I think he's saying about the same thing I said. Glass the barrel in the forward channel. Let the action screw put downward pressure on the lug. The retaining lug is on the bottom. By pulling downward, it stiffens the barrel/action joint. A tight receiver/barrel fit helps. Aftermarket barrels often have the action shank slightly oversize to be cut down until a tight barrel/receiver fit is obtained. I actually glass the bottom of the lug with downward pressure on the barrel/recieiver. The lug under some pressure, sitting in glass seems to me to stiffen the jumction even more and may dampen vibration.

Some custom jobs actually thread and screw the barrel into the receiver, eliminating the Ruger lug set up. Some aftermarket receivers are steel, not aluminum.

With the factory Ruger barrel retaining lug set up, doing it as described works well. I wouldn't float a barrel that wasn't threaded and screwed into a receiver. And, even then, I'm not sure it would be any better than what I've described.

Others may want to chime in. One hole groups sorta make a statement.

DF