Home
Posted By: steve4102 The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The Jesse Kelly Burger.

Ever try one?

I will this weekend.

Sounds like a basic Smash Burger with Chipotle Tabasco added.
https://www.tabasco.com/hot-sauces/chipotle-sauce/

Posted By: CashisKing Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Dude seems pathetic... I could not watch.
Posted By: rainshot Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
It looks pretty horrific to me. The best burger I have ever had came from a little roadside convenience store in Corsicana Texas, Carpenters. It wasn't that it was so big you couldn't get it down without going into convulsions, it was just a great burger made with good meat and vegetables and a bun that was toasted on a buttered grill.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Dude seems pathetic... I could not watch.
Jesse Kelly is a syndicated Conservative Radio Talk Show host.

https://www.jessekellyshow.com/

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/390-the-jesse-kelly-sho-29962174/
Posted By: krp Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Art's in downtown Phoenix, an old dive building right in the middle of homeless'ville, you wouldn't dare stop there if you didn't know, serves breakfast/lunch only.

The other place is Harbor house, Sunset beach, great burger and salad.

Most of the chain restaurants like applebees and such are just ho hum.

Kent
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Little Sandy’s Truck stop, just off RT 40 on Keyser Ridge in Maryland.
Easily the best I’ve ever had.
7mm
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
"Best" always come down to individual preferences. Yours and that guy's over there will not agree.

For my part, a great burger would be one that does NOT include weird things like avocado, fried onion rings, pineapple, peanut butter, or edible gold leaf. I want good ground beef cooked medium on an untoasted burger bun. I'd rather have one thick patty than two thin ones. Extras may include one or more of lettuce, tomato, cheese, raw onions or jalapeno slices, plus something like steak sauce or ketchup.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Certainly not from any of the chain places. The best I've eaten are at 1 of 2 very small places owned by the same guy. One's in land of liberals Hailey, ID, called the Snow Bunny. The other's the Wrangler, located in Fairfield, ID, pop 500. Don't be in a rush. You won't get any burgers cooked yesterday like McD's and the places are popular so there's often a waiting line. Milkshakes are the eat-with-a-spoon type. If you eat in, you'll get one of the old fashioned plastic baskets. The Wrangler still has the checkered oil cloths on the tables.
There are great burgers all over the U.S.! Just stay away from Mickey D's, the "King", et.al.
Some of the best BBQ I've ever had came from "hole-in-the-wall", off the beaten path huts and roadside stands.

Ralph's in Palestine, Tex had as good a burger as you could get. It's long gone.

Paw-Paw's Onion Burgers in Chickasha, Okla. DO NOT go at 12 noon! The locals swamp them.

The Iron Skillet in Kilgore, Tex. They had homemade fried pies and coffee for breakfast.
Went in the first time for breakfast. You could hear, "whop, whop, whop!" coming from the kitchen.
I looked through the "pass through" and there were 2 older women swinging 6" cast iron skillets, whopping out burger patties from balls of ground meat!
The Diamond Cafe in Taylor, Tex had a burger so good, you could lick the grease off your elbows! LOL!
It was about 3 doors down from Louie Mueller's BBQ. One of the top 10 BBQ joints in Texas.

LOVE a good burger! ....and it ain't good unless you have grease running down your arms to drip off your elbows! 😋

Didn't say a damn thing about "healthy"! I said "GOOD"!
Posted By: jmdriver Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I just ground some venison and bacon together. Might be my new favorite.
The absolute worst I've eaten was at a Burger King in Yakima, WA. I was on the road and stopped for a quick takeout lunch. I was in the car when I bit into it and it was completely cold in the center. It had obviously been in the cooler for a while. I took it back in and asked for a fresh cooked one (I was less than polite). They gave me one that had been cooked until crunchy. They also gave me a complimentary order of fries....stone cold and soggy.
Posted By: papat Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Hamburger King on Main Shawnee Ok. Been there going on 100 years. Kind of seedy but great burgers.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I don’t know about best ever, but I had a good one at a joint called Farm Haus in Indian Land SC this week. Easily one of the better ones I remember.

