Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by victoro
You don't have to believe in a God to live a good moral life in the short time we're here.

Without The Absolute Moral Giver, who decides what's moral? The guy with the most power!

the first part is debatable. then the second part is also debatable no matter how the first part falls out.

moral giver: yhwh, jesus, buddha, kali, shiva, great spirit, creator, allah, mighty pharoah?

then, at the second level, which "deity" is it ordained that we should worship?

and on what grounds? faith, belief, knowlege, or something else?

lot's of old, abandoned gods lying on the side of the road.

we all want to know the truth, no?

Uh, no. Some prefer the teachings of a church and reject the truths in the word found in the Holy Bible. They accept the teachings of men rather than the teachings from Him.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word. That word is in the Bible and not in the church.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
"John said:" God is love."

That right. God loves you but if you don't love him back he'll burn you in hell for eternity. It's your choice. God is like the egotistical guy that tells his girlfriend that he loves her but if she doesn't love him back he'll blow her brains out. It's her choice though so if she choses not to love him back it's her fault if she gets her brains blown out.

Perfect analogy except that the boyfriend didn't create the girlfriend. Nor is the boyfriend the objective standard against which all is judged.

But ya know... other than that is a perfect analogy. crazy

A God didn't create the boyfriend nor is a God going to judge anybody. Gods and all the fairly tales about them are created in men's minds. Just because some men wrote their delusions down doesn't make those delusions true. When I was working if you had a problem employee that needed to be fired you had to carefully document the reasons for firing them. If you didn't carefully document the incidents that led to you firing them the union would be able to overturn the firing. Even the union believed that writing down the infractions made them "the gospel". I remember as a young kid hearing the bible being discussed (and later on reading it myself) and thinking that this was some crazy stuff and how could anybody believe it. I figured that as I got older maybe it would might begin to make some sense but the exact opposite happened. Do you believe your God loves all living things or just humans that believe in him?

We can not contemplate that which is not possible, anymore than a dog or horse can contemplate flying to the moon. We contemplate it and we do it, and many of contemplate everlasting life and Heaven. Too bad you dont.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by comerade
I am Catholic and a believer in Catholicism. I believe that something warms your heart it is God speaking g to you and these little things make most people quite grateful. God gave us free choice and hopes the choices you make warm your heart along the way. If a choice creates anger , jealousy , fear...it is not him speaking. I don't think that faith is religion either.I am not religious-don't care for the term

So, you accept that Moslems can go to Heaven without accepting Jesus Christ as Savior due to them, according to the Church, having the "faith of Abraham", rather than what the Bible says?

Believe me when I say Lindsay Lohan could warm my heart and make me holler, "Oh my God". wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/29/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I am reading the latest " Words" on this thread while watching jews and muslims fight it out in Jerusalem w/ the same certainty exhibited here. It is nearly as enlightening and educational as the debates on Sasquatch and alien abductions.

A quick scan of the world we live in today tells me that god has a stranger sense of humor than me. Intellectual/theological certainty is somewhat narcisistic perhaps?

mike r

And jell0 was certain of Russian collusion. Bfd. Separate truth from fiction, or it will be made clear to you. Remember the prophecy written 2000-3000 years ago. The Jews will regain their homeland, and it will not be lost again. Happened just before i was born and unbelievable to most on earth at the time, but as usual, His words were true.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/29/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Jag, did you just use Jeff O's drugged blathering to illustrate the truth of prophecies purportedly written 2-3k years ago? Perhaps you should cut back on the drinking because you sound crazier than Pelosi.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,263
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.