Here she is, taken apart, cleaned and oiled:

[Linked Image]

The amount of rust, both on the inside and outside was manageable. There were a few very small rough spots in the bore, but they have cleaned up nicely (i can see a few tiny tiny pits, mainly because I know where to look). Nothing that should interfere with either safety nor accuracy. The rest of the bore stands very sharp and clean.

Overall the mechanical condition of the rifle is, considering it's age and the fact that it has obviously been shot quite a lot, quite good. I will not have to order any new parts.
The screws looks like they have been screwed (pun intended) by a gorilla with parkinsons (not my doing, I only use dedicated gunsmithing bits), that is a bit sad - I may replace them one day.

Overall I am happy about the gun. Now I just need to get the stock done (I'll pay someone to do that for me ans I do not have the time and working space to do it atm.), assemble everything and mount a Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7x35 (V-Plex). I did try the see-through mount on before disassembling the rifle, as forseen by Doc it doesn't work for me - so I have ordered a Weaver rail and some medium Weaver Lever-Lok rings for it, that way I can still fairly easily get to the iron sights in the field.

Last edited by RedBeardDane; 05/03/15.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...