-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: CZ riifles wango 04/23/24
Ttt
24 3,789 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Finally Found "Retumbo" - $72.00 Pound! jlink280 04/23/24
Retumbo is 70 a pound at one of the LGS, they have some crazy prices though $100 for imr-4064 that was sold out, RE7 is 70 as well. Any Alliant powder is between 70-100 a pound they like to turn a buck.
34 3,219 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
About That M14 Service Rifle... Garandimal 04/23/24
According to Gun Jesus:

Huh.

GR
19 1,327 more...
IC B2
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Canoe's in Alaska ArcherBunker 04/23/24
I bought plans for a big 20' stitch-n-glue about 15 years ago. Fiberglass dust doesn't agree with me now, so I plan to convert it to aluminum. We'll see...

I called NorWest a few years ago about their 26' Chisasibi. They were years out and don't ship. Hate to hear they had a fire.

Can't get a Scott in Whitehorse anymore. I tried to contact the company with no response. I called the only distributor in Washington and got the run around. Too bad. Covid and Communism spread the same way but the later will be harder to get rid of.
22 2,958 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX RinB 04/23/24
Does anyone have any ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with the relative pressures generated by the CX bullets compared to the Barnes LRX & TTSX? I am loading .277” 130’s.

Please no speculations.
28 2,879 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Supreme Court to decide if government can regulate ‘ghost guns’ AcesNeights 04/23/24
I’m against any restrictions placed on our INALIENABLE rights!

Our Founders weren’t required to stamp serial numbers on their rifles or cannons…
35 1,908 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: .405Win Barrel tex_n_cal 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
.405 Brass and ammo is definitely available, just expensive! So far bullets are in pretty good supply, both Hornady and Hawk, to name two sources.

If you're craving a .460 S&W single shot, then the Miroku is probably a good option. The Ruger .460s command big premiums, especially the ones with 22" barrels. Ruger has also made a run of .450 Bushmasters in the #1, and some of these are out there for semi-reasonable prices, but they are in the stainless & laminate wood models. The .450 Bushy of course also uses .452 bullets so a wide variety are available. .450 brass is readily available. The Number One in .450 is the only one that came from the factory with a threaded 20" barrel, so it is also set up well to run a can. That's what finally got me to buy one.

And I am with Pappy - the Low Wall Winchester, in modern steels would be awfully interesting (and effective) as a lightweight .30-30. I've thought about getting a .22 Hornet or .223 Low Wall rebored to .30-30

I’ve seen some new-production LWTHs in .357 recently. One of those could be rechambered to Max or maybe even the Buckhammer with some additional work on the extractor.

As best as I can remember, I have five “deer rifles” that haven’t made their bones yet, so it’s doubtful (not impossible!) I’ll be tackling such a project, but I’d love to see yours!😛 I’m full of good ideas, and sometimes something else…….

Another action that could take the .30-30 is the original Stevens 44½. CPA and I traded emails, and they say the originals are strong enough for the .30-30, as long as one doesn't get stupid about loading hot. I bid on a .25-25 on GB, but did not win the auction. Since then, the originals I've seen for sale were too expensive to use as donors. CPA does make a "new" 44½ action, but it is somewhat wider than the original, and presumably heavier.

One of the Miroku Low Walls should already have a stock suitable for using a scope, which is what I'd prefer with a .30-30
12 932 more...
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? Raeford 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I thought it was funnie that Barnie only had one bullet

Wrong show.

That was Three’s Company.

