Just dropped the barreled action and stock off to my gunnie to be inletted, mounted, and possibly lightly glassed this afternoon. After a few whirlwind, but very enlightening conversations with my gunnie and another gunnie out in AK who knows one of my long time buds very well, the answers to my many questions boiled down to just a few answers.

While both gunnies are fully capable of completely glass bedding the action, doing the pillaring, and floating the barrel, both advised me against it. It may turn a 3/8" gun into a 1/4" gun at 50 yds, but why bother?

Their consensus opinions were to simply inlet the stock, maybe maybe a little glass under the chamber, and make sure the barrel floats in its channel. Cost? Quote from my local gunnie - $60-75. Both fellas figured this to make it a .5" gun all day every day, possibly better, and I can definitely live with that.

Been spending most of my research time over the last couple days looking at cans for this rifle and some pistols. My findings thus far are leading me to believe that monolithic cores are the better way to go. YMMV.

Best to All.
LD

Last edited by local_dirt; 09/10/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH