-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Kimber “Montana” 6.5 Creedmoor pka45 Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Up
20 3,876 more...
Hunting Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: Training program for new lab puppy BlueDoe Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Great discussion! I am awaiting the pending adoption of a rescue English Setter, and have been reviewing my dog book shelf. She will not hunt because we are pretty much past doing it ourselves. Regarding treat-training, a book titled Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson had a lot to say about it. To build rapport initially treat training can accelerate learning, then it also gives you something tangible to "take away" by not giving treat when the desired response is faulty. A sort of reprimand w/o yelling etc. Donaldson recommends a phrase such as "Ohhh, Too Bad!" when not giving the reward. When desired responses are getting consistent, try graduallly skipping reward treats and phasing them out. Keep up the praise though! This is regarding basic obedience especially Recall, to my way of thinking the most important command. I also have several of Wolter's books, well worth reading if you can separate out some of the dated information.
12 2,271 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: A little Chrono info on 22 Creed a Hammer HHT 68 earlybrd Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Nice👍
3 421 more...
IC B2
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Eileen's throwing another riflesandrecipes book sale... Mule Deer Yesterday at 06:18 PM
All Barsness and Clarke handloading and game care and cooking books are 30% off. You have to use the coupon code---Sale--to get the discount. (Then click on Apply Discount.) Yes, even the Nosler and Berger manuals.

You can order from www.riflesandrecipes.com, or call/email Eileen at 406-521-0273/riflesandrecipesgmail.com

With apologies, we are unable to add RLN: The Second Five Years to the sale, as there are only a handful of copies left.
0 161 more...
For Sale-65mm ATX Swaro SOC stay on case T_Inman Yesterday at 06:11 PM
For sale: 2 piece stay on case for 65mm Swaro ATX spotting scope. Contains the objective module, eyepiece module and carry strap, in original boxes. Used somewhat, but in nearly new shape.

$225 USD, shipped. I believe these are $300 new.
PayPal, personal check, Venmo, blood and urine, pics of the wife, whatever….

Any questions, please ask.
First unconditional and public “I’ll take it”, wins.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My uneducated ass can’t get the pics to rotate. Deal with it.
0 71 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: u notch versus square notch rear sights? TheLastLemming76 Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Houser52
I shot and competed in IDPA for years using WOL square notch rears and FO front. The last few carry pistols I’ve set up using all black U notch rear and Ameriglo front. Seems like I can pick that combo much better.

That’s my preference for a combat pistol also. I think of it as being to combat pistol sights what express sights are to dangerous game rifles. Simple and designed to help guide the eye to quickly “throw on target.”
24 2,214 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Disney to Remake 101 Dalmatians - Mr_TooDogs Yesterday at 05:59 PM
I hope a remake of Tarzan The Ape Man is in the works.

#NeverHappen
3 485 more...
Ransom Rest and Accessories jgraham1 Yesterday at 05:58 PM
I have for sale, in excellent condition and like new, a Ranson Rest with accessories. Selling this as all one unit and the buyer can sell off what they may not want or need. There are 22 inserts with this unit and it would cost over $2500 to buy everything now. Selling for $1600 shipped. No trades or electronic payment. Check or MO and Lay-A-Way is available. Contact me with any questions. Sorry for the dust in the pictures. Thanks.

Jerry

This includes:
Ranson Rest Master Series
Windage Base Master Series
Custom Plastic Base
45 ACP Insert
Browning High Power Insert
CZ75/85 Insert
Glock 17/22 Insert
Glock 19/23 Insert
Glock 26/27 Insert
Ruger 22 Auto Insert
Ruger Bisley Insert
Ruger Blackhawk Insert
Ruger Redhawk Insert
Ruger Security Six 151 Insert
Ruger SP101 Insert
Ruger Super Blackhawk Insert
Ruger Super Redhawk Insert
S&W 41 Insert
S&W J RB Insert
S&W J SB Insert
S&W K/L RB Insert
S&W K/L SB Insert
S&W N RB Insert
S&W N SB Insert
Walther PPK Insert

0 171 more...
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: Docbill Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Thank you for the answer sir. The reference point is important. Given everything, my .45 load appears to be adequate at least for the targets I am likely to encounter.