Folks in Tacoma love this schit hole called Frisco Freeze. Total dump staffed by dirty tweakers. Burgers suck azz. People here get wet in the panties about it though. 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Lslite Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The Cover Burger at the Alamo Springs Cafe in Comfort,Tx. used to be a really great burger.Now,a yankee has taken it over and the food has gone downhill.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Build my own on the Brookstone griddle

Classic smash burger

Then some fresh/rinsed russet taters

Fries in the air fryer
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Seoul Burger in Tacoma is killer.
Posted By: LeakyWaders Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Burger Dive...Billings Montana!
For home cooking, Costco sells pre-made patties for about the same price as bulk burger. They come in several sizes and % of fat. A burger with 25% fat will be dripping fat and kicking up the flames. We get the 85 to 90% lean versions.
We also have a burger press for making elk burger patties. We'll make up a bunch of them and freeze them for quick meals.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Didn't need to watch. The best burger ever does not contain pickles or ketchup.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
We use homemade sweet relish. But no ketchup? Them's fighting words!
Originally Posted by krp
Art's in downtown Phoenix, an old dive building right in the middle of homeless'ville, you wouldn't dare stop there if you didn't know, serves breakfast/lunch only.

Kent

The Chuckbox in Tempe is good, right in the student ghetto. And yes, Art's is a good place in a dicey neighborhood (on Van Buren).
Posted By: EdM Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
My favorite comes from the Kendalia Store just down the road from my house. Simple with quality ingredients in proper proportions.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kendalia-general-store-kendalia
Posted By: DANNYL Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
How about some good home recipes.
Individual likes... mine... don't want 15 things on my burger, it's a burger not a club sandwich... to be in the running...

Bun toasted is a plus, no seeds or extra crap on it, patty must be fresh made not frozen, iceberg lettuce not the dark green leaf chit, onions is fine, tomato ok... NO MAYO... mustard and ketchup... cheese is fine. Must be the total package and just taste great.

And no seasoned fries with orange chit all over them... just F'n fries...

Kent
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

The Chuckbox in Tempe is good, right in the student ghetto. And yes, Art's is a good place in a dicey neighborhood (on Van Buren).

My niece is going to ASU, I'll have to take her there next time we go to lunch.

Kent
Originally Posted by DANNYL
How about some good home recipes.

My favorite at home is from the trailer trash menu, fry up a big patty, toast regular bread slices, cheese melted, mustard, ketchup and relish... steak fries in the air fryer.

Kent
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We use homemade sweet relish. But no ketchup? Them's fighting words!

Relish and ketchup? Now we is gonna fight. No sugar on the hamburger!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I like 5B Burger Co. in Mt. Vernon Tx. and West Chevron station in Winnsboro, Texas and Maw's Cafe in Leesburg near Pittsburg Tx.

5b and West Chevron serve fresh cut fries.

https://www.facebook.com/5bburger/

https://www.facebook.com/mascafeofleesburgtx
Posted By: bludog Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Two nights in a row, my wife and I went to a different tavern/brewpub in Des Moines while we were attending the LPGA Solheim Cup. One of them was Wellman's Pub (I think) but can't remember either name for sure. Both nights we got burgers and both were as good as any I've ever had. Different fixins. but I'm betting they used the same meat supplier. Both had good local craft beers available as well. Good trip. The meat makes or breaks a burger IMO.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Salt, pepper, smoked paparika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and brown sugar.
The best burger to me is one I grill to medium rare and put on a decent bun with ketchup a little mustard and some red onion slices.
Posted By: hanco Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Wifeys home made are fabulous. I had one at the club house at Panoramic Gulf club in Willis Texas two weeks ago. It was best store bought burger I’ve had in years.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
A great burger is grilled fresh beef with onion and tomato and a smallish bun. Buns should never dominate a great burger.

A couple of favorites burger spots.

Ray’s Tavern in Green River, Utah

Powerstop in Gunnison, Colorado
Posted By: Higginez Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
In N Out Double Double Animal style.

The End.
Originally Posted by jmdriver

What is it that makes folks want to take something as tasty as fresh venison and GRIND BACON WITH IT???

Why the hell not just make a bacon sandwich?

You're doing a disservice to bacon* AND venison!

* - and I'm not talking about that "Corn King" crap you get a WalMart for $1.89/lb!
Posted By: robertham1 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Higginez
In N Out Double Double Animal style.

The End.

This is the correct answer-

But whole grilled onions
Probably one I've made on the grill. For fast food it's the In-N-out in Phoenix. Double-double animal style is excellent.
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
"Best" always come down to individual preferences. Yours and that guy's over there will not agree.
Exactly. There’s no such thing as “best ever”.
The in and out I tried when they put one by the house, put so much 'sauce' or whatever it is on it the patty was swimming, can't stand a burger or sub 'wet'.

