Perhaps I'm lucky. I have at least a dozen Leupolds ranging from about fifteen to thirty years old, mostly variables 2.5-8, 3-9, and 3.5-10. I'm about to send my first one back to the factory. It is a M8 3X and I want a reticle change.

I also have other Brands that are satisfactory. Elite 4200 is great so far. USA made Burris FFII, good glass, but short eye relief. The eye box does not bother me. A Newer Redfield Revolution is surprisingly nice for the money. A thirty year old Zeiss is likely the hardest used one of the bunch and it is still ticking.

The Redfield makes me think the VX-1 may be a good enough scope. (I'm about to get over being a perfectionist.)

Edit: I might add that I got over the magnum stage of my life several years ago. The closest thing to a thumper that I now own is a 9.3x62. The magnums are all gone.

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 09/04/15.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero