-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mistem took extra lows to a new low and has a 40mm odjective a gnats ass off the shank. I'm thinking SWFA is the new normal as the 30mm lows are flying off the rack.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Performance means nothing...... it's all about 'cool factor'... and 'my schitt costs more than yours.'

If you don't spend $3k.... it doesn't matter how good it shoots.... or handles... or kills... it's garbage.

Got a Tikka CTR in .260 on the way..... can't wait for $2kmuchgun to show up this summer and whip it's azz.....

It's really, really, not about that at all. But you seem to want to make it that way.

I told ya. But ya won't listen. Your lips are flappin' at the speed of light, but your ears unable to pick up sound. I have rifles that cost $300-$7000. I use them all.

That said, I am able to see each one for what they are. I don't tell everybody my rifles are the most accurate out of the box, post internet groups, or make outlandish claims.

And once AGAIN, I never said a word about Tikkas not shooting well. Quite the opposite actually, if you read.

So where does that leave us?

Would you care to take a jab at how I feel and why? Because apparently I am not fluent enough in the English language to convey my feelings in a manner in which they are accurately received/understood.........

You're the one yappin.... or at least that's all I hear until you show up to shut me up..... I'll run the Tikka.... what are you bringing?

You wrote the check, I'm looking forward to seeing if you can cash it.... I'll be here all summer. You're still coming to CO, right?

If it ain't about performance.... then WTF is it about?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm asking you what it's about. Because when I tell you, you don't listen or choose to completely not touch upon what I say. Just post pics of the same 2 rifles, then talk about price of customs compared to Tikkas, then maybe toss in an internet group.

What does Tikka offer you for your money that other rifles like:

Savage 10/110, Remington 700, Howa 1500, Vanguard, RAR, etc. do not? Plastic? Aluminum lugs? Poor CS? One action size? Highly over-priced replacement parts? What? Please don't say accuracy, as I know first hand that every one of them is capable of fine accuracy.

And I'd happily take your money, but let's leave traveling across the country to prove a point to someone you don't even know out of it for now, and concentrate solely on the virtues of the Tikka.

What do you feel it brings to the table that others costing as much or markedly less do not bring?( Notice I didn't say vs. high priced customs).

If you will note, I have told you multiple times what I don't like as compared to other rifles. Yet you have yet to touch upon what you feel is good/better as compared to same.

Do tell......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm asking you what it's about. Because when I tell you, you don't listen or choose to completely not touch upon what I say. Just post pics of the same 2 rifles, then talk about price of customs compared to Tikkas, then maybe toss in an internet group.

Savage 10/110, Remington 700, Howa 1500, Vanguard, RAR, etc. do not? Plastic? Aluminum lugs? Poor CS? One action size? Highly over-priced replacement parts? What? Please don't say accuracy, as I know first hand that every one of them is capable of fine accuracy.

And I'd happily take your money, but let's leave traveling across the country to prove a point to someone you don't even know out of it for now, and concentrate solely on the virtues of the Tikka.

What do you feel it brings to the table that others costing as much or markedly less do not bring?( Notice I didn't say vs. high priced customs).

If you will notice, I have told you multiple times what I don't like or is bad compared to other rifles. Yet you have yet to touch upon what you feel is good/better as compared to same.

Do tell......

You said you were going to be here anyway.... and kindly offered to take my money.... and I accept. Bring a gun, talk some more schitt, then let's go run'em on video for everyone here to see.... I'm game, I got cash, a dozen plates, and a place to do it... I'll run the Tikka, bring whatever the fhugkin you want... or you gonna just keep on yapping?

They offer a better trigger, a smother action, a DBM assembly that actually works, a better barrel, and a more serviceable stock than all the rifles you listed.... if we're talking factory to factory offerings. But, you ain't listening anyway.... bet you listen better when the rounds start heading down range.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What do they offer? How about an 8-twist .223 that's super accurate out of the box with a great trigger anyone can adjust?

And yes, accuracy is something to mention, doesn't accurate placement of your bullet count more than anything else?

As far as plastic/aluminum parts, what about plain old reliability, I haven't heard many stories about these rifles breaking down in the field?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I'll tell you what. I will be in Colorado next year. NO BS. Let me know how much money you have to lose, and I'll drive to you.
So are you in?

It'll be great. You will be laffin' your a$$ off when I miss everything beyond 200 yds.....

Yes.... I'm in for a couple hundred..... let me know when.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatcha shooting outta the 1:8? .435 BC at 2,900 would be nice, especially with a couple more rigs that like .435'ish BC's that go 2,900'ish FPS.

Spill your guts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'll tell you what. I will be in Colorado next year. NO BS. Let me know how much money you have to lose, and I'll drive to you.
So are you in?

It'll be great. You will be laffin' your a$$ off when I miss everything beyond 200 yds.....

Yes.... I'm in for a couple hundred..... let me know when.

