Scotty, sometimes I wonder if you, me and Dewey are the only ones that like/love the 338 win mag. I think RGK and Razz and maybe GSPfan may have one as well, but they don't talk about theirs much. When I go elk hunting, that's the only rifle/cartridge on my mind (besides my old trusty 06). I also don't think winpoor has shot his 338 yet, unless I missed his range report on that particular rifle. I'm like EricM and waiting to see what his new 338 is going to look like. I already know first hand that it is a shooter. It didn't seem to be finicky either. That rifle was very nicely pillar bedded though so it was extremely consistent, but never shot as well as the '51 30-06 I sold to him. Funny thing was that it reminded me so much of the '51, that I kept expecting it to shoot bug hole groups. I don't think I ever got a nice cloverleaf group with that rifle, but it averaged about 1 1/4 moa. 3 shot groups. We'll see if Mr. Gene Simillion can work his magic on that rifle with that beautiful Echols legend. I can't wait to see it!!!

beretzs, I know your rifle is a terrific shooter. I've seen your targets on the internet and they led me to the Nosler forum a time or 2. If I remember correctly, it really liked the 210 partition and 200 accubond. I'm wondering what it would shoot like with a stiff load like Kutenay suggested (250gr. nosler partition)?? Mine have always loved 250gr. sierra gamekings and they do work well on elk. BC's and trajectory of that particular bullet in the 338 win mag isn't too shabby either. Keep us posted on how your rifle performs. Good luck with your elk hunting this year my friend..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA