WWII is a very dark piece of Danish history - even today some families have substantial emotional scars from the war, especially the families of the relatively large amount of Danish Waffen SS volunteers.
Right after the war an official "this is how it went" story was agreed upon, by the same authorities that colaborated with the Germans - that version of the events is what has been taught to school children ever since. It is only within the last 10 years or so that the true history of Denmark during WWII is emerging, and it is not a nice story at all.

The strategy of having the army stockpiling ammunition in civillian calibers was highly supported by the US as part of the military aid bestowed upon Europe during the cold war. I don't think we paid a lot for these 170 G .30-30 Remington Core-Lokts smile
Atm. the store where I bought mine has a few thousand in stock. I will be picking up a few hundred more next time I pass by. It seems to be the "go-to" cartridge for many .30-30 owners?

Your 39 is a beautiful piece. But I guess that a piece like that is rare, even in the US?

I have even considered a recent production remlin 39A - some of the ones I have seen recently looks fairly good. They are very popular here right now, as is the 1895G in .45/70 Govt.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...