Kent
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
For home cooking, Costco sells pre-made patties for about the same price as bulk burger. They come in several sizes and % of fat. A burger with 25% fat will be dripping fat and kicking up the flames. We get the 85 to 90% lean versions...

85-90% lean isn't suitable for a good burger, it'll be too dry and flavorless to be decent. 80/20% ground chuck is the best for burgers.

My girlfriend is almost scared of fat in or on beef. When we started dating she wanted 90% lean beef so I went along for a couple of times. Finally after suffering that I put my foot down and told her no more of that crap. Same with the steaks, she won't eat a ribeye, she wants filet with no fat at all. Not coincidentally she also wants everything well done. I told her I'd grill what she wanted the way she wanted, but I'm not eating dry overcooked beef.
Posted By: hookeye Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Am content w Kumas.
Hell i may do dinner tonight down there. 2hr drive but i gotta get some scope rings and base halfway.
Posted By: Farming Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I’m reluctant to claim anything the best, without trying everything. My wife on Tuesday, the ride home from chemo. Obviously A fan of In-N-Out with grilled onions.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 3dtestify Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The Bison Burger from the Mt. Whitney restaurant in Lone Pine, CA.
Posted By: jimone Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Blasted bambi flambe.
Toppings your choice.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by krp
Individual likes... mine... don't want 15 things on my burger, it's a burger not a club sandwich... to be in the running...

Bun toasted is a plus, no seeds or extra crap on it, patty must be fresh made not frozen, iceberg lettuce not the dark green leaf chit, onions is fine, tomato ok... NO MAYO... mustard and ketchup... cheese is fine. Must be the total package and just taste great.

And no seasoned fries with orange chit all over them... just F'n fries...

Kent

bingo.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The old Bob Hall pier here in Corpus.

toasted bun
lettuce
tomato
grilled onions
pickles
cheese
mustard
mayo.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I tune in to Jesse Kelly whenever I can - he's a true patriot. Here's a bit about him, taken from his shows website:

Born in the Ohio Rust Belt, Jesse Kelly joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 2000 and on 9/11, watched the towers fall from inside his barracks.
He later deployed to Iraq as an infantry Marine during the Second Persian Gulf War and received an honorable discharge after four years.
In 2010, with no political experience to speak of but many opinions to share, Kelly ran for Congress in a Democratic-controlled district of Arizona.
Though a virtual unknown in the race, he was only narrowly defeated by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. The race initially ended in a vote recount.
After his Congressional run, Kelly continued to be a major voice among conservatives, using his large social media following as a platform to continue many of the conversations started on the campaign trail.
He signed on to host a one-hour show on 950 KPRC in Houston, Texas, in 2018, which was expanded to a two-hour program.
“The Jesse Kelly Show” debuted as a three-hour program in national syndication in April 2020. Fans can follow Kelly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information, please visit https://www.jessekellyshow.com/ or www.PremiereNetworks.com.

Back to burgers, I've heard him talk about this burger on his show and I intend to give it a shot sometime, sounds good.

The best store-bought?

Ice-Burg drive-in in Walla Walla, Washington. They've been around for god only knows how long. I bought my first one in 1975, and the last one I had from them was about a month ago.

Honorable mention would be Don's Place in Burbank California.
It was an icon there for many years, but burnt down in the mid 90's I think.
Celebs used to come in all the time, not that I give a rats ass anymore about celebs in general, but back in the 60's/70's/80's it used to be kinda cool to be hanging out at Don's on a Sunday afternoon with a cold brew and a burger, and seeing some of them coming in with street clothes on.
Autographed pictures covered the walls. It was the kind of place that they could come in and get a burger, and be treated just like anyone else. Very few tourists in there, it was mostly just locals, so they didn't have adoring fans gushing all over them.
Posted By: SRPI89 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Ray Rays in Floydada TX.

Their version of a kitchen sink burger is incredible. Good meat, veggies, cheese, bacon, fried egg, sautéed onions and jalapeños, and guacamole.
Posted By: antlers Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Nic’s Grill at 10th and Pennsylvania in Oklahoma City. Tiny place, seats about 12 to 16 total. Only open a few hours a day. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The Holy Cow ! Burger at Harry Caray's. Had one at the Midway airport terminal a while back. PHENOMENAL !!!!!!!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
Exactly. There’s no such thing as “best ever”.

