Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
Don't try and label me.
I'm not an atheist, agnostic or practitioner of any religion.
I'm not bound by words on old paper or marks on stone tablets.
I'm a free man able to see and think and believe what I choose.
GOD is soooo much bigger than your god.

I already admitted that I don't know much about "my" god.

Can you give me the comparative sizes of the two?

I might want to trade up.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Now design your experiment that would either prove, or falsify your God."

Before doing that, I need to know something about you since you would necessarily be a participant in the experiment.

So... one question....... Do you believe the scientists who claim there may be other "worlds" with more dimensions than we have? Ones where our physical laws don't apply?

I understand they came by this idea by following the math.

At this point I don't believe these particular hypothesis have met their burden of proof. Although they produce some nice equations, neither M theory, nor any of it's derivatives have been able to able to produce a testable prediction. All it's accomplished for far is to spend a lot of money on salaries and pencils.

Well, anyone can believe in anything of the world which idea of is confirmed by scientific proof Which is a concern of the physical.

The Spirit is of something spiritual, not physical. The Creator is not limited to purely physical science.

The spiritual life can only be accessible by faith. Without faith, there is no spiritual being, there is only the physical. The physical is the flesh and the flesh is not eternal, but returns to the dust, from which it came.

Is this non-sequitur hour?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's the zealot who is forced to ignore new information because it doesn't support their books teaching.
How many people were persecuted over scientific revelations like ...a round planet...sun centered system, multiple galexies, medicine...
Your little Jew god SAID bird blood cured leprosy.

All your posts are addressed to me. But they make no sense as responses to anything I've posted.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No one is making you do anything. If reading what believers say about Jesus bothers you, why do you even read the thread.

Sounds to me like you are wanting discussions discussing Him to be restricted to church or sunday school or worship groups. Are you miffed by local AM and TV stations hosting religious programs?

Are those obnoxious also?

Are you drawn like a moth to the light in the night and wanting us to turn the Light off?

As I wrote earlier, I find it obnoxious when people interject God or religion where it isn't relative.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It's the zealot who is forced to ignore new information because it doesn't support their books teaching.
How many people were persecuted over scientific revelations like ...a round planet...sun centered system, multiple galexies, medicine...
Your little Jew god SAID bird blood cured leprosy.

All your posts are addressed to me. But they make no sense as responses to anything I've posted.

Yep, it cured me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sauer200
No one is making you do anything. If reading what believers say about Jesus bothers you, why do you even read the thread.

Sounds to me like you are wanting discussions discussing Him to be restricted to church or sunday school or worship groups. Are you miffed by local AM and TV stations hosting religious programs?

Are those obnoxious also?

Are you drawn like a moth to the light in the night and wanting us to turn the Light off?

As I wrote earlier, I find it obnoxious when people interject God or religion where it isn't relative.

Only those who have the key, can see the blessing of spirituality.

Read a thread that agrees with thee. You are obnoxious to folks like me.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"As I wrote earlier, I find it obnoxious when people interject God or religion where it isn't relative."

I'll drink to that! It always comes off as phony to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I admit being a tad skeptical about alien abductions, for instance, but I can't positively rule all of them out.

Just last week I listened to a lecture about experiences with aliens and alien abductions. It was interesting to hear everyone of those having any kind of experience with aliens had dabbled in the occult and/or witch craft. Another thing that was very interesting was everyone who called on the name of Jesus said the experience was instantly over. The researcher said he could find no professing Christian who had any alien experiences.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Is this non-sequitur hour?"

What do you expect........ he already confessed to liking the 270. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IS WATER BAPTISM NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?

When you ask me a Bible question you get a Bible answer. Jesus says,
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
I admit being a tad skeptical about alien abductions, for instance, but I can't positively rule all of them out.

Just last week I listened to a lecture about experiences with aliens and alien abductions. It was interesting to hear everyone of those having any kind of experience with aliens had dabbled in the occult and/or witch craft. Another thing that was very interesting was everyone who called on the name of Jesus said the experience was instantly over. The researcher said he could find no professing Christian who had any alien experiences.

I knew a guy in Greenville, Ms. who was a Deacon in a Church of Christ who claimed to have been taken aboard a spaceship. Was a newspaper article about it at the time.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
IS WATER BAPTISM NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?

When you ask me a Bible question you get a Bible answer. Jesus says,
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."

Why is it so hard for you to say " I don't know" ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew a guy in Greenville, Ms. who was a Deacon in a Church of Christ who claimed to have been taken aboard a spaceship. Was a newspaper article about it at the time.

I know a guy, who was on the board member of the Gold Beach Church of Christ, who thought he was a Christian. He told me after we had a few very friendly conversations,
"You all that stuff you been tellin' me?"
"What stuff?" I asked.
"You know, the stuff in the Bible. It's true."
"How do you know?"
"I checked it last night. I thought I was a Christian 'til I met you."

Going to church, even the Church of Christ does not make one a Christian. Humbling one's self before the Most High God and accepting His Gift of His Son's atonement for sin and obeying Jesus Christ makes one a Christian.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why is it so hard for you to accept a clear Bible answer? You either accept Jesus' Word or you reject it. There is no middle ground. Jesus say, "You are either with Me or against Me."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Why is it so hard for you to accept a clear Bible answer? You either accept Jesus' Word or you reject it. There is no middle ground. Jesus say, "You are either with Me or against Me."

This is what you posted as an answer:

"When you ask me a Bible question you get a Bible answer. Jesus says,

Now... from that, did Jesus say baptism is necessary for salvation?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

certain people just hate the Word Rich, you know that! To a believer it's LIFE.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What gets to me is posters like Fireball2 who feel the need to interject God into posts that have nothing to do with God or religion.

I'm pretty sure you hate it when I quote scripture no matter what thread it is!

LOL
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
In addition, if we look at the out comes of various indicators of well being, it again becomes obvious that all religions are not created equal. Although it is Atheist and other Non's that score the highest on these scales, they are followed in order by Jews, Christians, Buddhist, Hindu's, Muslims, and at the bottom are primitive folks religions. As a result the change of a community from folk religion to Christianity can decrease the number and severity of the misconceptions that cause a population to do bone headed things in this life. Although this may be a move in the right direction, it is not an optimum solution.

You're putting Atheists and Nons at the top of the helpful cultural life list? That takes quite the stretch of revisionist history to get there. Have you checked into the history of the 20th-century lately? At least deal with the data fairly.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

What gets to me is posters like Fireball2 who feel the need to interject God into posts that have nothing to do with God or religion.

I'm pretty sure you hate it when I quote scripture no matter what thread it is!

You and Ringman can't get it thru your self-centered heads that others don't have a problem with the bible, they just like to read it for themselves rather than have a couple of holier than thou members ASSUMING they are carrying out a mission from God by derailing threads.

The two of you have demonstrated what I predicted in my O P.... you are incapable of original thought.

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (007FJ, 19rabbit52, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.