Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
Travis: you need to get out more.

Go to the gym with all the douche bags?

Eat out?

Church?

No thanks. If I'm not drinking in front of the computer I'm doing something fun.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

What does Tikka offer you for your money that other rifles like:

Savage 10/110, Remington 700, Howa 1500, Vanguard, RAR, etc. do not? Plastic? Aluminum lugs? Poor CS? One action size? Highly over-priced replacement parts? What? Please don't say accuracy, as I know first hand that every one of them is capable of fine accuracy.

Do tell......

It's just a rifle. Nobody is trying to make it more than it is, however the difference is it is not hard at all to find a bunch of examples of Remington 700's that have major mechanical issues and it is hard as heck to find someone that HAS HAD major issues with T3.

This is what it offers-

Over Savage 110's- everything. A stock worth a flip, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, more consistency in barrels, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Remington 700's- Significantly better barrels with chambers cut straight, crowns cut straight, triggers that actually work and are as good as most replacement triggers for 700's, safeties that work, bolt handles that don't pop off, and a useful stock (though it's still crap), and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Howa/Vangard- better barrels, generally better twists, generally better stocks, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over a RAR- better barrels, WAY better stocks, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

I could give two flips about recoil lugs, shrouds, or plastic mags. None of them have proven to be an issue- plastic being the least. The pistol I'm issued is plastic, the mags are plastic, the holster's plastic, the mags for my rifle are plastic, even some plastic sights have proven to be less prone to breakage than the best metal ones.

In short I won't say the Tikke T3 is the "best" it is the one that you can be most assurd will just work without having to screw with it. Everyone tries to make the new inexpensive rifle out to be the "most accurate" ever, the RAR being the newest one. Two weeks ago I had a dude that was doing exactly that with his RAR and how it NEVER shot more than MOA. Funny things was when he brought it out it never shot even close to MOA. Like most he taken one or two groups that happened to land the shots under an inch, and then BS'ed himself that it was him "if he did his part". Now the RAR's have shown a tendency to be good shooters, but they ain't even close to the no fuse easy accuracy of T3's, at least those I have seen.

All of those manufactures may make a good gun, but only Tikka produces a normal hunting rifle that I could take out of the box, mount a scope, zero, and do VERY well in most major LR/Tac matches.

Helluva post Formid....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say after 52 years of making M700's, Remington and the rest of them have done all they can to make their stuff look like a Tikka.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would like to add that I don't think a RAR is in the same category as a Tikka. Nor is a Savage.

Howa's most definitely are and I would take a Howa over most any Tikka any day.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
I would like to add that I don't think a RAR is in the same category as a Tikka. Nor is a Savage.

Howa's most definitely are and I would take a Howa over most any Tikka any day.

Travis

Do you run Howa factory rifles or use the actions to build on?

If you run the factory rifles do you typically do any upgrades?

If you build on them, does your gunsmith bitch about the metric threads?

I've looked at Howa 1500's before. They seem nice and the price is right, I just haven't tried one.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

Do you run Howa factory rifles or use the actions to build on?

If you run the factory rifles do you typically do any upgrades?

If you build on them, does your gunsmith bitch about the metric threads?

I've looked at Howa 1500's before. They seem nice and the price is right, I just haven't tried one.

Have and do shoot both. No flies on a factory tube from Howa IME. Only reasons I have replaced the factory tubes are due to twist rate or contour.

McMillan and a Timney works wonders, but the new factory offerings regarding triggers and stocks (depending on model) are more than serviceable IMO.

If you have a gunsmith that bitches about metric threads, find another gunsmith.

Try one. They're a Sako clone. Which is more than can be said for any of the other "budget priced" POS that are out there.

Travis

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg

Would like to mold the T3 into a dual purpose shooter.

Job 1: LR Steel plinker to watch the hits at 600+.
Job 2: Whitetail poker from stands/tripods, also to watch hits.

Seems like a good answer to the original question.....

.....only Tikka produces a normal hunting rifle that I could take out of the box, mount a scope, zero, and do VERY well in most major LR/Tac matches.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by smokepole
Travis: you need to get out more.

Go to the gym with all the douche bags?

Eat out?

Church?

No thanks. If I'm not drinking in front of the computer I'm doing something fun.

Travis
Can you do pullups while drinking beer? If not TAK is not impressed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What does Tikka offer you for your money that other rifles like:

Savage 10/110, Remington 700, Howa 1500, Vanguard, RAR, etc. do not? Plastic? Aluminum lugs? Poor CS? One action size? Highly over-priced replacement parts? What? Please don't say accuracy, as I know first hand that every one of them is capable of fine accuracy.

Do tell......

It's just a rifle. Nobody is trying to make it more than it is, however the difference is it is not hard at all to find a bunch of examples of Remington 700's that have major mechanical issues and it is hard as heck to find someone that HAS HAD major issues with T3.

This is what it offers-

Over Savage 110's- everything. A stock worth a flip, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, more consistency in barrels, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Remington 700's- Significantly better barrels with chambers cut straight, crowns cut straight, triggers that actually work and are as good as most replacement triggers for 700's, safeties that work, bolt handles that don't pop off, and a useful stock (though it's still crap), and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over Howa/Vangard- better barrels, generally better twists, generally better stocks, a DBM that works, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

Over a RAR- better barrels, WAY better stocks, a trigger that's not Glock stupid, and if one cares about such things the smoothest action made.

I could give two flips about recoil lugs, shrouds, or plastic mags. None of them have proven to be an issue- plastic being the least. The pistol I'm issued is plastic, the mags are plastic, the holster's plastic, the mags for my rifle are plastic, even some plastic sights have proven to be less prone to breakage than the best metal ones.

