Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by local_dirt
woodson, good question. I'm kinda torn on that one. I've got a brandy new silver VX3 3.5-10x40 I bought for another project that's really too big for that gun that I'm seriously considering, but I also have a Bushnell Elite 6-24x40 AO that is also NIB I bought a couple years ago from nice older guy in VA that was scaling down who had a ton of nice chit, and I do mean a ton. Had 3 safes packed to the gills in his basement. Couldn't afford to spend the kind of coin a lot of his stuff would bring, but all of it was the schizzle, and several more at another house. The kind of stuff we gun loonies here drool over. A friend and I bought about 8-10 scopes from him, all pristine.

Here are the 2 scopes. I'm sure either one will dot a squirrel's eye with the setup I've got coming.

Nice plan on the 10-22. I hope you have better luck with the elite 6-24 than I did with an elite 10x tactical I had on my 10-22. I simply couldn't get it to focus at 25 yds and marginally at 50 yds. and also had an issue with paralax. With a center fire I could live with a scope that is a little fuzzy at closer range, but not so on a 22 rf. I put a leupold 3.5-10 on it and that cured the focus issue.

For whatever reason Bushnell doesn't bother to tell anyone that is a centerfire scope paralaxed at 150 yards...there is no way to use it under 75...had one and sold it. Why anyone would put out a 10X scope with no PA is beyond me...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....