Horn Hunter Main Beam
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This pack is not the XL version, it is the ‘regular’ version. I’ve heard of Horn Hunter packs before but never had one in my hand. This pack is pretty impressive. It is well thought out and is fairly technical from the standpoint of all the ‘things’ incorporated into the pack. It holds all my junk with a lot of room to spare, carries well and has a fairly low profile. It has an internal frame to help the pack hold its shape and support weight when packing meat out. It has a lot of pocket/compartments, some of which are a bit extraneous like the tiny ones on the waste belt. They’d be good for carrying 4-5 business cards should the need arise. Some of the cooler features about this pack – it has a hidden fl orange meat shelf tucked under the pack in an elastic pocket. I wondered what the 2 small buckles on the side of the pack were for and figured out the meat shelf has 4 buckles that snap into 4 matching buckles on the side of the pack. The meat shlf works in conjunction with the 2 ‘wings’ on the sides. You simply put whatever you want to carry on the meat shelf, snap 6 buckles in place, cinch it down, and head out. A really good idea. The pack also has a bunch of gear loops to lash things on. Its not listed as waterproof and I’ll follow up with them next week. If I was to change 2 things, I’d ditch the 2 side/belt pockets and make the shoulder straps a bit thinner – they are the thickest shoulder straps I’ve ever seen on a pack. Overall I really, really like this pack. It is also bow/gun compatible and has 2 buckles to strap down your weapon. This pack is listed as 2800 cu in and I doubt its much more than 2200 or so. I’m OK with that because I don’t carry a lot of extraneous junk and like a smaller pack. I have a Crooked Horn Master Guide coming and am looking forward to comparing the two.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.