In that price range I'm liking the Redfield Revolution. Decent glass, easy to get behind. When sighting in, the adjustments aren't as crisp as some others, but the impact moves when you turn the dial and then stays put after it is set.

I briefly owned a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 and didn't care for it much. The ones I had looked through in a store setting were nice, but the copy I had showed distortions when looking through it in the field that were distracting to me. So down the road it went.

I have tried the Burris and some Nikons in that price range and have just settled on the Leupold products for my hunting rifles. The 3-9x40 Leupold/Redfields are easy to use, light weight compared to other companies offerings and if you swap, trade and sell scopes like I do sometimes, they are known quantity backed by Leupold's warranty. (which I haven't had to use on a scope yet). And if you have a question or problem on any of their products, you can call and get someone on the phone. Try that with some of the other companies.

Having said that, I do have some friends who are pleased with some of the lower priced Vortex scopes, Crossfire II's and Diamondback's in particular and they come with a Leupold like warranty as well.

Bob.