Danish hunter and gun collector here - I thought I would introduce myself by showing my "new" Marlin.

I have been wanting a Marlin 336 in .30-30 Win for a while - but I was not too keen on a new Remington "remlin", those I have seen has been quite scratched up out of the box and the action and trigger felt stiff and clunky.
Here in Denmark older 336's are not too common - and those who have them are normally not interested in parting with them.

A few weeks ago I paid my old boss at Jagtstuen (a hunting store in Aarhus) a visit - I usually go there when I am looking for uncommon guns. An lo and behold; this is what he had in store for me:

[Linked Image]

I did not recognise the model - but the price was right and I liked the fact that it was a pre-safety version, so I went for it.
Arriving back home a quick google search revealed that it is a 1980 model 336T Texan - apparently a sought after model and (even in the rough condition mine is in) worth a lot more than I paid for it. It is hard to complain about that grin

The rear sight is special, it looks like a standard rear sight with a small piece of metal, with a small hole, inserted between the horns. I have no idea what a sight like that is called, I will post some photos of it asap.

The overall condition of the gun is sound, yet slightly rough - especially the wood. I'll have to get that refinished. I'll propably leave the metal parts alone, aside from cleaning and oiling them.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the gun?

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...