Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd say after 52 years of making M700's, Remington and the rest of them have done all they can to make their stuff look like a Tikka.

Good morning sunshine! grin

This post is ridiculous. I don't see it. What looks like a Tikka or has been copied from a Tikka?

700s design features on the other hand, well.......highly copied.

Formy----your post is 80% opinion/gross generalization. Not impressed.

HBB---Irrational? Why? Because I like true short actions, substantial lugs, and steel over plastic is that irrational? Seems logical to me, whether you agree with these preferences or not. Plus I hate dealing with Beretta, and it seems I'm not alone, nor close, in that regard.

6.5BR---Yes, 2 different companies. 3 different companies if you count Beretta. 2 completely different rifles. Comparing the 2 is ludicrous. I notice Tikka likes to take credit for this on their website. Which is funny, given the actual facts. I guess some do actually buy into it though. Apparently, it's about all they have to lay claim to, even though they deserve none of the credit and produce no such rifle.

And I'd bet money on a 40X over a Tikka in shoot out all day long. But again, as stated 20000000000000 times, poor accuracy isn't the reason why I won't buy a Tikka.

FWIW, the Howa 1500/Vanguard are very good rifles with excellent actions worthy of building upon. And they shoot every damn bit as good as a Tikka.

The Tikka has great trigger IMO. I like them. Mine is set @ 19 ozs. right now. Barrels are good, but simple hammer forged affairs that are not costly to produce, nor do they clean any better than any other factory tubes in general. At least my Sako barrels don't. They don't mine copper like a Savage, but what does? They don't shoot any better than Savage either though IMO.

Another factor, is that I like as much of my money to go to American companies as possible. I would hate to see what has already happened to some of my favorite USA optics and USA cutlery companies happen to one of my favorite USA firearms companies. And I'll not be a part of it by purchasing foreign made rifles when perfectly good USA made ones exist. I know some don't care, but I do.....