Originally Posted by bwinters
I'm in the market for a 13-1500 cu inch day pack for use when deer hunting. I have an ancient Badlands Monster Fanny (~ 10-1100 cu in), Eberlestock X2 (1800 cu in), and a Badlands SuperDay (2200 cu in). The Badlands is what I've been using for a whitetail day pack but is is jammed full with all my necessary junk plus food and water. 14-1500 cu in or so is absolutely perfect.

I spent several hours at Bass Pro yesterday and tried on BP, Tenzing, and Badlands packs. Really like the Tenzing packs.

Here's my issue: I'm 5'8" and have a 33" inseam which means I have a really short torso ~ 15" from C7 to Illac Crest. I'm actually looking at women's packs but can't quite go the pink trim. My other issue with women's pack is that I have a 43" chest which means most women's packs are a little narrow in the shoulder department.

Any idears?

A little more cu in than 1500, but the Badlands Ultraday is my idea of perfection for a deer hunting day pack. It is 1800 cu in (about the same as your X2) but very light at 3lbs 3oz and compact. Good pockets, etc. The compression straps on it work great for holding extra clothes while you walk in (or bobcats while you walk out). Hypervent helps keep you cooler walking in. I have a short torso and it works well for me. Been using one for 4 or 5 years now and even though I've got more expensive packs I can't find one I like better.