Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
HUGE Bullschidt flag waving.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eh76

22 shorts?

45 LC.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I think there are probably several of us on the fire that could hit that plate at a 1000. I would want one of my .44s and it may take me 25 shots (vs.2 for micukek) but it doesn't seem crazy for a reasonably good shot that has done some long range handgunning.

There's a sucker born every minute.....

I've been kind of quite about this but I think you are more right than wrong.

That steel target wasn't very big to be seen with a naked eye especially by an older gentleman. In my twenties I shot bulls eye pistol in the National Guard. To get to the pistol range I would have to pass the shooting line for the thousand yard targets. We had two guys from my unit shooting at a thousand yards using match grade M-1s and M-14s. Those thousand yard targets were huge but those targets were awfully small targets at thousand yards. I remember just how small those 800 meter pop-up targets I had to qualify on in basic training looked and those targets were huge. Back in the day I had very good eye sight as I'm far sighted and it was quite a challenge to hit a 800 meter target with a rifle from rest.

As someone said, there was a road directly to the target and he had practiced his hold so following the road and knowing where to hold bam he hits the steel with a second shot and makes it look like he is super man.

A propaganda video if you ask me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hey TAK, looks like derby_douche agrees with you.

Maybe you gals can hook up and play Dungeons and Dragons this week.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
HUGE Bullschidt flag waving.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This place is so ridiculous.

A bunch of do-nothings that once upon a time walked by a target at 1K yards doubting what JM can do.

I have no doubt that a lot of guys here couldn't hit a barn from the inside. But that doesn't mean that nobody else can shoot either.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

A bunch of do-nothings that once upon a time walked by a target at 1K yards doubting what JM can do.

I have no doubt that a lot of guys here couldn't hit a barn from the inside. But that doesn't mean that nobody else can shoot either.

G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Derby, like myself, is a vet. Unlike you and your pothead buddy Rauncho. I'd wager that Derb wouldn't get drunk in front of his kids either. I'm sure I'd find Derby to be a nice guy. Next time I make it to Helena I'll look him up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

I also enjoyed that video you posted of you shooting last week......oh wait, no. Nevermind.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DD, I don't understand your post. You say it is difficult, but you can figure out how someone could game it and pull it off, and then you call it a propaganda stunt. So, it sounds like you say its hard, but it can be done, but it is a gimmick. I guess that makes it a difficult gimmick. I think that was the point of the whole thing.

I haven't seen JM in person in a couple of decades, but that is the kind of stuff his whole family has been attempting forever. Their idea of barbecue guns doesn't involve bling, but a bunch of guns they bring to a barbecue and shoot for the sheer fun of it. Couple that with an awesome skill level, and who knows what the guy can do. But, as long as the guns and ammo are flowing, he'll keep letting us know.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/09/14.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Derby, like myself, is a vet. Unlike you and your pothead buddy Rauncho. I'd wager that Derb wouldn't get drunk in front of his kids either. I'm sure I'd find Derby to be a nice guy. Next time I make it to Helena I'll look him up.

No problem, look me up.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
DD, I don't understand your post. You say it is difficult, but you can figure out how someone could game it and pull it off, and then you call it a propaganda stunt. So, it sounds like you say its hard, but it can be done, but it is a gimmick. I guess that makes it a difficult gimmick. I think that was the point of the whole thing.

I haven't seen JM in person in a couple of decades, but that is the kind of stuff his whole family has been attempting forever. Their idea of barbecue guns doesn't involve bling, but a bunch of guns they bring to a barbecue and shoot for the sheer fun of it. Couple that with an awesome skill level, and who knows what the guy can do. But, as long as the guns and ammo are flowing, he'll keep letting us know.

Sorry for the confusion. What I was getting at is he sets everything up just right to get the shot but his video makes it look to a non-shooter that he is super shooter. To those of us who shoot a lot we know that it's takes a lot to pull off a stunt like that.

