Originally Posted by MagMarc
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MagMarc
I've used a Weaver V10 for nearly 20 years on a 300 Win. The view is different but you get used to it. I bought one of $119 close outs just to have. Use it before you decide. My wife loves hers on her 243, and my brother has put a few miles on one on a 270.
I've had one on a 243 for 16 years and like it fine. As you say, the view is a little different but it's clear, bright, holds zero year to year and the actual field of view is just as wide as the other scopes I own in it's power range. In other words, the so called "tunnel effect" amounts to doodly squat.

That's a good summary. Mine has never lost zero, even riding a 300 shooting full power loads.

I find the tunnel vision issue with the V10 to be distracting, so it is a non-starter for me. If you don't mind that aspect of the V10, then it might be a good choice for you. I don't directly own any shares of any business related to the firearms industry, so I don't have any hidden agenda regarding my dislike for the Weaver V10. IOW I'm not trying to sell you anything, for any reason.

I have several recent production V16s and think that they are an excellent scope for a rifle with minimal recoil. I have them installed on 17HM2s, 17HMRs, 204s, 223s, and 22-250s. I also have a few RV7s around, but only one installed, on a CZ 452FS in 22LR. Also have several K2.5 and K3 ElPaso Weavers installed on 30-30 and 35 Remington woods rifles.

All of which reminds me that I need to start selling the superfluous "stuff", as neither of my kids are interested in shooting or hunting and it would be a PITA for them if I was to die and leave them with all that "stuff" to dispose of.