Bump
5 367 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
MEME. 12344mag 04/21/24
M
0 84 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Battery Post "Grease" Chisos 04/21/24
In the old days, we used aviation Permatex making sure where the post met the case was covered. NOCO now days for the win...
36 2,956 more...
IC B2
Re: I bet they wished they owned a pitbull ol_mike 04/21/24
If/When the economy collapses -they- had better stay out of sight.

Black folks should volunteer to take care of all of their dirtbags, but they won't.
21 2,055 more...
Re: Book Recommendation: Nuclear War: A Scenario simonkenton7 04/21/24
I am under the impression that a single nuke over the central United States would knock out electronics for the entire country.
12 815 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Opinions on a gun trade Live2hunt941 04/21/24
Jmr40 Agreed I have 3 a bolts (medallion stainless stalker and a synthetic stalker in 300 wsm and a custom heavy barrel on a 700 action I love the caliber) but after this I’m gonna hold on to this 375
23 1,988 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The Elmer Fudd Society arises from the ‘Fire! Farmall140 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 240NMC
Originally Posted by Farmall140
I found a box of 200 gr round nose partitions in a box of reloading stuff I was given. Can I use those out of my JC Higgins 50 for this? The Higgins has a compass in the stock for added guidance

sounds like you have an early 6.5 CM prototype before they integrated the compass into the bullet for self guided accuracy!
Ya reckon the compass in the stock spoke to the bullet?

And the military is only now thinking about that kinda technology. Seems he musta had it all along.

Fudds rule. Others need to catch up. Or try.

DF

Between the compass and the fake ivory diamonds in the stock no game stands a chance. It was my crop damage rifle for a while, it's killed a pile of game. Just what one would expect from a Sears and Roebuck Wally Tabor edition.
271 36,318 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Vertically split Ruger No. 1 case Colored rings for sale... eddiel4 04/21/24
TTT...
1 302 more...
Re: Catfish Bait RHClark 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Hastings
Blue and channel cat can be caught on chunks of cut up fish or small shad. The cat that everyone seems to want is the flathead or Opelousas cat and only bites live bait. Little bluegill bream or goggle eye are the best live bait and are easily caught. Goldfish will work but expensive if you are baiting 100 hooks. I'm talking about trotline bait, not rod and reel.

I've caught more than a dozen flatheads between 40 and 70 lbs. on skip jack fillet chunks. I have never caught one on live bait but know several who have.
55 3,228 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: "Brush pants" Flashdog 04/21/24
For moderate brush and briers Carhartt heavy work pants are suitable and come in olive drab.
17 1,685 more...
IC B3
Boomers and Gen Z BOBBALEE 04/21/24
[video:youtube]https://fb.watch/rAODtdUbiM/[/video]
11 992 more...
Re: eaten by cannibals that would be a bad way to go Birdwatcher 04/21/24
In Africa the schools food supply was seasonally dry corn stored still on the husk, a guy with a hand-pump sprayer would spray it with DDT to keep down the insects (I dunno what they did about rodents).

Persistence and bioaccumulation are things, 40 years later I most likely carry a bunch to pass on.

Anyways, IIRC kuru, mad human disease, sort of like our own CWD, was still common in New Guinea at the time of WWII.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
34 2,865 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought Dons99 04/21/24
If you have a bug problem you may want to wait a little longer in case they get your best plant you'll still have something to fall back on.
34 2,200 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! 12344mag 04/21/24
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by local_dirt
At least he's not schitting his diaper, like biden.

That’s exactly what he is doing.

LOL

Biden is schitting his diaper, yes.
71 5,445 more...
Re: Kuiu Mountain Star Tent afisher 04/21/24
Taking this per our pm’s
14 1,259 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought Riverc 04/21/24
Keep the strongest looking one and tip off the others at dirt level.
34 2,200 more...
Re: NIB 1983 El Paso Weaver 50th anniversary K-4 Micro-trac scope FS flintlocke 04/21/24
For some reason...this nostalgic scope, and the story behind the plant closure...is emblematic of our decline...makes me sad for the America we lost along the way.
21 1,933 more...
Re: Woman scams over 1 million from online boyfriend kenjs1 04/21/24
Dad was sharp and loved exploring newer technologies but still needed me (I have worked in IT for 30+ years) to fix or set things up. I got things working 100% of the time for him including a printer he said wouldn't work. . I installed new drivers and voila- working like a champ. Few weeks later he calls upset saying Microsoft called him saying he had a virus etc.. I said- uhh Dad, his guy have an accent? He then said they told him I installed his printer wrong ...so he was mad at me because weeks later, while surfing somewhere he shouldn't have been- he got that cheesy virus alert.

When my wife was updating her antivirus it failed and I came downstairs to see someone remote controlling her pc. No reason for that or for them to be in the directories they were in. I turned it off immediately while the accented rep on the phone was screaming at me.

For all here - Restore Points are the best friend a Windows user can have. ( Linux users to ID themselves in 3...2...)

I HATE THIEVES
39 3,734 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
Thanks. Makes sense. I will do that.
34 2,200 more...
Re: WTS - 270 bullets Bode 04/21/24
I'll take the 140s and 150s
2 425 more...
Re: Battery Post "Grease" 260Remguy 04/21/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What are those felt washers I see on the battery posts?

I don't what they are soaked with, but they work for awhile. Green on the negative and red on the positive. They are large enough such that even someone who is clueless might manage to get the jumper cables hooked to the correct terminal.
36 2,956 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought Dons99 04/21/24
I may not wait for first leaf but when I see one clearly better than others I clip. When I've left them close together it's stunted their growth.
34 2,200 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) PaulBarnard 04/21/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by himmelrr
I told the seller it was a fake. He said he would verify SN with Zeiss, otherwise he said the listing is staying up.

The seller ended it.

He ended it right after I sent him a message.

"You have been told by a number of people that the scope is a fake. If you cared to exercise diligence, it'd be easy for you to see. By continuing to list the item you are engaging in fraud, and defrauding someone for that amount of money may rise to the level of a felony."
16 2,589 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Scouting the Bighorns BigPine 04/21/24
Planning a trip in June to do some fishing and scouting for places to camp and hunt elk archery in the future. We have been going to Colorado for a long time but I think it’s time for new country. The Bighorn mountains interest me , so right or wrong , I’ll go have a look and get some fishing in too.
I plan on camping and going into Sheridan , Buffalo etc. for a steak and check some of the history. Anyone familiar with a place or places you can stop in and pay for a shower in the general area. I have some points in Wyoming for elk and deer and so do my sons, who knows what point creep will do . I’ll be 60 (damn) in a week.
14 1,537 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Opening Day Oklahoma Tom MartinStrummer 04/21/24
So, is that a Merriams? Tail tips look pretty light.
Maybe a Rio/Merriam's cross?
Apparently, the "pox" didn't hit as hard up there as it did down here.
It nearly wiped the slate clean down here.

I didn't start keeping a journal until I was about your age. It's still worth it!
22 1,557 more...
Page 403 of 597 1 2 401 402 403 404 405 596 597
AX24

94 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.