Are you sure it wasn't Barney Miller?
43 3,231 more...
Re: Inflation? gene270 04/23/24
inflation is one thing but corporate greed is another and i think some CEO guys/ladies are lining their pockets and using that for an excuse
just look at beef prices versus chicken and pork... somehow bacon is worth $8 dollars a pound now and loin is under $4 chicken is still under $3 but a dozen eggs was what $5 not long ago...
87 5,439 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Looking for bolt action .22 LR dogwater 04/23/24
I have a 457 (wood) and a Tikka (plastic). With my off the shelf, non specialty ammo, they both shoot the same (and its very good). Neither one is as good as my TC contender, but that isn't a bolt action like you specified. I ended up liking the CZ more and I gave the Tikka to my kid, who likes it more. And she is very good at grouse head shots with it...
54 4,916 more...
IC B3
Re: Leupold & Vortex adeel1981 04/23/24
MOA reticle. Think it’s called VMR
10 834 more...
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld Dirtfarmer 04/23/24
Originally Posted by donsm70
Damn, that's nice. I keep coming back, hoping that it has found a good home. Maybe by the next time?
donsm70
Aww, Don.

You know you want it; it's yo kinda gun and you love Karl's work.

AND, the price isn't bad: you couldn't build it for that....

Hmm....

Here to help... cool

DF
35 2,810 more...
Re: WTB Ruger M77 red recoil pad 17CalFan 04/23/24
3 359 more...
Re: Scotus grants cert in Frames and Receivers rule BMT 04/23/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Comments from a real lawyer:

The Four Boxes Diner is a good source for the law versus opinion.

BMT
8 1,222 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: How to fix a Leupold 260Remguy 04/23/24
YAHOO

You Always Have Other Options, its your money, spend it any way that you want to.

If you don't like or trust Leupolds, buy something else.
14 2,408 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Tearing up the old hay field LouisB 04/23/24
When I see something like that I always think, "Chisel Plow"

How old is the alfalfa?
Getting ready to go into a rotation?, what do you follow alfalfa with?

Do you chemically burn down after?
5 739 more...
Re: Supreme Court to decide if government can regulate ‘ghost guns’ antelope_sniper 04/23/24
35 1,908 more...
Upland Game Jump to new posts
Re: Maine grouse? woodmaster81 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Gojoe
Cold and fairly dry in the top of Maine this spring. Fire danger is elevated today and that is really early. The Patridge population may get a break, and two hatches is a possibility.

Dry is generally a good thing providing it doesn't negatively impact first insect numbers and then forbs and other ground food sources for the chicks. It will be far more important at the end of May to mid June when the chicks hatch and they are still in their "fuzz" stage.

No matter what, grouse do not bring off more than one brood per year. There may be multiple renesting attempts per year if the nest is lost but once the eggs hatch that is it until next year.
39 9,666 more...
Re: Its meme time Rock Chuck 04/23/24
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Our rock looks more like an elephant than your rock.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
78,307 14,654,450 more...
Re: Inflation? The_Real_Hawkeye 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Tarbe
We have not yet seen the full inflationary effect of our currency creation because much of the currency is in foreign markets (hence the common observation that we have "exported" our inflation to other countries). This is why we have not seen the commensurate inflation here, based on the amount of debt/currency creation.

As foreign sovereigns de-dollarize (sell/redeem US debt and refuse to buy more) we will see dollars come flooding home...and the price inflation will be epic.
I wish I had thought of that. grin
87 5,439 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Added #6 to the to the group of "G"s steve99 04/23/24
Congrats Stephen! You've got yourself a beauty for sure.
26 2,087 more...
Re: Remember 8 track tapes? SMalloy805 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Ah but do any of you remember the 4 tract

Yes, kept a bottle of alcohol in my car to clean the capstan drive.
And Q-tips !!
54 2,722 more...
Re: Giant Schnauzer Pup Attacked By Mountain Lion In Yard The_Real_Hawkeye 04/23/24
32 2,543 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/23/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,307 14,654,450 more...
Re: Inflation? Tarbe 04/23/24
We have not yet seen the full inflationary effect of our currency creation because much of the currency is in foreign markets (hence the common observation that we have "exported" our inflation to other countries). This is why we have not seen the commensurate inflation here, based on the amount of debt/currency creation.

As foreign sovereigns de-dollarize (sell/redeem US debt and refuse to buy more) we will see dollars come flooding home...and the price inflation will be epic.
87 5,439 more...
Page 273 of 588 1 2 271 272 273 274 275 587 588
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.