Just like chili, there are dozens of ways to do it and none that are wrong..
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
There are two possible paths here. One is to exalt some obscure dive in the voter's area of operations that no one else will ever visit. The other is to proudly proclaim that "There ain't no damned place that can make a burger as good as I can make myself!".
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad
There are two possible paths here. One is to exalt some obscure dive in the voter's area of operations that no one else will ever visit. The other is to proudly proclaim that "There ain't no damned place that can make a burger as good as I can make myself!".

Was your favorite Sesame Street character Oscar the Grouch?

Hold into the Metamucil.

Double sheesh.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Pssst and neither does his

Commenting without knowing again I see
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Winking Lizard's Big Ed. 1lb. Bacon double cheeseburger is a strong contender. Wife and I split a meal when riding the bike trail nearby.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
A good burger will feature meat. It won't be a salad in between two fugking pieces of bread. What the hell is wrong with people?
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Long ago when Wendy’s very first opened up they had burgers made from genuine hamburger and was square .
Hands down the best burger around for a restaurant burger , but of course greed kicks in and they soon became just another patty .
The best was grandmas and my own .
Some good stuff
Deer burger over beef anyway
Kenneth
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hold into the Metamucil.

Double sheesh.

Actually, I lean more to Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets. They speak the truth as they see it.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by martinstrummer

What is it that makes folks want to take something as tasty as fresh venison and GRIND BACON WITH IT???

* - and I'm not talking about that "Corn King" crap you get a WalMart for $1.89/lb!

Calm down Karen. It’s my veni and my bacon and I’ll eat the chit the way I want. I don’t go to your job and knock the dick out of your mouth.
What is it that makes folks want to take something as tasty as fresh venison and GRIND BACON WITH IT??? Why the hell not just make a bacon sandwich? You're doing a disservice to bacon* AND venison!
Calm down Karen. It’s my venison and my bacon and I’ll eat the chit the way I want.
lol

TRUTH…!

Some people clearly get their panties in a wad over how other people eat THEIR hamburgers and drink THEIR bourbon and cook THEIR steaks…and it’s never not funny.

lol some more

Hold into the Metamucil.

Double sheesh.

lololololol

Calm down Karen. It’s my veni and my bacon and I’ll eat the chit the way I want. I don’t go to your job and knock the dick out of your mouth.

pwned…
Posted By: Raferman Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22

Hold into the Metamucil.

Double sheesh.
You try living in a trash can bud.
Posted By: EdM Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by antlers
What is it that makes folks want to take something as tasty as fresh venison and GRIND BACON WITH IT??? Why the hell not just make a bacon sandwich? You're doing a disservice to bacon* AND venison!
Calm down Karen. It’s my venison and my bacon and I’ll eat the chit the way I want.
lol

TRUTH…!

Some people clearly get their panties in a wad over how other people eat THEIR hamburgers and drink THEIR bourbon and cook THEIR steaks…and it’s never not funny.

lol some more

Or how they choose to spend their money.
Posted By: poboy Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Make mine buffalo.
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
1/2 pound Bison burger at Beyond Burger in Texas City. The Diablo comes with grilled jalapeños and pepper jack cheese. Add bacon and you got a meal.
Someone make a list, so as we travel across America, we can try these places.
Monderosa lodge in Nenana makes a really good one. I try to time my trip to Fairbanks to get there for lunch.

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]

Posted By: Jahrs Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Wild Willies in Worcester MA is purty good! Hamburger Heaven in Palm Beach FL was way up there. Not sure if it’s still around or not. It was so good that people ate it raw (steak tar tar) not me though. Hard for me to eat a medium rare burger.
The best burger I tasted was in the diner in Churchill, Manitoba 1981. Had finished 45 days of canoeing ending in Eskimo Point, NWT (now Arivat, Nunavut) where we caught a boat down to Churchill where I had my first meal not out of a Duluth pack in nearly 7 weeks.

The burger was a plain old California with lettuce, tomato, and mayo but it was exquisite. I was experienced enough I didn't put ketchup (the old vinegar type was typical up there,not the sweet type more common down here) or mustard on it as those are too strong tasting after the bland diet of the trail. It was the second best meal I had on the trip, the best being a merganser twirled over a driftwood fire I tried two days before.
Meer's Store - Medicine Park, Okla is the best "buffalo" burger. Made with "real" buffalo. Right tasty!

jmdriver - take a chill pill my friend. Get your bowels in an uproar and you'll be eating yogurt and baby food.

