24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana alwaysoutdoors 04/22/24
The DEA doesn’t have a replacement boogeyman for cannabis. Although I’d be fine with leaving their budgets alone. Put more effort and capital into keeping fentanyl and such outside our borders.
71 4,609 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana RHClark 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by RHClark
Yea, that's unfortunate. The mistaken assumption you are making however is that legality mattered to those jerk off's you hired. You honestly think those idiots wouldn't be high except for the law? Yes, the government will operate it at their usual level of corruption. I think it boils down to whether you believe we are better off now with the government in control of alcohol than we were in the days when alcohol was illegal. Marijuana legalization bears much the same parallels in history except that it is less lethal.
A lot of people base their morality on what's legal and what's not. What legalizing MJ has done/will do is increase the number of users.

Do you think we should make alcohol illegal, again? If not, why? Doesn't the exact same argument apply?
It's within the bounds of prudence.
One difference, however, is that alcohol is food, THC is not.

I wouldn't call it food. If you think it's food, just see how long you can live consuming nothing except alcohol. It would be more accurate to call it a dose dependent liver toxin. You can consume enough alcohol to kill you pretty easily. You can't consume enough THC in any natural form to kill you.

Not only that but the Asians have used marijuana as a food source for over 2000 years.
A better comparison would be wine or beer to MJ. Wine and beer are both food. THC is not, not even to the extent that alcohol itself is. Alcohol has calories.

As far as Asians using it as a food source, it would be far better and more viable to use non-psychoactive hemp instead. Perhaps that is what you meant in the first place?

Death isn't the only outcome of poisoning. Poisoning could result in anything from baldness to death or anything in between. In the case of MJ, psychosis seems to me to be it's biggest poisoning risk. That happens in a lot of cases, I believe in a far bigger % of users than with alcohol. Luckily, it seems to be reversible in cases where the user hasn't been using it daily or for great lengths of time.

Marijuana doesn't cause psychosis, but it can increase those tendencies in people who already have them just like any other drug. I don't see it as a good thing that everybody needs. I see it as a thing that is with us whether you wish it was or not. So, then the question is what's the best way to deal with it.? legalization with regulation similar to tobacco and alcohol seems to be the best solution IMHO.
71 4,609 more...
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval rockinbbar 04/22/24
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Idiots.

More and more the USDA is being weaponized against farmers/ranchers, and the American citizens. mad

Man eating plants ain't that far off.....

Long as they have a taste for liberals.
10 908 more...
IC B2
Re: Today is Earth Day...How are you Celebrating? Stickfight 04/22/24
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Like the founder of Earth Day I'm going to kill my girlfriend and stuff her in a trunk and stick her in a closet for a year or two.....

Centuries of inbreeding can have negative consequences.
58 2,996 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Who makes the best 7mm Rem Mag brass? South_Pender 04/22/24
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hi David,

To me RWS or LAPUA. Get 50 or 100 and you are done.

Good luck

PH

Lapua doesn't make any belted mag brass

They make 300 WM brass. So if someone absolutely had to have Lapua brass for his 7 RM, he could form it from the 300 WM brass, although it would be a lot of work for questionable gain.
39 5,030 more...
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Futura 04/22/24
Bet the Jews and Muslims are not thrilled to have genetically modified soybean plants making pork proteins. Except the ones selling the stuff I guess.
10 908 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: 742 woodmaster peak98 04/22/24
Two fine Remingtons you’ve got there, congratulations. What caliber is the 742? I have my father’s 1969 model 742 in 30-06. He and I have killed a lot of deer with it. I still pack it once a season for sentimental reasons.
peak98

Originally Posted by L_Savage99
Thank you Sweets! It was advertised like new never fired. I thought I looked it over good but when I got home I noticed it. I was able to pick this one up and a 870 wingmaster in 12ga that was also like new never fired for a fair price.
8 732 more...
Re: Who makes the best 7mm Rem Mag brass? JGRaider 04/22/24
I've been using older lots of Nosler brass, and never had a problem of any kind with longevity, or accuracy in my hunting loads. Same goes for the Chargemaster that some folks on the 'fire love to hate.
39 5,030 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Marlin 338 MXLR peaceman 04/22/24
only two types of ammo was made for this rifle, Remington 250 grain round nose and the 200 grain Hornady FTX flex tip. Hard to find the Remington but the hornady shot very well in these rifles.
13 1,282 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? Teal 04/22/24
Originally Posted by djb
With a silencer, yes. A quick pull through with a bore snake will keep you rifle extracting.

The idea of a bore snake breaking 1/2 through a 22 RF barrel would keep me up at night.
35 2,905 more...
IC B3
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/Mule Deer pavementends 04/22/24
can we assume the "Patient Marine Officer" mode bears no resemblance to the "Marine Gunny" YOU DID WHAT mode?
20 3,115 more...
Re: Battery Qustion? RUM7 04/22/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I know blowing a battery up is no fun.
Cause it smells like you had too may of Mema's deviled eggs?
22 1,623 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Who loads tss 410s? borden811 04/22/24
Just email Hal, he’ll get back to you within a day if not quicker with all the data you could possibly want.
3 388 more...
Re: Ruger American Gen 2 djb 04/22/24
My friend just got it. It has the green and black stock with AR style magazine. Pretty sure it was Gen 1.

