That is my point.

On any given day you an stack up a Tikka vs. a Savage vs. a Vanguard vs. a RAR, etc. and it's a crap shoot every time.

My beef is that Tikkas come with plastic magazines, plastic bolt shrouds, plastic trigger guards/stocks, and a 10� free floating chunk of aluminum "recoil lug". Not to mention one action length. It is clearly a cost-cutter rifle if there ever was one.

For those who wish to claim it performs just as well, fine. I don't feel plastic outperforms metal. But even it it did, when did plastic start commanding a higher price than metal?

How Beretta gets what they get for a Tikka is amazing. Given the pieces, it should cost LESS than the others, not more.

No way it should cost any more than a RAR. Because I guarantee you it doesn't cost more to produce.

What's more, replacement parts are priced ridiculously, often out of stock, and Beretta customer service is beyond horrible.

I just can't see a reason to choose/own one.

Half the rifle is made by the Lego division of Playskool, as subcontracted by Fisher Price.

Anyhoo---I will let you kids wth your regularly scheduled program now. I have said enough, and I know it grin