"... I don’t go to your job and knock the dick out of your mouth. ..." - jmdriver

You might wanna go sit in a corner and play with your sexual innuendo. You need a little stress relief.
Meer's Store - Medicine Park, Okla is the best "buffalo" burger. Made with "real" buffalo. Right tasty!
Meers is a little NW of Medicine Park. I’ve been going there since I was a little boy, and I’ve eaten at the Meers Store and Restaurant many times. I agree that the Meers Burger is damn good. All of the burgers I’ve eaten there over the decades have been made outta Texas Longhorn beef.
Monderosa lodge in Nenana makes a really good one. I try to time my trip to Fairbanks to get there for lunch.

Did you complain to management about the salad that someone put on that burger?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
It looks pretty horrific to me. The best burger I have ever had came from a little roadside convenience store in Corsicana Texas, Carpenters. It wasn't that it was so big you couldn't get it down without going into convulsions, it was just a great burger made with good meat and vegetables and a bun that was toasted on a buttered grill.

Every day at our local drugstore grill. (except Sundays) The girls whip up a good hamburger or tenderloin basket. Grilled hamburger with a toasted bun and French fries. They will even make you an honest to God malt to go with it.

kwg
Posted By: 16penny Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Mayhill cafe on hwy82 between cloudcroft and artesia in southern N.M
Posted By: AML Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
A burger, fries, and chocolate malt. Fine dining when I was a teenager. Still a favorite 50 years later.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Did you complain to management about the salad that someone put on that burger?
‘Net pics. But I enjoy a bit o’salad.
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Wild Willies in Worcester MA is purty good! Hamburger Heaven in Palm Beach FL was way up there. Not sure if it’s still around or not. It was so good that people ate it raw (steak tar tar) not me though. Hard for me to eat a medium rare burger.
In Woostah? That’d be pissah!!
Posted By: Jahrs Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by 16penny
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Mayhill cafe on hwy82 between cloudcroft and artesia in southern N.M

You need some egg yolk running done that badboy for the finishing touch.
Venison is better than beef only if your brain has no wrinkles.
Posted By: funshooter Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
My best is Bravo Burger in Redlands Commyfornia
Their Bacon Avocado Cheese Burger.

Second is In and out But I have to get the fry's and the Shake to make it all good.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
It was the second best meal I had on the trip, the best being a merganser twirled over a driftwood fire I tried two days before.

That sounds down right awful.

Truth, though to make venison burger I second grind in the fattiest beef hamburger I can find.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Truth, though to make venison burger I second grind in the fattiest beef hamburger I can find.

Kent

I have a neighbor to the north that loves ground mutton burgers.
Posted By: Morewood Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
My brother makes an outstanding burger using 1/2 beef 1/2 lamb.

Bomb diggity right there.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent
Same here.

I’d like to say that I love venison but at it’s best it’s almost as good as beef to me but with a lot less margin for error as far as cooking. I’ll eat a bowl of beef chili over Frito chips cold a bite of cold venison chili and you can’t scrape the tallow off.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Nice!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
We like venison black and blue burgers.... 2 thin patties pinched together over a clump of good blue cheese. Sous Vied for maybe 90 minutes then a brief high sear often on a George Foreman grill. Garnish as desired.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Nice!

Little garlic and rosemary.....
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
We like venison black and blue burgers.... 2 thin patties pinched together over a clump of good blue cheese. Sous Vied for maybe 90 minutes then a brief high sear often on a George Foreman grill. Garnish as desired.
I’m mostly a ketchup and mustard guy but that’s my favorite venison burger recipe.
Posted By: Partsman Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Growing up my parents would take us up to the okanagan to see relatives and I remember a spot on hwy 3 past a town called Hope and before Manning Park and I can’t remember if it was an actual cafe or a mobile set up, but I remember they made the best burger.

Not sure how many BC people remember it, it was years ago and not sure when it closed.
I was born in 1955 so it had to be there in the 60’s.
Posted By: jeeper Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
I cook some really good ones on the pit. For dine out Walk Ons bar and restaurant is hard to beat.
The old A & W burger stand in town.

Well...before they closed it 30 years ago.

