24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Futura 04/22/24
Bet the Jews and Muslims are not thrilled to have genetically modified soybean plants making pork proteins. Except the ones selling the stuff I guess.
10 912 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: 742 woodmaster peak98 04/22/24
Two fine Remingtons you’ve got there, congratulations. What caliber is the 742? I have my father’s 1969 model 742 in 30-06. He and I have killed a lot of deer with it. I still pack it once a season for sentimental reasons.
peak98

Originally Posted by L_Savage99
Thank you Sweets! It was advertised like new never fired. I thought I looked it over good but when I got home I noticed it. I was able to pick this one up and a 870 wingmaster in 12ga that was also like new never fired for a fair price.
8 738 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Who makes the best 7mm Rem Mag brass? JGRaider 04/22/24
I've been using older lots of Nosler brass, and never had a problem of any kind with longevity, or accuracy in my hunting loads. Same goes for the Chargemaster that some folks on the 'fire love to hate.
39 5,039 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Marlin 338 MXLR peaceman 04/22/24
only two types of ammo was made for this rifle, Remington 250 grain round nose and the 200 grain Hornady FTX flex tip. Hard to find the Remington but the hornady shot very well in these rifles.
13 1,289 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? Teal 04/22/24
Originally Posted by djb
With a silencer, yes. A quick pull through with a bore snake will keep you rifle extracting.

The idea of a bore snake breaking 1/2 through a 22 RF barrel would keep me up at night.
35 2,927 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/Mule Deer pavementends 04/22/24
can we assume the "Patient Marine Officer" mode bears no resemblance to the "Marine Gunny" YOU DID WHAT mode?
20 3,124 more...
Re: Battery Qustion? RUM7 04/22/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I know blowing a battery up is no fun.
Cause it smells like you had too may of Mema's deviled eggs?
22 1,629 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Who loads tss 410s? borden811 04/22/24
Just email Hal, he’ll get back to you within a day if not quicker with all the data you could possibly want.
3 389 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger American Gen 2 djb 04/22/24
My friend just got it. It has the green and black stock with AR style magazine. Pretty sure it was Gen 1.

It shot pretty well but feeding was rough. Another disturbing feeding aspect with my American, was that you could get the bolt to turn down prior to engaging bolt slot in the stock. Found this out while working the bolt briskly. I'm not a fan. The American rimfires are Great though....
30 3,727 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female kolofardos 04/22/24
On my lunch so I didn't have a chance to read many posts but here's my suspicion. Any cop that manhandles a scared teen girl is cowardly. Anyone that wants to bad mouth all cops because of that is an idiot. Jackson Handjob will somehow justify the cop's actions. And finally, I leave a delightful video for Mr. Conrad.

387 27,224 more...
IC B3
Re: Calf fries JefeMojado 04/22/24
Had them fried once, the other times, they were just tossed on the branding iron furnace top. I think it's simply the novelty of eating them thats inspires guys to yak about how good they are.
To me, they were like tilapia are to real fish, they taste like what the are cooked with or seasoned with, a big nothing?
49 3,343 more...
Re: Remember the kid with the flag on his truck? MAC 04/22/24
''Merica still means something to a lot of people!
34 3,475 more...
Re: MEC charge bars F/S schell 04/22/24
I will take these email ([email protected]) for details
2 314 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Need info on my 15x Unertl Scope Son_of_the_Gael 04/22/24
Nick Stroebel's book indicates that the Ultra Varmint was introduced in 1953 & in 1958 was offered in 8, 10 & 12x; all 24" in length. No info on date of discontinuation. My guess would be your 15x was made after that. Stroebel's book is a wealth of information, but often spotty.

RAS, finding a pre-64 Swift sounds like a plan to me.
10 963 more...
Re: So what happens after Trump goes to Prison ? Dons99 04/22/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If we were true patriots, we'd do more than talk.
Some will but they sure as h-ell ain't gonna talk about it here.
100 6,707 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone shoot 6.5x55 AI? 260Remguy 04/22/24
Originally Posted by SWGAShooter
Thanks for the suggestions. Rather than selling the CM I am also considering rebarreling or rechambering it. I thought about a 6.5-284 but most everything I read is go the long action route. I wasn’t sure if a 260 AI would be best fitted to a long action for 130-140 grain bullets or that could be a short action alternative.

The 284 and all of the wildcats based on the 284 share a 55mm case length, the same as the 6.5x55. The 6.5-284 has a little more case capacity than the 6.5x55AI and it would be easier to find a reamer and dies.

