24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? TheLastLemming76 04/24/24
It all comes down to price. You said that the chassis and drivetrain are fine and it doesn’t sound like anything vital was damaged. Given that the accident wouldn’t bother me a bit if the price is right.

The Pro model is overpriced for what you get IMO compared to a TRD OR model but it’s a very cool truck and top dog if you’re into Tacoma’s. If you can get it for a decent bargain and are in the market for a midsize truck I’d buy it in a minute if I were you.
52 3,090 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Rem 700 short action vs M 7 Dude270 04/24/24
As stated above, M7 Takes its own bases. The rear portion of the action isn't as long as a 700
11 1,376 more...
Re: Why are blacks and hispanics underperforming? Sharpsman 04/24/24
The answer should be highly obvious!!
57 4,722 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
F/S: Bell & Carlson Composite SKS Stock Set- Exceptionally Rare Russian Chinese BlaserSkeet 04/24/24
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Extremely rare Bell & Carlson stock set (stock and handguard) for SKS rifles. Appears to be uninstalled with some light shop wear (this came to me in the original box, which was in rough shape so I threw it away). Stamped 05 93, which would make this stock set a hair over 30 years old, and these haven't been made in a VERY long time. Black semi-gloss textured finish with soft rubber recoil pad and sling swivels front and back.

Due to the large number of variations, countries of mfg, and mfg duration, gunsmith installation may be required, and I would not expect this set to be drop-in. This is for any traditional SKS but the Albanian ones which use different stocks, so may require modification if you have one of the SKSs with a detatchable mag.

I looked for a LONG time for this set, but have since decided to just leave the gun all original. In that time, I never found another loose set for sale, and only found one long old ad for a gun for sale with one installed, and one ad from a couple years ago, so I don't think that B&C ever made very many of these stock sets. Which probably make sense, since at the time the cost of one of these sets almost certainly exceeded what you could have bought a complete SKS for! I believe it would be somewhere between exceptionally hard and impossible to find another of these sets in better condition.

If you don't want to disassemble your original handguard to install the gas tube and ferrule on this one, I have a gas tube and ferrule available as well.

$265 shipped in CONUS
1 199 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/24/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,310 14,657,226 more...
Re: Just put up a perimeter fence Swifty52 04/24/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
While it's specifically against the schools, it involves a lot more than that.

Students at campuses across the U.S. have demanded their schools stop doing business with Israel or the U.S. Defense Department, which gives money to it. While the specific demands may vary from campus to campus. Among them include:

Stop doing business with military weapons manufacturers that are supplying arms to Israel.
Stop accepting research money from Israel for projects that aid the country's military efforts.
Stop investing college endowments with money managers who profit from Israeli companies or contractors.
Be more transparent about what money is received from Israel and what it's used for.

Bunch of ragheads that are always whining about something.
14 689 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? 4winds 04/24/24
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
There is no such thing as a front quarter panel. There's front fenders, inner fenders, a "core support" which holds the radiator (probably the backordered part) and the front bumper, grill, various brackets, etc. Make sure the frame and front suspension has been checked out on some type of laser alignment rack, and any structural damage fixed properly. The rest is cosmetic- - - -the truck would run and drive just as well without it. I taught collision repair for several years, and grew up around a frame straightening and wheel alignment shop in the 1950s.

I'm no collision tech, so forgive me for my lack of specifics and $hit memory. The backordered part is exactly as you mentioned - core support. I believe it is also the front fender, not sure about the inner fender.
52 3,090 more...
F/S: Russian SKS Barrel Assembly 7.62x39 Screw-In Long Collar with Sights BlaserSkeet 04/24/24
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Russian SKS Barrel Assembly 7.62x39 Screw-In Long Collar with Front & Rear Sights

SKS barrel assembly with front and rear sights and other components. What you see is what you get.

Gunsmith fitting will be required, this is not a drop-in part. This is a screw in barrel, and will not work on the receivers which have a pressed and pinned barrel.