It shot pretty well but feeding was rough. Another disturbing feeding aspect with my American, was that you could get the bolt to turn down prior to engaging bolt slot in the stock. Found this out while working the bolt briskly. I'm not a fan. The American rimfires are Great though....
30 3,701 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female kolofardos 04/22/24
On my lunch so I didn't have a chance to read many posts but here's my suspicion. Any cop that manhandles a scared teen girl is cowardly. Anyone that wants to bad mouth all cops because of that is an idiot. Jackson Handjob will somehow justify the cop's actions. And finally, I leave a delightful video for Mr. Conrad.

387 27,192 more...
Re: Calf fries JefeMojado 04/22/24
Had them fried once, the other times, they were just tossed on the branding iron furnace top. I think it's simply the novelty of eating them thats inspires guys to yak about how good they are.
To me, they were like tilapia are to real fish, they taste like what the are cooked with or seasoned with, a big nothing?
49 3,333 more...
Re: Remember the kid with the flag on his truck? MAC 04/22/24
''Merica still means something to a lot of people!
34 3,460 more...
Re: MEC charge bars F/S schell 04/22/24
I will take these email ([email protected]) for details
2 308 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Need info on my 15x Unertl Scope Son_of_the_Gael 04/22/24
Nick Stroebel's book indicates that the Ultra Varmint was introduced in 1953 & in 1958 was offered in 8, 10 & 12x; all 24" in length. No info on date of discontinuation. My guess would be your 15x was made after that. Stroebel's book is a wealth of information, but often spotty.

RAS, finding a pre-64 Swift sounds like a plan to me.
10 950 more...
Re: So what happens after Trump goes to Prison ? Dons99 04/22/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If we were true patriots, we'd do more than talk.
Some will but they sure as h-ell ain't gonna talk about it here.
100 6,652 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone shoot 6.5x55 AI? 260Remguy 04/22/24
Originally Posted by SWGAShooter
Thanks for the suggestions. Rather than selling the CM I am also considering rebarreling or rechambering it. I thought about a 6.5-284 but most everything I read is go the long action route. I wasn’t sure if a 260 AI would be best fitted to a long action for 130-140 grain bullets or that could be a short action alternative.

The 284 and all of the wildcats based on the 284 share a 55mm case length, the same as the 6.5x55. The 6.5-284 has a little more case capacity than the 6.5x55AI and it would be easier to find a reamer and dies.

The 284's 55mm case length causes COAL issues in short actions with a lot of bullets, which is why Winchester only offered 2 bullet weights in their factory ammo, 125 and a deeply seated 150 grain.

I have a Winchester 70 XTR in 6.5-284 that has a rechambered 6.5x55 barrel. It feeds fine and has enough magazine length such that there are zero COAL issues.
6 643 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Redneck 04/22/24
I think we need the "ignition of unrest"... Every single sob who worked for this POS Biden needs to be FIRED on day one and told to find honest work in the trades or similar..
112 5,228 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Riverc 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Mr. Trump, in order to accomplish anything, will need a60-40 majority in the senate and at least 30 maga majority in the house. Given this is near impossible Trump must immediately resind all the executive orders issued by Biden, that and through his own executive orders , begin building the border wall, deport millions of illegals, reinstate hiis former border pollices, drill baby drill on public lands and off shore, permit keystone pipeline, fire every gov’t employee on the top floor of all the fed agencies, beginning with DOJ, CIA, FBI , and pentagon. Issue exc. orders removing all DEI policy’s from gov’t agencies to included the military. Do a much better job of choosing his staff and advisors , eliminate from consideration any of those who haven’t had extensive and proven free enterprise free market private sector experience. Issue pardons for all the Jan 6 convicted so called insurrectionist, and maybe most importantly appoint, to the entire justice system agency heads individuals with proven strong constitutional principles believes , In other words originals not the type who believe the constitution is a living document that can be interpreted according to some popular humanistic view. Order head of DOJ head to begin criminal proceedings against those enimies of the state, like Garland and all those repeatedly lied to congress, under oath. Sanction the hell out of CCP for releasing COVID on the world and charge [bleep] and his cohorts for perjury and falsification of gov’t agency documents covering illegal use of agency funds producing a Geneva convention prohibited biological agent(COVID-19).
Reward those who stuck with him through thick and thin with good high level positions in govt, they exhibited good judgment and loyalty that deserves reward and recognition , to say nothing about they will serve the country well.
Agree,sounds good enough for me but can he accomplish that.
112 5,228 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? djb 04/22/24
With a silencer, yes. A quick pull through with a bore snake will keep you rifle extracting.
35 2,905 more...
Re: for sale or trade ----------- various powders. SE Michigan CJC73 04/22/24
anyone
6 814 more...
Page 297 of 593 1 2 295 296 297 298 299 592 593
AX24

555 members (222Sako, 16gage, 06hunter59, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.