Well guys,

I'm becoming far more disheartened about the way this trend is going. The cost of getting trophies to the USA is very quickly escalating out of control.

Even with me being in this business and have countless connections to make this happen with the least cost. I cannot imagine how these prices and blowing up!

I just saw a shipment for 540 bucks, 2 animals both Euro mounts, and two tanned flat skins. This was just for shipping not the whole Pack and dip process or the Euro Mount or Tanning work. This was Shipping to Portland Oregon and also does not include getting this from Portland to the Hunters Home 500 miles away.

The total cost for these two trophies on the wall in his home will be over 1500.00 bucks. I'm just not sure how most folks can justify the costs. On entry on the invoice for the 540 bucks, was 187.00 for Insurance. Nearly half the cost of the shipment was insurance. My home is insured for a year for 400 bucks, these two euro mounts were half that?

I need to dig into this and see what the insurance covers. If it pays your way to go back to Africa and re-harvest the game it's fair. If they cover a couple hundred bucks for the trophies then why bother with the insurance?

I'm deeply embedded into this business and I cannot get the system to work any better then anyone else. It's just really becoming a frustration that the costs are going through the roof. it's doubled in about 3-5 years, in some cases it's more then tripled depending on the content and the people chosen to handle the trophies and the shipping.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)