You aren't much on specifics are ya? Why not just say you are a fanboy for no other reason that you own one? Or that you are incapable or unwilling to discuss part for part because you know the Tikka will lose?

And a couple bucks ain't worth my time, or even close. Really, a couple hundred. That's it? To prove nothing about nothing. To prove I can outshoot you, and that the rifle isn't to blame, but merely your poor skill level as compared to mine?

Fan out a couple Gs on the screen, then we'll talk......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Even the Red Baron let Snoopy go on Christmas.

I ain't in for a pissing match, but here's my take and you can use the whole salt shaker if you wish.

Put the same price tag on a RAR, ADL, and whatever else. Tikka is the only one that's the deal now. If Remmie could sell ADL's with fluted barrels for $700, they simply would. As would the rest of them.

The proof as it stands is the slew of Tikkas getting built. Don't see it with RAR's. I paid $479 for a Dick's SS special in 7-08. Shot like schit until I put it in a $500 McMillan. I've not seen a Tikka that wasn't a bullet whore. Accuracy is the biggest piece of the equation in my book, for what I shoot, and where I shoot it. 505 yards is the back of my range and all the distance I care to phuqq with. Just picked up a 1:8 223 for the sole purpose of having a LW rig that dupes the flight characteristics of a 260 w/120 TTSX and 270 WSM with 160 NPT's. And will poke a 'yote, need being. Cheap thrills.

Plastic mag box, bolt shroud, TG, and aluminum lug are the least of my worries and I've yet to see a catastrophic failure of any. And if any did fail, the gun will still function fine. 50 years and Remmie still can't get a trigger right.

So, would I like a $4,000 chunk? Who the phuqq wouldn't. Another $1,200 Montucky? Sure. A simple lesson in diminishing returns says otherwise.

So the real scoop? I could build any phuqqin thing I want. I just like the damn things.

That phuqqin simple.

And doing the rings for fellas has been a ball for the old man and I.

Still waiting to see one that shoots for schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What town are you in?

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
Whatcha shooting outta the 1:8? .435 BC at 2,900 would be nice, especially with a couple more rigs that like .435'ish BC's that go 2,900'ish FPS.

Spill your guts.

Yup on the .435 @ 2900-ish, with the 75 Amax and Var-jay. The thing I like about it though is that it's shot well under an inch with every bullet I've tried, down to 50's, these are my good-shooting loads:

� 60 V-max and 25.5 R-15;
� 60 V-max, 25.5 Varget;
� 60 V-max, 25 Benchmark
� 50 V-max, 26 TAC;
� 50 Gameking, 26 H4895;
� 75 A-Max, 24 Varget; also 22 TAC.

They're all accurate. The 50-grainer with TAC is bug-holishly accurate.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No matter how well it shoots, my Tikka will always be a peasant's rifle.

I learned it won't eject if you load the 10 round mags with 10 rounds by the way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And that is fine. I have no trouble with what you are saying.

But for myself, I want a true short action. That is what I like. I want a more substantial recoil lug. I don't think I should have to pay more for a shroud I'm positive I would break if I hunted with it much.

The plastic magazines are fine in function. But in no way justify the price, IMO.

That said, I have dealt with Beretta. It was a HORRIBLE experience both times. And my bud lost a magazine, and the price to replace it was beyond highway robbery.

In short, I feel others offer more value for the price. I have owned 700s, Savages, and Vanguards, to name a few, that will shoot one ragged hole groups. All were priced lower than a Tikka, and all came with metal parts and features that I prefer and consider a better value.

There are a LOT of good choices out there. A lot of rifles that shoot well. My home has been a revolving door of guns 25 years running. I made it a point to try as many as I could. Scopes and knives as well.

I could run a long action Tikka FAR before I could own a Browning A-bort or a Mossberg (again due to design features) but that's about it. But I would have to replace the shroud, factory rings, and recoil lug first.

If the Tikka was priced on par with the RAR it would make more sense. I guarantee you it's production cost is very low, given the parts. You are just paying Beretta more money to import it, plus a tidy profit to boot....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ft. Collins.... I knew you'd pussy out....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
No matter how well it shoots, my Tikka will always be a peasant's rifle.

Sounds appropriate. I call mine a pedestrian rifle. When I hunt, I'm a pedestrian. Or, at the range it's a ho-hum rifle. As in, ho-hum, another hit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ft. Collins.... I knew you'd pussy out....

Nobody pussied out. Nor close.

But $200 ain't worth my time nor close. Think about it.

Make it worth my time, or shut it.

I know a lovely little range near Boulder. Even know the owner. You in??

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

(Dr. Evil Font)

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gonna be funny as he11 when I get this fool to talk out his a$$ some more and then he ends up financing my trip..........

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Damn.... Just when [bleep] was getting cool. Thought for sure we'd see black hooded men with dark glasses holding fists of cash, and briefcases of money on the table again.... grin

After all.... "You were just going to be there anyhow?"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be referee. No guarantees on sobriety.

Tanner

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 20 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.