Originally Posted by RobJordan
We just came from the Park. Enjoyed it immensely. I agree with the advise on the north entrance and the Cooke City--Red Lodge loop. Gorgeous. Be sure and fill your fuel tank outside the park. Gas is dear inside. Every camp site we saw was marked "full" yet traffic was not bad at all. I was quite surprised. The Park did not seem crowded to me. I was expecting worse. Keep your children away from hot pots. Been reading a book on deaths in the park. Kids falling and jumping (adults too) into hot pots has burned and killed a lot of people.

Where abouts in california are you from? My wife and I are driving to Yellowstone mid september. Were in the SF bay area, and plan on taking 4+/- days to get there. we will be in a VW vanagon, hence taking out time getting there. First night will be at antelope lake, near susanville, then from there to SE oregon, idaho and then into yellowstone. We are staying at Grants Village for 4 nights.

Grants Village closes on september 20th, and thats our checkout date. From then, we dont have any set plans. We will most likely head to Glacier NP for 2-3 nights, but if anyone can recommend a better/nicer/more interesting destination im all ears.

Last edited by robertham1; 07/06/15.