It’s tough to beat those frosty mug root beers.
Posted By: pete53 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Five Guys the works burger
Posted By: GuideGun Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Had the best burger of my life last weekend actually. At the Blackcap Grille in North Conway, NH. Snake River Farms Waygu beef patty, Highland Farms Alpina cheese, some bacon, and tomato. No sauces, cooked a nice blue rare. Was absolutely amazing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nick’s Old Fashioned Burgers in Welcome, N.C. are the best I have ever had. There are several burger joints across the state that are darn good. Go to the coast and you can get yourself a shrimp burger. Awesome!
Raised our own calves to butcher all through my childhood, also had deer, doves, quail, rabbits, frog legs, fish... now add elk and antelope... but beef still rules even from the market.

Kent
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
The last free one I had.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22
Don't agree with that at all. I'll take venison any day, especially mule deer. Antelope is good too.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/09/22

For my part, a great burger would be one that does NOT include weird things like avocado, fried onion rings, pineapple, peanut butter, or edible gold leaf. I want good ground beef cooked medium on an untoasted burger bun. I'd rather have one thick patty than two thin ones. Extras may include one or more of lettuce, tomato, cheese, raw onions or jalapeno slices, plus something like steak sauce or ketchup.

Word
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
It was the second best meal I had on the trip, the best being a merganser twirled over a driftwood fire I tried two days before.

That sounds down right awful.

Today it would be, back then fresh meat (excluding some fish) was something not seen in almost two months. That merganser was mighty tasty at the time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Don't agree with that at all. I'll take venison any day, especially mule deer. Antelope is good too.

Antelope is excellent....but it and venison ain't a pimple on quality beef's ass.

I do however concede that 99 percent of you have never had quality beef.
Posted By: Mossy Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Miner’s burger in Yakima Wa always has a huge line. Nothing special about their burgers other that they’re big. My wife and I split a burger and fries. We still can’t help but stop in when we’re in the area.

My favorite burger is made at home. Elk burgers made like meatloaf. Egg, breadcrumbs, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and whatever else sounds good at the time
Posted By: EdM Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
I had a pretty good burger for lunch today at one of the breweries in town. A fairly basic well proportioned cheeseburger.
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22

Big Jim going to 1990 for a burger!
😂

Big Jim going to 1990 for a burger!
😂

My happy place.
Ba da bing!
Posted By: DMc Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Toss up between In-and-Out Burger & Kincaids in good ole Fort Worth
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by krp
Raised our own calves to butcher all through my childhood, also had deer, doves, quail, rabbits, frog legs, fish... now add elk and antelope... but beef still rules even from the market.

Kent

You can retire now, Diogenes, we found him.
Posted By: antlers Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Big Burger World in Cañon City, Colorado makes a really good hamburger too.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I’m mostly a ketchup and mustard guy but that’s my favorite venison burger recipe.

Yeah, I wanted a burger and didn't have any fatty ground on hand to mix in with the straight venison....
we have gone to processing straight ground venison and add fat or sausage spice when ready to cook it. We put up 50 pounds of ground last season and are pretty much out of it now.
Posted By: EdM Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Hudsons in Coeur d' Alene makes a very good hamburger as well.
Best I’ve had......

When i worked offshore we had a night cook.

Cooked on a griddle top.

steamed each one with a metal bowl over it.

About every other hitch, he’d make hamburger buns from scratch. 🤗🤗

He’d make hot, crispy fries..

Hell of a midnight meal.
Posted By: Benben Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Way late to the discussion, but Black Hills Burger and Bun (I think it’s called) in Custer, SD has damn good burgers.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
There used to be an old Chevron station outside of Lawrenceburg, near the Bluegrass Parkway intersection with US 127, that had an old coot chain-smoking Camels and flipping burgers on a flat-top.

You would walk in and he would growl "Hey bud wadda ya want bud?" through his throat tumors. And he would flick ashes all over that flat-top. His burgers were real good, even with the Camel ashes.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
There's not anything left in this region worthy of the name.
The usual fast food places like McSalty's and Booger queen
and Jack in the Crack are here if you want a sandwich with
extra spit put together with hands that just got through
scratching a crusty butt.
If you had a time machine, there was lots of good hamburger
joints here everywhere.
Even Whataburger was great back before the corporate
days and the apathetic hoodrat employees.
Used to be Hunt's drive in, Parkit Market, Van's,
Buncha Burger, Pig Stand, Lee's , S&G and others I
can't remember.
The last good one, Country Burger, has been gone now
maybe half a dozen years. Too many of the influx
of yuppies gave the place bad reviews based on the
crappy building and the restroom and the fact that
it was in a dry part of town, no beer.
The elderly lady served nothing but top drawer eats,
and had a sign at the register that many of the yuppies
didn't like. " WE SALT AND PEPPER OUR MEAT, AND
SALT OUR FRIES- IF YOU WANT ANYTHING DIFFERENT
PLEASE STATE AT THE TIME OF YOUR ORDER "