In short I won't say the Tikke T3 is the "best" it is the one that you can be most assurd will just work without having to screw with it. Everyone tries to make the new inexpensive rifle out to be the "most accurate" ever, the RAR being the newest one. Two weeks ago I had a dude that was doing exactly that with his RAR and how it NEVER shot more than MOA. Funny things was when he brought it out it never shot even close to MOA. Like most he taken one or two groups that happened to land the shots under an inch, and then BS'ed himself that it was him "if he did his part". Now the RAR's have shown a tendency to be good shooters, but they ain't even close to the no fuse easy accuracy of T3's, at least those I have seen.

All of those manufactures may make a good gun, but only Tikka produces a normal hunting rifle that I could take out of the box, mount a scope, zero, and do VERY well in most major LR/Tac matches.

Form just nailed down everything Tikka but I am sure using logic and actual experience will make no difference to those inclined to an irrational, fanatical hatred of the Tikka.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LMAO as well. 2 Different rifles made by 2 different companies.

Do you even know the difference between a Continental and a T3?

Obviously not.

Tikka used to turn out some decent rifles. That was before they became the budget line of a former competitor, who was also bought out......

2MG, yes I do know the diff in the 2 models, but did you say they are two different companies? Tikka and Tikka?

Do not confuse budget priced T3 with performance.....

Funny a Tikka production rifle won that 1K shoot, never heard of even a custom shop produced Remington 40XB winning one.........

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd say after 52 years of making M700's, Remington and the rest of them have done all they can to make their stuff look like a Tikka.

Good morning sunshine! grin

This post is ridiculous. I don't see it. What looks like a Tikka or has been copied from a Tikka?

700s design features on the other hand, well.......highly copied.

Formy----your post is 80% opinion/gross generalization. Not impressed.

HBB---Irrational? Why? Because I like true short actions, substantial lugs, and steel over plastic is that irrational? Seems logical to me, whether you agree with these preferences or not. Plus I hate dealing with Beretta, and it seems I'm not alone, nor close, in that regard.

6.5BR---Yes, 2 different companies. 3 different companies if you count Beretta. 2 completely different rifles. Comparing the 2 is ludicrous. I notice Tikka likes to take credit for this on their website. Which is funny, given the actual facts. I guess some do actually buy into it though. Apparently, it's about all they have to lay claim to, even though they deserve none of the credit and produce no such rifle.

And I'd bet money on a 40X over a Tikka in shoot out all day long. But again, as stated 20000000000000 times, poor accuracy isn't the reason why I won't buy a Tikka.

FWIW, the Howa 1500/Vanguard are very good rifles with excellent actions worthy of building upon. And they shoot every damn bit as good as a Tikka.

The Tikka has great trigger IMO. I like them. Mine is set @ 19 ozs. right now. Barrels are good, but simple hammer forged affairs that are not costly to produce, nor do they clean any better than any other factory tubes in general. At least my Sako barrels don't. They don't mine copper like a Savage, but what does? They don't shoot any better than Savage either though IMO.

Another factor, is that I like as much of my money to go to American companies as possible. I would hate to see what has already happened to some of my favorite USA optics and USA cutlery companies happen to one of my favorite USA firearms companies. And I'll not be a part of it by purchasing foreign made rifles when perfectly good USA made ones exist. I know some don't care, but I do.....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bring a factory Howa out to Colorado.... I'd love to see it next to the Tikka. Obviously you have a couple.... as you seem hell-bent on extolling their virtues on a post that doesn't have anything to do with them.

I've had Howa/Vanguard..... they sucked balls. Accuracy was always mediocre, and they need both a Trigger and Stock.

If you had $600.... and had to shoot that rifle at fur/steel/targets out to 600, outta the box with no aftermarket parts.... what would you buy? Think it'll put shoot the Tikka?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Two things:

1.) Howa's are made in Japan.

2.) Dogshooter has bad luck with purchases.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As typed on your American made computer....

Just because something is made here, sure the hell doesn't mean its #1. You couldn't give me a Chevy.

Take a gander at what the big boys are throwing out to "compete" with Tikka and its a far cry from coming close. I see lotsa clip fed closed top receivers.

Tikka is sucking boat loads of market share and Remmies off the rack continue to get worse. Thank the USA unions for that.....

Or so they say.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Know a guy who bought a Remington SPS 270 this year, threw a scope on it, and killed a deer at 375 yards two days later. Granted he isn't going to use it too hard, but it would appear they're still good enough to kill chit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by starsky
Know a guy who bought a Remington SPS 270 this year, threw a scope on it, and killed a deer at 375 yards two days later. Granted he isn't going to use it too hard, but it would appear they're still good enough to kill chit.

I fly a HUGE bullschit flag when I hear people say that "new" Remingtons won't shoot.

Travis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 16bore

Tikka is sucking boat loads of market share and Remmies off the rack continue to get worse. Thank the USA unions for that.....

Or so they say.....

Bass Pro just started selling them. That means all the big chain outdoor stores do now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pointer
Can you do pullups while drinking beer? If not TAK is not impressed.

I've been known to do all sorts of amazing things hungover. Or drunk.... grin.

[Linked Image]

Dave

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So if tikka is gaining marketshare here in the us, why the hell wont beretta import more models?? I want a third ss syn superlite in 243 dammit! But id settle for a 7-08 i guess.

Held a tikka compact at SH today, would make a great youth rifle for those with youngsters

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
16bore, i will not buy another chevy either!

Hmmm, do the Finns make any trucks?

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (35, BALLISTIK, 10Glocks, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.