Well, for about a year now I have been fighting my Alaskan to shoot the 225 PT. Really like the bullet a ton, and it does well, most of the time, but I kept getting a random flier out of a group. Thought it was the bedding, redid that.. Still shows up. SOOOO, I loaded up some of my old loads with the 200 AB, 76.5 grains of RL19, CCI250's and WW cases, I haven't shot any of them since I put the McMillan on the rifle.. I shot the first three, no bug hole sorta group, but seemed consistent, well I let the rifle cool down and shot three more.

[Linked Image]

All of them clustered around the same POI and I thought to myself, there ain't nothing wrong with the rifle. I know the PT's will shoot, but I think I need to rework them a little. Might try a 225 Swift and see what happens with it.

I had a couple of the 200's leftover, I was hot, tired and ready to get home, but I decided to sling up over my pack and see what they did at 200..

[Linked Image]

Hmmm, sometimes I wonder why I fight myself so much.. :lol:

It's not like the 200 grain load is anemic, it runs them out around 3050 and I am sure no elk could tell the difference. Either way, when your rifle tells you it wants something, my best advice is to listen.. :mrgreen:

Semper Fi