I knew Bob Munden personally and he did some amazing things with shooting but what the average person doesn't know is that all of his shooting was a staged stunt. When Bob could not stage his shooting he wasn't really all that good.

Anybody can look good with staged stunt shooting but doing it the first time out of the box without staging is a different story.

I watch a lot of Hickok45 videos and that's what I like about him he is honest about his shooting even his misses. He doesn't make his shooting look like he is super shooter.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sorry for the confusion. What I was getting at is he sets everything up just right to get the shot but his video makes it look to a non-shooter that he is super shooter. To those of us who shoot a lot we know that it's takes a lot to pull off a stunt like that.

I knew Bob Munden personally and he did some amazing things with shooting but what the average person doesn't know is that all of his shooting was a staged stunt. When Bob could not stage his shooting he wasn't really all that good.

Anybody can look good with staged stunt shooting but doing it the first time out of the box without staging is a different story.

I watch a lot of Hickok45 videos and that's what I like about him he is honest about his shooting even his misses. He doesn't make his shooting look like he is super shooter.

Derby_Douche,

I got a news flash for you. Jerry Miculek? He really is a "super shooter." And even if that was his 115th attempt? It's still bad ass.

I have no doubt Bob was UBER impressed with your military service, and knowledge of all things handgun.

Next time I'm in Helena and I spot a drag queen wearing a kilt, I'll be sure to stop and introduce myself as well.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Speakin' of kids...

We just did 7.5 on the river while you stomped your feet and exclaimed Jerry Miculek is a liar.

Here's something you and Dungeons and Dragons will never see. We call it "the outdoors."

[Linked Image]

Travis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Next time I'm in Helena and I spot a drag queen wearing a kilt, I'll be sure to stop and introduce myself as well.

One of the guys I work for wears a kilt on occasion. He's actually Scottish, and unlike you actually was a Marine. MARSOC in fact. Still totes an AK slug under the kilt, or whatever he wears 'cause it's lodged in his pelvis.

You got any war-wounds?

That was mighty white of you to take you kids canoeing. Try not to get sloshed in front of 'em tonight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd want to see a man challenge Jerry Miculek to that shoot and call him full of schit on camera. Until then, I'm thinking Jerry made that shot.

Could I do it? HELL NO!

Can it be done? Seems like it was done, and by someone it the chops to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
A little information on how well the average human eye can see might be useful here.

Contrary to popular belief, 20/20 vision isn't exceptional but average: It means somebody see as much detail at 20 feet what most people see at 20 feet.

Somebody with 2-0/20 vision can discern about one inch at 100 yards. This doesn't mean a 1" black line on a white background (as at least one person has mistakenly written), but 1/2" black lines alternating with 1/2" white lines. (Beyond 100 yards the lines will appear gray, like a zebra does in the distance.)

An inch at 100 yards is equivalent to 10 inches at 1000 yards--where somebody with 20/20 vision should be able to discern alternating black and white lines that are 5" across.

The balloon appears to be at least 10 inches wide and maybe 15 inches long, and is brightly colored against a mostly white background, On a reasonably calm day, without much mirage, somebody with 20/20 vision should certainly be able to see it, particularly if they wear shooting glasses designed to provide more contrast.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I figure that JM knows how many BS flags the ne'er do well's flew on Elmer when he wrote about his long distance shooting with a 44.

JM decides to put it on video.

Is it possible that he fired 50 rounds before he worked out the dope? I reckon so. Makes no difference to me.

Did JM hit the ballon? With frag, yes. But the point is, the steel plate was not so large as to be a gift from 1000 yards, even with an iron sighted rifle.

I don't care if he practiced that shot for two months before he made the shot, it is still remarkable. To ring steel at that distance, standing, strong hand with support, is worthy of note. The fact that he had a red dot sight on board notwithstanding.

If you think that it was a run of the mill stunt shot, then by all means, post a video of yourself "debunking" the shot. I'd like to see it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

JM also holds some world records, I'd say that definitely qualifies him as a SUPER SHOOTER.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He is a great shooter for sure.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.