Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by tzone

Well I can come help you with that dave!! grin

Drive Highway 8 between 35 and 61 and keep an eye out to the south. It is not at all uncommon to see a couple dozen between there and town. Shoot a full size one with a bow in there (which is probably legal) and it'd make a man of you dragging it out to a road though, and you'd get very wet in the process.

This area really out to be part of 601.

I'm familiar with the area there. My daughter takes gymnastics right there. In the swamp grass off 8 at 61, it's more common to see em there than not.

First thread I read and I find a familiar sight! I wasn't aware that area was open to hunting, I thought it was inside city limits. I remember the hubbub trying to close Lamprey Pass, I can't remember if the east section was closed or not.

I tend to see more deer on the north side of the highway- I am usually looking for the trooper running radar in the median. I'll see deer while approaching the exit if there isn't some nitwit entering the freeway at 40 mph or when past the turn and on the straight away if I don't see a local cop down by the bridge.

Keep your eyes open, there is at least a sow with two cubs roaming the area, I saw them cross over the freeway just north of 8 last spring. The year before a younger bear crossed 8 in front of me up by Comfort Lake.