And that is fine. I have no trouble with what you are saying.

But for myself, I want a true short action. That is what I like. I want a more substantial recoil lug. I don't think I should have to pay more for a shroud I'm positive I would break if I hunted with it much.

The plastic magazines are fine in function. But in no way justify the price, IMO.

That said, I have dealt with Beretta. It was a HORRIBLE experience both times. And my bud lost a magazine, and the price to replace it was beyond highway robbery.

In short, I feel others offer more value for the price. I have owned 700s, Savages, and Vanguards, to name a few, that will shoot one ragged hole groups. All were priced lower than a Tikka, and all came with metal parts and features that I prefer and consider a better value.

There are a LOT of good choices out there. A lot of rifles that shoot well. My home has been a revolving door of guns 25 years running. I made it a point to try as many as I could. Scopes and knives as well.

I could run a long action Tikka FAR before I could own a Browning A-bort or a Mossberg (again due to design features) but that's about it. But I would have to replace the shroud, factory rings, and recoil lug first.

If the Tikka was priced on par with the RAR it would make more sense. I guarantee you it's production cost is very low, given the parts. You are just paying Beretta more money to import it, plus a tidy profit to boot....