Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ironic being forced to keep powder/primers in a safe. Here it is advised not to do that due to the contained pressure/bomb effect in a fire. It is interesting to talk to you and learn about cultures that are so similar, but yet different from mine. I enjoy lurking on the Canada and Alaska forums for the same reasons. The things faced by my neighbors and cousins in the far north are interesting and often not forseen.

It gets worse; even black powder has to be kept in a safe - which is ridiculously dangerous!

Originally Posted by Fireball2
All the constraints placed on shooters there would seem to limit your ability to wage war against an oppressive govt. Just a coincidence I'm sure... wink

Things are very different here in Europe, for us weapon ownership has never been a right - always a privilege. But, a privilege that was, never the less, very much less restricted in the past.
We also have a very different traditions as to how much power we allow our government to wield over us - and as to how much responsibility the individual person has to take for him-/herself.
Even though our way of doing things have certain advantages - I, for one, belives that the obvious disadvantages are beginning to heavily outgrow said advantages. Had I the oppertunity to get a job at an outdoor-/gun store in the US, I would pack my bags immediately. I would very much like to experience living and working in the US.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...