minute. I HATE reading the call out threads, because I really, really like to have faith in my fellow hunters/shooters. After all, the vast majority here are good dudes. However, I LOVE seeing a bad apple get tossed from the barrel. Don't let the douchenozzles ruin this place.

Reputation is everything. So is your word. A few extra bucks ain't worth it. Most here know this. For those that don't, go back and read it again.

Rant over.........

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.