Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Krag ammunition question Craigster 05/06/24
They're calling this a bandoleer :

https://www.jessensrelics.com/USFG/USFG-196.html
4 515 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The bullets I've used to shoot big game bowmanh 05/06/24
I've probably forgotten some of the bullets I used long ago, but here's a list of most of the bullet types I've used:

Remington Core-lokt
Winchester Power Point
Winchester Silvertip
Hornady Interlock
Hornady BTSP
Hornady DGS
Federal Hi-Shok
Swift Sirocco
Speer Hot Core
Sierra Pro Hunter
Sierra Game King
Barnes TSX
Barnes TTSX
Barnes LRX
Nosler Accubond
Nosler Partition
Nosler Ballistic Tip
21 2,017 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Selling a firearm in Biden's [bleep] show USA WMR 05/06/24
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by WMR
You’ll be fine. Probably. 🫤

If you buy and sell guns to make money, then you may run afoul of BATFE’s more stringent interpretation of the law. If you’re selling one of your own personally used guns, then you will be fine. And yes, USPS still ships long guns from individuals to FFL dealers.

Selling to a MI CPL holder is still very easy. Just download and fill out the state transfer form.

I am going to sell a pre-war model 70 in 300 H&H. I bought it in around 1990 or so. I am hoping it is worth more today than 35 years ago. Does thatmean I need to jump through BATF's hoops now for a 85 year old rifle?

1. I am not an attorney

2. With #1 understood: you will be fine. You still must ship it to a FFL and follow the laws of your state. Federal law specifically allows for the liquidation of a person’s own firearm collection.
25 2,105 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
WTS Leupold VX3i LRP 6.5-20x50 TMR FFP omt223 05/06/24
Mil/Mil FFP optic, great glass. Mount is not included but the caps pictured are. Very little use. Excellent scope tracks well.
750.00 shipped CONUS; feel free to make an offer if you want
Located in south Alabama

I realize I havent used this forum much; happy to provide pics, facetime call, whatever.

https://imgur.com/h0cYKHv
5 478 more...
Re: Camper repair question Direct_Drive 05/06/24
'
The blue tarp most likely indicates that it's leaking.
If water is getting into that side panel, combined with the hot sun (read blister) could be causing the delamination just like a paint blister on a house.
Saving it depends on the overall condition of the camp trailer.

A pattern of stainless steel fender washers and screws might be enough to hold down the blister if the wood underneath is not rotted.
On the cheap. use plated washers.
Paint the screw heads and washers first.
Put them in a straight pattern evenly spaced so they look like they belong there, not in a random pattern.

Call R-Pod, try to get a shop foreman and ask about how they do their wall construction.
How would they fix an exterior blister ?
Wood studs, steel suds ?
How long of a screw can I use ?
Etc, etc.
44 2,909 more...
Re: Pro-Palestinian protesters are backed by a surprising source: Biden's biggest donors Ben_Lurkin 05/06/24
Crackpad, How about you go on over there and help out your Hamas brothers. You’ll soon find yourself held hostage, raped, beaten to a bloody pulp and if you’re still alive, ransomed for being an American. Go for it. The rights you think they’re fighting for they routinely deny to anyone and everyone else. What a tool!

45-100, I think you are right. Crackpad is a paid disrupter.
48 3,530 more...
Re: Prostate Cancer. mark shubert 05/06/24
Prayers from here, wabi!
BEAT this thing!
96 8,177 more...
Re: Selling a firearm in Biden's [bleep] show USA WMR 05/06/24
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Originally Posted by WMR
You’ll be fine. Probably. 🫤

If you buy and sell guns to make money, then you may run afoul of BATFE’s more stringent interpretation of the law. If you’re selling one of your own personally used guns, then you will be fine. And yes, USPS still ships long guns from individuals to FFL dealers.

Just selling a semi-custom I don't use anymore.

Key words... Rem 700, PacNor, McMillian wink whistle

You’ll be fine. No, wait! Umm, that sounds very risky. I’d be willing to take it off your hands. Won’t even cost you much! 😏
25 2,105 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Decent Gunbroker buy Troutnut 05/06/24
Originally Posted by coryj
Good buy and my favorite barrel length. Have that length in 44mag and 45 colt.
They're probably the best barrel length to actually carry around and 357 properly loaded will handle anything in our area
7 880 more...
Re: Yeah, Amazon No Longer Has The Best Prices GeoW 05/06/24
I'd rather have Amazon deliver than to go all over town searching and comparing just to save a few bucks.
Time, gas, vehicle wear is worth a little.
24 2,817 more...
IC B3
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Barnes 30 cal 150 TTSX elkcountry 05/06/24
Use them for my main bullet in a 30-06 with 24” barrel using 52gr. IMR-4064 for just over 3kfps. I also like to play with the 130gr and 168gr. TTSX but the 150gr. Goes hunting!

