Originally Posted by JMR40
At $199 the Burris FF-II is my hands down choice in this range. If you can actually get a VX-1 for that price then it is about a tie. Most of the VX-1's I'm seeing are $220ish.

And if you catch a auction on Ebay you can often pick up the VX1 for $150.00 or less New,Shipped

If that VX-1 is made 2012 or newer it is a bargain. If it is pre-2012 not so much. There were huge upgrades then. The easiest way to tell is the adjustment knobs. On older scopes they were friciton adjustable. In 2012 the glass was not only upgraded but they went to click adjustments. Be wary buying used or old stock.

And at $133.99 (for the FFII 3-9x40), it is almost a "no brainer".... My most tested and tried on every rifle is an older American made FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. I just so happened to install it on yet another rifle yesterday. Getting ready to go and test said rifle and loads here in a bit if the wind dies down...:

[Linked Image]

This scope has tested out 9 different rifles now...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA