I have collected weapons - mainly bladed - most of my life. On top of that I hold a BA in archaeology.

In my minds eye, one does not truly own objects like this rifle, one merely gets to be the custodian of it - for the reward of shooting and hunting with it - for the time one spends here on this Earth.

Most of my rifles and shotguns are pieces like that; 1937 BSW Suhl 16 gauge (the model is known in Denmark as the infamous "Hitler gun" as it was presented, as a reward, to Wehrmacht and SS officers after the BSW factory was taken over, from it's jewish owners, by the nazis - mine was taken from a German officer, by a Danish partizan, after the German surrender in 1945), 1944 Steyer-Daimer-Puch 98K (probably taken from a Latvian SS regiment, by the Russians, on the most eastern of Danish islands; Bornholm - and afterwards stolen from the Russians by Danish partizans), 1968 Ernst Thälmann Suhl 12 gauge (made in the DDR on machines captured after WWII by the Russians) and a 1979 Remington 600 Mohawk (Mannlicher stock) in .243 Win.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...