Here is part 1 of my pack review.

The ‘stuff’ inside each pack:
[Linked Image]

Note: I forgot to put my GPS in the stuff pic.

Broken down into various groups:

Food

[Linked Image]

You may wonder what the 2 sandwich bags with pillow cases are – faux sandwichs. I’ve been doing this for a week and didn’t think turkey and ham would hold up that long. You may also ponder that sandwiches aren’t that flat. In my packs they end up that way <G>

Navigation
Garmin Oregon 600t, Suunto MC 2G, Suunto MCA, Maps

[Linked Image]

Safety
[Linked Image]

Black Diamond Icon, Gerber leatherman, 25 ft cord, Gerber Gator, A lot in that little bag: 12 Bandaids, Chap stick, Extra boot lace, moleskin, 3 safety pins, Advil/Ibuprofen, Kotex pad, Immodium AD, Rolaids, Electrolyte tabs, Sunscreen, matches -water/wind proof, 2 Butane lighters, Firestarters, Survival blanket, Water purifier tablets, Whistle

Other
Game bags (pillow cases with cord in middle), camera, 10 shells

[Linked Image]

Misc
Toilet paper, Small New Testament, puffer bottle, extra batteries, 2 way radio, sunscreen, watch w/ compass, license. I'll likely drop the watch.

[Linked Image]

First about my dimensions. I’m 5 ft 8” tall and weigh 165 lbs in my skivvies. I have a 32-33 inch inseam and a 16” torso measured from C7 to Illac Crest. I have relatively long legs and short torso. My chest is 42” across nipples on skin, waist is 33.5”, hips 38”. I have an athletic build and a squatters butt from 20+ years of squats. I’m close to the ‘average guy’ – a little shorter but pretty close.

I’ll offer my comments on these packs and show a few pictures. I’m going to be brutally honest and quite frankly picking nits. All of the packs are very good, I’m looking for the perfect pack.

Here is what I’m looking for:
1. It has to fit and carry 10-15 lbs comfortably
2. It has to be quiet
3. It has to carry all my ‘necessary’ junk shown in the pictures
4. It has to be tough/durable. I’m a bit hard on things so a good warranty/service counts.
5. Waterproof is not a necessity but close to it.

Part 2 will be about the packs.

BTW: I'm curious what all of you carry in your day packs when you're doing alot of hiking, stalking, still hunting. Tree stand isn't quite as critical nor is hunting relatively close to the road. I carry alot less junk when I'm hunting less than a mile from the road. I don't carry all the survival stuff or game bags when I'm TS hunting either.

Last edited by bwinters; 08/08/15.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.