They had a wall of plaques for "BEST BURGER " going
back years, but the power of the pinhead yuppies
is sometimes too great to overcome
What kind of pinhead goes out to eat without visiting
your own bathroom before you leave your house?
Posted By: 45_100 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Meyer's Store had good burgers and probably still do. Been a lot of years since I had one. My grandmother took us there one time. Wendy's were good when they first came out but now just kinda average. Lived in Yuma when they first started. We like In-N-Out for a pretty decent burger and we don't have much time. Our favorite is cheeseburger at Silver Saddle Steakhouse in Tucson. I think it is a 1/2 pound of meat. Reasonable price. They have good steaks also.
Denny’ Beer Barrel Pub, Clearfield, PA

Mac & Jack Burger
1/2 lb. Angus burger grilled and topped with grilled onion, 2 slices of bacon, our white cheddar mac & cheese and pepper jack cheese served on a toasted brioche roll. $13

Or any of their other great burgers! Then you can go to Grice’s Gun Shop about 5 minutes away and get ya some guns and stuff!

Doc_Holidude
Posted By: auk1124 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by Ranger99
a sandwich with
scratching a crusty butt

LOL

That reminds me of the time my wife and I watched some little meth queen come out the rear door of a local pizza place and start furiously digging in her crotch like she was sifting for a gold nugget. After a good couple of minutes she went back in the kitchen. We figured the crabs were biting pretty hard that day.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by auk1124
a sandwich with
scratching a crusty butt

LOL

That reminds me of the time my wife and I watched some little meth queen come out the rear door of a local pizza place and start furiously digging in her crotch like she was sifting for a gold nugget. After a good couple of minutes she went back in the kitchen. We figured the crabs were biting pretty hard that day.

Yeah
It's hard to have any confidence in your food
or the restaurant when the employees are covered
with dandruff flakes. Makes you wonder what
else has been scratched besides they haid, or
how far those fingers preparing your plate have
been up their nostrils
Posted By: KFWA Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Five Guys makes a pretty good burger around here,
last weekend I bought some thick patties at Kroger, soaked some Dale's Steak Sauce on them , bought some Onion buns and doctored them up with Dukes, Frenchs and all the fixins. Two slices of melted American cheese. They were pretty good

I'm a sucker for any little Tastee Freeze type Mom n Pop place that makes a burger served with the crinkle cut fries, with it served in a red and white checkered paper basket. Every time my son and I take the boat out we stop at the local one. We get the deluxe cheese burger basket with a Raspberry shake. That's Americana right there.
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Maybe 10 years ago, hanging guard rail in the winter. Busted azz all week, pretty much stayed cold and wet all week too! Stopped at a Shari's on the way home. Bacon blue cheese burger with some bad azz onion rings. Dunno if it was a good burger or if it just really hit the spot. Either way, I still remember it.

Scored some meatloaf sandwiches in Post, Oregon that summer. Probably same deal, but they were freaking good
Posted By: Backroads Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
The last one you remember your grandma made you.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Build my own on the Brookstone griddle

Classic smash burger

Then some fresh/rinsed russet taters

Fries in the air fryer
Doing this Sunday after church.
Posted By: Royce Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Buckhorn Bar in Augusta makes a pretty good burger.
(It’s in Montana.)
Posted By: worriedman Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by krp

Kent
Back when I had teenagers, the son and his buds would show up at my place in Ft. Worth Sunday nights to head up to Denton for college. I would buy 2 pounds of fat hamburger from Winn Dixie and mix in 4 pounds of ground venison. Hot charcoal grill and make 12 burgers, medium rare. I get a card from one of the kids every year on Fathers day still.
Posted By: ldholton Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
If your burger is really good, you don't need all that extra special sauce and this and that and lettuce tomatoes and all the other s*** on top. All the extra crap does is cover up the taste of the s***** Burger usually. Good burger don't need that
Posted By: RIO7 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Red Stone Bar, Red Stone, Calif. with out a doubt the best Burger in the U.S. Rio7
Posted By: 300MAG Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Wallat's Tavern Rt. 30 Jennerstown, PA.......unfortunately it burned down.
Posted By: Azmarlin39a Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
I used to stop at a roadside diner, just off I-25, in San Antonio, NM. The best green chili cheeseburgers anywhere. Haven’t been there in 20 yrs.
Posted By: deflave Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
You want the best burger in the world?

