Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'm wondering if winpoor is going to give us a range report on his new 338?????

Ive got to make a run to Bass Pro for a set of Leupold DD's, and 30 mm rings, Ive found a Leupold 4.5X 14 x 40 MM LR scope with the side focus AO and varmint hunter reticule. Im thinking with these 230 gr fail safe ammo it will be the cats meow. Im still on the hunt for and Echolds legend stock and someone to inlet it for me. I have every pre 64 I will ever need now, so Im working on moving about 40 post and pre 64's that I have 2 of. Unless its a deal thats just to good to pass on Im done buying. I cannot wait to get my pre war 22 hornet target, and 257 BOB Varminter ( it started life as a target) home from my FFL ,gunsmith. I have my first grandson, and a favorite nephew to teach what I know of hunting,shooting and Winchesters to now. My nephew just won his shooting merit badge and amazed the folks working with him on his gun hold ,breathing and trigger control, he told them 'Uncle Steve' taught him that years ago, the fellow is 12 now! One more merit badge and he is an Eagle !! Im very happy. very best WinPoor