Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
2muchgun, do you even shoot? Bring some of your safe queens out west so I can watch you miss everything past 200 yards.

Here is a pic of Tikka's "tiny" lug:

[Linked Image]

Interesting picture of the Tikka out of the stock. What does the stock look like? does it have bedding blocks similar to the Ruger?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The reason I ask is, obviously, the Ruger has no recoil lug - the design renders the recoil lug superfluous.

OP,

Sorry about the thread hijack - you've been here long enough to know that's the way of the 'fire.... For your stated needs, I would load the Scenar's and shoot it as is till the barrel is done - I like every advantage I can get, but 600yds is well within that combination's capabilities. I have no problems making good hits to 500 with my Montana in 7mm-08 shooting 120TTSX's, which obviously give up a lot in ballistic capability to the 90grn Scenar 's. Most hunting combinations will work to 600yards to bang steel.

To address another point about spotting your own hits, in my experience that's almost as much a function of magnification as it is recoil. I can usually spot my hits at 500 w/ my 6.5 pound 7mm-08 and its 6x scope. I can usually do same w/ my 8.3 pound 6.5 Creedmoor at 300 w/ scope set to 6x. Turn the mag up to 9x and I start having difficulty picking up hits at even 500 with the 6.5CM

David