-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Today is Earth Day...How are you Celebrating? Wrapids 04/22/24
As expected, [bleep] loonies.
58 2,881 more...
Re: Working in 2008 GMC Sierra 1500.... drop_point 04/22/24
My condolences and good luck with the truck!
15 1,191 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS Williams Fool Proof Receiver Sight 5960 04/22/24
is the front sight dovetailed ?
16 1,219 more...
IC B2
Re: Say you hit a dog.... Szumi 04/22/24
I'd feel bad but dog should not be running loose.
75 4,824 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once Riflecrank 04/22/24
Using the Pac-Nor barrel weight calculator,
I reckon that a 20"-barreled No. 5 contour is going to be only 2 ounces heavier than a 23"-barreled No. 4.
I will be doing a No. 5 sporter on my next one:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
4,007 788,572 more...
Working in 2008 GMC Sierra 1500.... Oldman03 04/22/24
I inherited Dads pickup when he passed away. It's not pretty, but it runs good and that's enough for me. Saturday I put on a front wheel bearing assembly and saw it needed brake pads. So today I got the pads, rotors are ok, and oil/filter. Put on the front brake pads and changed the oil/filter.

Took a rear wheel off and decided to put new shoes on the back, also. No problem taking the thing apart, but whoever came up with the idea of that big spring clip to hold the shoes on the back plate needs to be gelded w/o anesthesia for a start, and then get rough with him. Pain in the wazoo is an understatement.
15 1,191 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Working up a load for .22-250 Q_Sertorius 04/22/24
Thank you for the reply. When I bought the rifle, I knew that the twist rate was going to be an uncertain factor. The seller could not tell me much of anything about the rifle. I just crossed my fingers and hoped that it would be a 1-12 or faster twist. But, since I will be shooting at 2500-4000 feet, I cannot really count on any significant altitude factor.

I already bought a couple of hundred different bullets in different variants of middle weights to try out. If it turns out that my maximum range is limited to less than 600 yards, that's not really a big deal.
14 1,292 more...
Re: Sinclair Priming shellholder drop_point 04/22/24
The Universal model? I could use one, do you do paypal? Send me a PM. Thanks.
4 400 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Canoe's in Alaska PaulBarnard 04/22/24
I second looking at a Gheenoe or variant. Go check them out at Big Franks in Maryville. More stable than a canoe and built for an outboard. Some models are light enough for a two person portage. Look at Online Outboards for the best small outboard prices in the country.
22 2,877 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Redding dies question drop_point 04/22/24
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by drop_point
Depending on the precision I'm looking for out of the rifle, but my best ammo comes from a body die, then a competition neck sizing die, then a mandrel die.

What type seats the bullet after that?

I have a combination of Redding Competition seaters, Forster BR seaters, and I'm flirting with an arbor setup.

My favorite seaters so far are Redding Competition seaters with the stem to match the bullets I'm shooting.
11 838 more...
IC B3
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Help with extractor BrotherBart 04/22/24
You're gonna have to remake that extractor. You have abunch of filing to do.
Either that or figger out how to make some .224 Valkyrie brass grow a rim.
4 509 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Vanguard .250 Savage bearded_hillbilly 04/22/24
That’s a great cartridge, I hope you enjoy it.
17 1,504 more...
Say you hit a dog.... Higginez 04/22/24
Say you hit someones dog while you were driving too fast on a narrow street in a small town.

Are you stopping to see if he's ok?

Dog is fine btw.

Can't believe the nerve of some MF'ers though.
75 4,824 more...
Re: 3- Powder Scales Dillon Ohaus 338rcm 04/22/24
$85 Shipped for the 2 balance scales
19 1,886 more...
Re: Baboon Hunting - This looks like a blast! Stormin_Norman 04/22/24
While visiting a park in Cape town SA, they were camped out in the parking lot and visitor center. There was a group of guys chasing them back into the park with paint guns because they would raid the eggs from the surrounding Ostrich farms. They have nasty fangs.
25 2,815 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold Mark 4HD drop_point 04/22/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by mathman
I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the one in the pic.

Roger that.

The scope in the OP does not have an adjustable focus/parallax and as such would be a horrible choice for a rimfire.

LiL Fish is going to fake test his on a rimfire. It really doesn't matter because it's a fake test.

But it's fun to point out how clueless he is concerning applications for scopes.

What's funny is he didn't even think about it, and now he's going to pretend like it wasn't brought to his attention.
78 12,094 more...
Big Bore Levers Jump to new posts
Feedback on the 90's era Winchester Miroku 1886 .45-70's midnightson 04/22/24
Does anyone have performance/quality feedback on the 90's era Winchester/Miroku 1886 reproductions? How did/do they compare to the Browning Miroku's or the current production Winchesters?

I've got a hankering for an 86 .45-70. Miroku over Italian personal preference. I realize pretty much all repro's after the Browning have a rebounding hammer and tang safety. I'd really love a Browning, but they are scarce and maybe getting out of my price range.

It's going to be a shooter not a safe queen. Thoughts?

Thanks.
4 439 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana Riverc 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
NOTHING good comes from legalized marijuana.....NOTHING!
That also goes for Alcohol.
71 4,529 more...
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Hastings 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Futura
Bet the Jews and Muslims are not thrilled to have genetically modified soybean plants making pork proteins. Except the ones selling the stuff I guess.
Moslem stores in black neighborhoods sell pork. Apparently it's OK to sell it to the infidels.

For myself, I'm not eating soy or pork.
10 890 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Stophel 04/22/24
All the stuff he should do, he should have done the first damn time.
112 4,978 more...
Re: Marlin 338 MXLR MARCEL 04/22/24
All I used was Hornady 200 grain FTX in it and it ran flawlessly.
13 1,254 more...
President Trump Delivers Remarks to Media Pool Following Day #1 of “Hush Money” Trial SupFoo 04/22/24
The “hush money” case in New York City is perhaps the stupidest of the Lawfare cases launched against President Trump. The premise is that President Trump tried to “influence the 2016 election” by paying people not to besmirch his reputation with negative stories about him. This is the basis of the “hush money” claim by state prosecutors.

The Federal Election Commission reviewed the details and found no merit to the claims of illegality, but the state of New York twisted the legal interpretation of “honest services” to make a claim that President Trump paid his attorney Michael Cohen and labeled the payments “legal services.” The state case is dependent on a logical fallacy that paying your attorney and designating the payment as ‘legal services’ is a fraudulent business practice. It really is nonsense Lawfare.

President Trump delivered remarks to the media after the first day of trial where his defense team said to the jury, “use your common sense. We’re New Yorkers, It’s why we’re all here.” WATCH:

Hat Tip: Sundance

29 2,115 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Hastings 04/22/24
Top water bait
387 26,910 more...
Re: City of Grants Pass Vs Supreme Court PaulBarnard 04/22/24
The supremes better think this through. Telling a governmental entity that they can’t stipulate how people access and use the entities property can have far reaching effects.
43 2,937 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: Ingram MagnaCut x2 longarm 04/22/24
Dave,
He's at the top of his game!
17 924 more...
Page 274 of 598 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 597 598
AX24

663 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 3,331 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,505
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.