Originally Posted by MILES58
I fully expect to be carrying nothing. I will go to deer camp, but I am pretty sure I will have my deer in the freezer come mid-September. I need do some more population reduction in my neighborhood and I plan on doing that with an Excaliber 330. Been counting deer on trail cams and as of now there are two who've set up living quarters about 100 yards from my garden and two more not more than 150 yards in the opposite direction. There's four more that I don't know where they live and am not entirely sure they are still alive. All those but for one are antlerless. So, there should be 4-6 bucks anyway nearby too since I didn't kill any of them last year, and only does and fawns were killed on the roads as far as I know.

It'd be nice to take about 8-10 out of the section and get the population back down to what it can carry which I figure to be 4-6. If I can reduce them to that there's a chance that taking out 1-2/year I can keep up with infiltration and reproduction. There's an area a mile away that I often enough see two dozen or more in though, and I may be just wishful thinking that I can whittle them down.

Well I can come help you with that dave!! grin

Camp is where you make it.