Now all I need to do is acquire your calm under stress and muscle memory. That will be a tall order.

BB
85 13,678 more...
FS: Barrett Fieldcraft in 30'06 Gearguywb Yesterday at 05:48 PM
I am new on this forum but please check out my feedback on Snipers Hide, Long Range Hunting, Rockslide, Ebay, all with the same user name.

This is a catch and release. Very nice gun, in great shape.

As I started looking through what I have stashed away it just doesn't make sense to hang onto it.

FC in 30'06 (24") with Leupold VX3.

asking exactly what I paid for it, $2575 (net). Face to face in KC if you are a KS resident.

The only trades I would have any interest in would be:
Leupold VX6 1-6
Ruger RSM
CZ 550 in 375 HH or 416 Rigby

Thanks!
0 299 more...
IC B3
40-70 Sharps Brass new Buffalo Arms Brass ChanceD Yesterday at 05:40 PM
40-70 Sharps....Read it again...40-70 new brass sold by Buffalo Arms. 50 pieces of brand new 40-70 Sharps brass. Asking $100.00 or best offer + $8.00 shipping. I'll take a check, money order, pay pal ff, Venmo, cash App, all kinds of payments.

Thanks for looking,
Chance
0 135 more...
Re: Swarovski SLC 8X30 WB Binoculars shrapnel Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Again
3 518 more...
Re: Heckler And Koch P7 M8 9mm Squeeze Cocker shrapnel Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Up
3 465 more...
Re: Good article on Townsend Whelen comerade Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Good stuff, I did this too.
After reading about Townie's Northern BC exploits, I made a 1 month long solo sheep hunt in the early 80's
Much of the Alaska highway was unpaved, Ft Nelson was pretty rough then .
Stone Sheep were plentiful once a hunter was a days distance from Alaska Highway.
I returned later on with other hunter and worked for an Outfitter one season.
Yeah, a horseman needs to know knots and rigging.
A one man diamond hitch, a box hitch, a bowline, are the minimum to get by. We use Sawbuck packsaddles, even today
Some horseshoeing ability is a must, the fronts on the pack horses can be a #4. Draft cross types.
I still wear wool, it is essential...topped with a felt hat.
Don't forget the 30/06.
12 1,180 more...
Re: leupold 4.5-14x50 mk4 ART Ridge250 Yesterday at 05:31 PM
1 left
8 751 more...
Re: Swarovski 12x50 binos Ridge250 Yesterday at 05:31 PM
Obo
3 608 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Good hunt this morning in Maryland jc189 Yesterday at 05:24 PM
Congrats, nice hunt.
3 107 more...
Re: Kuiu Sleeping Bag, Zero Degrees, Brand NEW packerinalaska Yesterday at 05:22 PM
$475 shipped
13 1,342 more...
Re: Serious overcrowding. DigitalDan Yesterday at 05:22 PM
Maybe the locals have better ideas for use of a limited ammo supply?
2 356 more...
Need to save more? How about 30% off at riflesandrecipes.com Leenie3freezers Yesterday at 05:20 PM
All Barsness and Clarke handloading and game care and cooking books are 30% off. But you've got to use the coupon code---Sale--to get the discount. (Then click on Apply Discount.) Yes, even the Nosler and Berger manuals.

Click Here to Order or call/email Eileen at 406-521-0273/[email protected]

With apologies, we are unable to add RLN: The Second Five Years to the sale, we only have a handful of copies left.
0 88 more...
Re: Marlin/Ruger 45-70 SBL lever 1895 stainless Westslope406 Yesterday at 05:16 PM
Not available anymore
8 1,253 more...
Re: The Left Will Never... Jim_Conrad Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Anything the left accomplishes is with the blessing of 80% of the so called right.

Voting for Sheehy?
130 6,081 more...
Re: SWFA SS 12X42 Mil Quad Couesdeer Yesterday at 05:12 PM
BTT
6 593 more...
Re: Leupold 25x50 Gold Ring Spotting Scope W Tripod hunthard Yesterday at 05:03 PM
$310 shipped
8 706 more...
Re: New Nikon A-series rings F/S rmb721 Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Bump.
2 190 more...
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
AX24

479 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.