This was removed from a numbers matching gun, from which the top cover was dated 1954.

Appears to have a matte black paint finish, which based on some quick research was part of a military refurbishment process. Bore is in very good condition and is chrome lined.

$115 shipped in CONUS
0 69 more...
Re: Just a Heads up ! Smaller Tulsa Gun Show this Weekend ! remingtonclassic 04/24/24
With the new ATF rulings that's coming into effect,I think we will see some major changes in the future of gunshows as we've been acustom to over the years,As the personal collection sellers are weeded out,
8 666 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: DATA POINTS H-414 & w 760 bugs4 04/24/24
That difference could be easily attributed to lot-to-lot variances. You would see the same differences in different lots of H4350
22 1,888 more...
IC B3
Re: Just put up a perimeter fence acy 04/24/24
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
1st: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

They have the right to be there as long as they keep it peaceful. Just fence them in and let them protest to their little hearts' content. That word ' peaceably' is too often ignored. When the rock throwing, car wrecking, and arson start, peaceful has gone away. It's time to stop them (think Portland).

They're asking for redress with the School - not Government.

Exactly, also believe that school property is considered private not public as you can be banned. The college could stop this immediately but wont since they are complicit.

That's the way I see it as well. Also, with respect to public property, time/place/manner restrictions can be imposed. You'll note that the government never seems to impose any restrictions on the wonderfully peaceful protests of the liberal scum.
14 689 more...
Re: Tennessee allows teachers to be armed. RyanTX 04/24/24
Originally Posted by MOGC
From the article:

"Under the bill passed Tuesday, a worker who wants to carry a handgun would need to have a handgun carry permit and written authorization from the school’s principal and local law enforcement. "

The liberal principals in most of the schools will probably kill the requests within their school anyway.
22 1,288 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Long Range BS pete53 04/24/24
a very dear friend who has shot more deer than 99 % of all deer hunters killed many elk too. he made a shot on a young 5x5 bull elk and killed that bull opening mourning that made me laugh . let his 75 year old friend shoot 1st the old hunter missed Dan asked : Frank how high did you hold over that bull with the 280 ? Frank said a 1 foot ,Dan said Frank thats a half mile at least Dan was using a 300 Weatherby mag. DAN decided to use his Kentucky windage method and shot and he is good at it and this is what he told me he did this Dan shot off hand held a elk and 1/2 elk over that bull knock that bull down 1st shot. sure made me laugh when they told me, Frank said he seen the shot too . Dan has always has had that uncanny ability to shoot animals running and shooting animals a long ways out too. but as he and myself have got older these big Magnums we don`t care for that recoil anymore Dan now shoots as i do 257 Weatherby mags. less recoil and no headaches. good luck ,Pete53
421 72,419 more...
Re: Vaxx?! We don't need no stinking vaxx! 45_100 04/24/24
Originally Posted by IZH27
Interesting. It seems that the article will be worth the read.

Does the research address the negative impact of long term use on the natural balance of bacteria in the sinuses?

I could see that many would abuse the use of the antibiotic effect of Neosporin opening themselves up to other problems.

Good point. In our dry desert climate lots of people have dry nasal passages and use Vicks, Vaseline, etc. for that purpose. This would seem a logical alternative with added benefits but what is the downside?
7 680 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? Teal 04/24/24
Originally Posted by killerv
I literally just test drove a 2019 with 88k on it, limited edition, had all the bells and whistles, just not 4wd. It was 28,000. No wrecks. But I didn't bite.

Weird thing about Tacomas in my experience when I bought my 22. The "Limited" was mostly cosmetic. On a line item by line item comparison to the TRD Off Road - I had a lot more stuff at a better price. What I didn't have were fancy rims and a "limited badge".

I also felt like for the 10k to move up to a PRO, I could put one heck of a suspension package on to rival OEM for less as the real difference between mine and the PRO was the PRO's shocks, badging and auto trans.

