Re: USA mfg., I am all FOR American mfg products, IF they are competitive in quality and price. Not all are in one or both areas.

Politics aside, I simply look at performance and value. As to Beretta and Tikka, true the bought out Sako/Tikka, but last I knew there was only 1 plant mfg Tikka. Models change sure, just like Sako, Rem, and all others. Fact is Tikka has a strong record in performance across their models. Many shooters and Smiths alike are learning they are great out the box, and also are easy to re-barrel (standard threads despite being mfg. overseas), often not needing truing, and coming with a side bolt release and very usable OEM trigger, and they are slick as glass when working the bolt.

I only have myself to make happy, and my T3 does when I shoot it. Yes Rem's often shoot fine, but many find they need tuning or work to reach their potential. My current 700 shoots well and unless the bolt handle falls off like one in the past I owned, it should continue to do well, with Timney trigger and Bartlein bbl.