Stay afield eight hours longer than you'd planned, when you get to town, grab a burger. LOL

You'll see all those "Burger King upset my tummy-tums" type comments go right out the fugking window.
Originally Posted by Backroads
The last one you remember your grandma made you.

Those were called Hamburger Sandwiches.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by bludog
Two nights in a row, my wife and I went to a different tavern/brewpub in Des Moines while we were attending the LPGA Solheim Cup. One of them was Wellman's Pub (I think) but can't remember either name for sure. Both nights we got burgers and both were as good as any I've ever had. Different fixins. but I'm betting they used the same meat supplier. Both had good local craft beers available as well. Good trip. The meat makes or breaks a burger IMO.
I have had a burger at Wellman's pub, I give them a 7.5. 5 Guys and Wellman's are real close to each other. I like mine simple. Fresh ground beef on my grill, a big slice of the red onion, toasted bun with just mustard and some dill pickles on the side. No need to over think this.

kwg
Best ever? The onion burgers made by Lee Garrett at the Hamburger Inn in Mangum, OK years ago. Lee is long dead and they just aren't the same these days, probably use too high a grade of beef in them.

These days it's Clanton's in Vinita, OK or one of the Storm's on Highway 281 in TX.
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by auk1124
a sandwich with
scratching a crusty butt

LOL

LMBO!
Back many decades ago, a scrawny, snaggletoothed red head that appeared to have psoriasis was cooking at the local "Pitt Grill".
A customer went off on her, "I didn't want mayo! I want mustard!"
She grabbed the plate, pulled the top off the burger and swiped the mayo off with a grubby, scrawny forefinger. Licked the mayo off her finger, smeared mustard across the bun, replaced it on the burger and put the boys plate back on the table.
Donnie wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and apparently didn't see what she did.
He checked for mustard, replaced the bun and chowed down.
I simply finished my coffee and left, knowing if she was cooking, I would NOT be eating there! 😳
Originally Posted by lapua6547
I recognize that one, In-N-Out Double double.
Quad

Posted By: lynntelk Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Tanks Midland Texas. Don’t judge by the outside appearance, judge by what they hand you thru the window.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Someone make a list, so as we travel across America, we can try these places.
Somebody already has.

His name is George Moltz

Search YouTube for George Moltz , he has some interesting stuff on burgers across America
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by deflave

Stay afield eight hours longer than you'd planned, when you get to town, grab a burger. LOL

You'll see all those "Burger King upset my tummy-tums" type comments go right out the fugking window.

Excellent post!
Posted By: funshooter Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by lapua6547
I recognize that one, In-N-Out Double double.

You left out the Shake
Ya Gotta Have the Shake or it is justa burger
The Shake man the Shake
Posted By: BigPine Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Trappers lake lodge 40 miles from Meeker Co. , mostly on dirt road
These are the best in my ‘hood.

Posted By: JB in SC Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Blue Top Grill in Graniteville, SC. Made fresh every day, home made fries. It's been quite a few years since I ate there, but from what I hear it's still just as good.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22

Absolute truth !
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Half hour ago.

#edible

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Tom2506 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
I don’t know about best...however, I vote for the Bison or Longhorn burgers at the Meers General store in Meers Oklahoma. Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for reminding me! Tom
Posted By: SAM50 Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22
Tony’s Lunch. Girardville, Pa. Been operated by Josie and Claire since 1972 but burger and hot sauce recipe is 100+ yrs old. They’re called screamers and we’re invented by Mom Fulgenitti. Mom got married when she was 14. When she was 31 her husband died and she had 17 kids. This is how she raised them. She was still cooking when she was in her 90’s. Died around 1971. They’re worth the trip.
Posted By: Kushtaka Re: The Best Burger Ever?? - 07/10/22

Hunger is the best spice.

Only had In-n-Out once. San Jose. It was the day before we got shot at during the Gilroy Garlic Festival a few years ago. It was super busy location and took forever, so I know the burgers weren't under a heat lamp for long. I see no reason to go back. Funny, we drove by a Five Guys on the way there. I've never had one of their burgers, but any fast food burger I've had was better than In-n-Out. Maybe just a bad day for them. Not a fan.
© 24hourcampfire