I see where base TRD Pro's for 2024 start a hair above 62k now, 10k more than the 2022 IIRC.
52 3,090 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99C Comment gbfan3855 04/24/24
I throughly enjoy my 99C 22-250, even though it's a safe queen. I will sell it in 10 years when I can (hopefully) retire.
17 1,399 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? pyscodog 04/24/24
If it wasn't considered a total loss there shouldn't be a "rebuilt title". If repaired correctly I don't see an issue. Possibly have a mechanic that you trust check it out first.
52 3,090 more...
Re: Just put up a perimeter fence Rock Chuck 04/24/24
While it's specifically against the schools, it involves a lot more than that.

Students at campuses across the U.S. have demanded their schools stop doing business with Israel or the U.S. Defense Department, which gives money to it. While the specific demands may vary from campus to campus. Among them include:

Stop doing business with military weapons manufacturers that are supplying arms to Israel.
Stop accepting research money from Israel for projects that aid the country's military efforts.
Stop investing college endowments with money managers who profit from Israeli companies or contractors.
Be more transparent about what money is received from Israel and what it's used for.
14 689 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: SSA-E Sale? bowmanh 04/24/24
Originally Posted by Dons99
Just bought one yesterday from PSA. Never used a 2 stage, how will this compare to my CMC single stage for hunting?
I prefer the SSA-E for precision shooting like hunting. It has some take up but then a nice crisp let off. In my experience, the CMC is pretty light but has more of a rolling break.
14 1,058 more...
Re: Police kill 3x more Indians than blacks? flintlocke 04/24/24
I'm going to make a pretty controversial generalization here...but I was raised next to the rez and lived here in the midst of Injun country for most of my life, worked with scads of Injuns back in my logging days, so I'm going to opine. The western Injuns I'm used to are genetically and culturally, warriors at heart. They despise a coward, they have much more respect for a man who will fight and lose than a man who won't fight. Law enforcement as it is practiced requires the citizen in a simple questioning or a potential confrontation to back down, comply, obey. That is not in the Injun's dna. A very few rural sheriff's deputies understand this and get along just fine, make a whole career without drawing a gun... but any cop with attitude confronts an Injun with aggression, he will be met with aggression, every time. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with the quoted statistic...it's all about the nature of the interaction, excessive aggression by leos leads to trouble every time. Of course most of my experiences were pre meth...just alcohol...maybe the rules have changed now.
13 961 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday BuckHaggard 04/24/24
Good for her, it's a big birthday.
46 2,742 more...
Re: Friend is working at a secret illegal alien camp SBTCO 04/24/24
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by ol_mike
in Texas.
Talked to my best friend in Nashville Monday evening he said Randy was working six weeks on six weeks off at an undisclosed location in Texas.
It's 99% females with kids- they're from all over the world.
Randal does some type of managing- food- clothes- transportation when their paperwork comes through.
A guy he went to college with retired and helped him get the job. He's being paid really well.
The illegals are generally there for 2-3 weeks.
Anybody here ever heard of anything like this?

Has anyone asked "Randy" how it feels to be a useful idiot/guv parasite contributing to the destruction of our country?
He was a friend a long time ago, really a friend of my best friend I mentioned.
Randy is an offbeat kind of guy- I never hung out with him but we were often in the same places.
His bachelor party night he disappeared? Got married a short time later- a couple of months into his marriage a young black girl shows up at his and new wifes doorstep. Informed them she's pregnant by him, marriage didn't last very long.
My friend who told me this words were,, 'they're glad Randy is finally working'. Sounds like he hasn't been doing much..
He's not the type to think very deep into the things you mention- he's been a stoner for decades.

Not surprising. I've known a few with the same traits.
36 3,158 more...
Re: Has anyone Never Been To Las Vegas. ? Otter 04/24/24
Never been there, no desire to.
94 4,953 more...
Page 232 of 585 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 584 585
AX24

465 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.