The 284's 55mm case length causes COAL issues in short actions with a lot of bullets, which is why Winchester only offered 2 bullet weights in their factory ammo, 125 and a deeply seated 150 grain.

I have a Winchester 70 XTR in 6.5-284 that has a rechambered 6.5x55 barrel. It feeds fine and has enough magazine length such that there are zero COAL issues.
6 651 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Redneck 04/22/24
I think we need the "ignition of unrest"... Every single sob who worked for this POS Biden needs to be FIRED on day one and told to find honest work in the trades or similar..
112 5,288 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Riverc 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Mr. Trump, in order to accomplish anything, will need a60-40 majority in the senate and at least 30 maga majority in the house. Given this is near impossible Trump must immediately resind all the executive orders issued by Biden, that and through his own executive orders , begin building the border wall, deport millions of illegals, reinstate hiis former border pollices, drill baby drill on public lands and off shore, permit keystone pipeline, fire every gov’t employee on the top floor of all the fed agencies, beginning with DOJ, CIA, FBI , and pentagon. Issue exc. orders removing all DEI policy’s from gov’t agencies to included the military. Do a much better job of choosing his staff and advisors , eliminate from consideration any of those who haven’t had extensive and proven free enterprise free market private sector experience. Issue pardons for all the Jan 6 convicted so called insurrectionist, and maybe most importantly appoint, to the entire justice system agency heads individuals with proven strong constitutional principles believes , In other words originals not the type who believe the constitution is a living document that can be interpreted according to some popular humanistic view. Order head of DOJ head to begin criminal proceedings against those enimies of the state, like Garland and all those repeatedly lied to congress, under oath. Sanction the hell out of CCP for releasing COVID on the world and charge [bleep] and his cohorts for perjury and falsification of gov’t agency documents covering illegal use of agency funds producing a Geneva convention prohibited biological agent(COVID-19).
Reward those who stuck with him through thick and thin with good high level positions in govt, they exhibited good judgment and loyalty that deserves reward and recognition , to say nothing about they will serve the country well.
Agree,sounds good enough for me but can he accomplish that.
112 5,288 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? djb 04/22/24
With a silencer, yes. A quick pull through with a bore snake will keep you rifle extracting.
35 2,927 more...
Re: for sale or trade ----------- various powders. SE Michigan CJC73 04/22/24
anyone
6 814 more...
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Diggerman 04/22/24
Soylent green?
10 912 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves CCCC 04/22/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rickt300
I think it will have to be the removal and replacement of Wray and the CIA director Burns and Garland. Then the arrests of all who worked to suppress political speech on social media. DHS would face similar actions, CISA also. Since Trump would have to use the DOJ to pull off much of this, none of whom have shown the slightest hint of integrity I don't see it happening. His first four years were interfered with to an incredible degree, I see this happening again. For this single reason I don't see the election of Trump as anything but the ignition of unrest.

Anyone with a more positive view? Care to share it?

The Election is for President, not Grand Emperor King and Dictator for Life.
Yes, President - and the needed correction of accrued negative drift and corruption is the JOB of the President. The noted work does not at all signify a role as "Grand Emperor King and Dictator for Life."

If the President can get it right during the upcoming 4 year term, those next elected should be held accountable for sustenance of a democratic republic based on Constitutional values and precepts. No Emperor needed - just the vigilance and sensible voting of the citizenry.
112 5,288 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? T_O_M 04/22/24
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
I don't know if I shoot well enough (mostly handguns) to tell much but what do you guys think?

I have a couple .22s I shoot quite a bit, a couple I shoot seldom. For the ones I shoot seldom I like to clean them pretty well before putting them away. Guns I shoot frequently .. no. A couple times a year maybe, maybe not even that. Basically clean them if the dirt seems to affect function. Also clean them .. or at least wipe the carbon, etc off the muzzle before sticking them in a gun rug for transport.
35 2,927 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: A deer Hunting Tale LundyLundy 04/22/24
What a great memory to share with us here. Well written, great message with excellent details.

I should start keeping a journal myself but can only hope to come anywhere near your literary skills.

Thank you for sharing.
23 3,762 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? Dogslife57 04/22/24
Yes, just to take care of it like all the others. Otherwise they feel neglected.
35 2,927 more...
Page 311 of 590 1 2 309 310 311 312 313 589 590
AX24

603 members (11point, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.