Cabelas Elite Scout

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I had high hopes for this pack. It didn’t disappoint. This pack holds all my junk, carries well, and probably made of the quietest material of all the packs. It doesn’t have as many pockets at the G2 but has a sufficient number. This pack also comes with a wire internal frame that helps the pack hold its shape as it is fairly supple. The frame also lifts the pack off your back so should provide some airflow around the pack. It came with a new fancy smancy water bladder that is supposedly not going to make the water taste like a fart after an all night drunk. I hate water bladders and usually immediately peel them out and throw them away. I may try this one. It seems fairly high tech. We’ll see. This pack comes with a goofy little belt pocket that likely could hold a couple shells or something similar. A good feature is that its removable. I’m betting a large sum it will disappear shortly. The other belt pocket is much more useful and will stay. Both are out of the way and aren’t designed into the belt so won’t press on your hips if something is in them. A small fl orange patch is found inside the biggest exterior compartment that folds over the pack providing some fl orange for safety. I’m new to that feature and don’t know what to think other than my packs always cover my fl orange on my back. I’ll likely give it a whirl. The only thing I’d change about this pack is the way the ‘lower unit’ snaps to the upper part of the pack. You basically have to unsnap the lower unit to access the upper zippered compartment. I’d arrange the snap or zipper so that unsnapping wouldn’t be necessary.

I'll do the rest next week. They will be the Badlands Stealth, Stalker, Ultra Day, Crooked Horn Master Guide.

If anybody want more pics, answer any questions, or anything else, let me know and I'll do my best to get the answers.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.