Elk Country
13 1,390 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Post war 99-F Featherweight 250I p, Polecat 05/06/24
10060xx

Lee
24 2,408 more...
Re: Jewish Bolshevik Zelensky crushes Orthodox Easter.... add 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Has nothing to do with Zelensky being a Jew.

Shut up, already.
64 4,517 more...
Re: FS: once fired STS 12ga 500 count Sheepdog306 05/06/24
If they are 8 crimp hulls, I am a definite buyer! Let me know what total with shipping would be! Thanks in advance!
5 591 more...
Re: WTS Ruger New Model Single Six Bisley OSU_Sig 05/06/24
pm sent.
17 1,499 more...
Re: pontoon boat sticker shock RS308MX 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Osky
My favorite nephew just bought a new pontoon, last years model, 22’, single 150hp motor, trailer, paid cash no loan. 71k
Crazy stuff.

Osky

Was he your favorite nephew before he bought the boat?

🙂
51 4,423 more...
Re: For The Cattlemen Here Lorne 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Lorne
Are any of you fellows using garlic salt for your herds? Thoughts?

Osky

A couple I know do and especially with their bulls. Believe it helps keep flys from bothering the bulls as much.

This gets them less dry cows, more bred in the first cycle and better use of their bull buying $$$

I’ve seen their results and it’s hard to argue

Yes there are about a dozen heifers going to the ring soon, too far out of cycle. The thought is bad pink eye in the herds last year.

Preg check results were all over the board in our general area this past fall. Couple years of drought, so probably more nutrition related issues
30 2,771 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot Jeffrey 05/06/24
Originally Posted by Hastings
I would have shot that Biden dog after he bit the second one. I had a Great Pyrenees to guard my goats which he did an admirable job of and he would herd them to their shed about sunset every day. Then one day he made a run at my wife's young nephew with teeth bared. I gave him that one since the kid was a stranger and the goats were in the yard. Then chickens turned up missing. Then I found him chewing on a squeaking animal in the weeds which turned out to be a chicken. When I hollered at him he bared his teeth and made a run at me which I fended off with a stick. I went inside and sat down for about 30 or 40 minutes so I wouldn't kill him when I was mad. After that length of time I picked up my daughter's .243 and shot him. I wasn't about to give him to someone else to maul or kill a child.

That’s the right call IMO. The thing that will screw her here is that it was a GSP (not regarded as a particularly dangerous dog like a Great Pyrenees could be) and also it was still a young dog. That’s going to be a showstopper for a lot of people. But maybe not in SD.
83 6,041 more...
Re: Kristi Noem Doubles Down - Suggests Biden's Dog Should Be Shot Idaho_Shooter 05/06/24
Again, She ain't wrong!

Too bad common sense is such a rarity today.
83 6,041 more...
Re: Pro-Palestinian protesters are backed by a surprising source: Biden's biggest donors 45_100 05/06/24
I have read there are people who get paid to post ridiculous stuff on selected websites in order to elicit responses. Then they get paid for each reply to their ridiculous posts. May or may not be true.
48 3,530 more...
Re: Is it Time To Send The Military Into Mexico.... PJGunner 05/06/24
"If you think the politicians that get money from the cartels is going to give it up without a hell of a fight you ain't thinking."

Of course you're thinking our politicians, right? Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
PJ
59 3,977 more...
Re: WTS Ruger New Model Single Six Bisley OlRufus 05/06/24
Originally Posted by kenster99
Trades ?

None thanks.
17 1,499 more...
Re: Prostate Cancer. add 05/06/24
Based on the OP,

Can't believe she is still among the walking.
96 8,177 more...
Re: Wtb 20tactical HalH 05/06/24
Rainier

Is the Sako 461 long enough for the .20 Tac?

Hal
9 631 more...
Re: Prostate Cancer. slumlord 05/06/24
Cheetos are loaded with graphene, they pick up 5 G phone signals.

-dr m mercola
96 8,177 more...
Page 366 of 592 1 2 364 365 366 367 368 591 592
AX24

541 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,114
Posts18,502,322
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.