Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
lugs are nice.... but $450 rifles that shoot like $1500 rifles are better....

It has always amazed me at how EVERY budget rifle owner thinks their gun shoots like a more well equipped/expensive gun.

Every Tikka owner, Savage owner, Howa/Vanguard owner, etc. The latest to the party is the Ruger American owner.

I will tell you a little secret, they all shoot equally well. And claiming one to be more accurate than the rest is nothing more than brand biased hogwash.

What I can also tell you, is that the Tikka is a budget rifle in every way, except price. Compare it, part for part, with any of the others mentioned, and then tell me why it costs more money when you, in fact, get less............

never said every.... you did. But, every Tikka I've been around has been a no fuss machine.... and all have been sub-MOA accurate, easily. I'm not giving up the Manners stocked custom .260 any time soon... but the Tikka is a great alternative for 1/3 the dough.

Let me let you in on a little secret.... here's the $450 rifle being shot right next to the $1500+ rifle... the $1500 one ain't 3x more accurate.... or even measurably more accurate. Admittedly, I don't have a ton of data on the tikka, but it's promising.

[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......