CZ:

Thanks for confirming the caliber. You have a fabulous rifle. I'm sure that you realize that it has ascended in value now.

Kelly:

I won't try to argue the Prussia/Germany history. My ancestral Bentheimer's are very hard headed and well established here in the USA predominantly in Michigan where my father was born. They organize trips back to the old country every few years. I communicate with the Pastor of my ancestors church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_of_Bentheim

To answer your question:

I owned Swedish Mauser 6.5 mm and numerous other Mauser's. Gave two to my grandson a couple of months ago along with my Mauser Military book. So I was disadvantaged.

From memory I was very much into Swedish King Gustaf 6.5 mm's extensively. Sweden manufactured some Mausers there in Sweden and some came from Germany *( Prussia ).

The 6.5m was an odd ball seemingly unique to Sweden. *( Actually that is somewhat open to further scrutiny because I have further info about other caliber also in the mix over time.

I floated some trial balloon and they were promptly shot down.

At the risk of repeating myself I marvel at the expertise of the gunsmiths who conspicuously have extraordinary talent.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/29/15.