Originally Posted by reelman
I picked up a Tavor a couple months ago. SO far it's so-so. Trigger is horendous to put it lightly. My trigger scale goes to 10lbs and it takes considerable force beyond that! Accuracy is decent and I'm only shooting it with XM193 ammo and an EoTech with a 3x magnifier on it and aging eyes. It's heavy and doesn't balance that well IMO but you can hold it at the ready for a long time due to the weight distribution.

If the SHTF I'm grabbing my 1.5" AR though as it's lighter, more accurate, has a better trigger and is easier to work on.

I will probably sell it next year as I live by the motto "the one who gets to play with the most toys wins"
By 1.5" AR do you mean it groups that size at a hundred yards?

As for the trigger, like I said, I don't recommend even buying the Tavor unless you know from the start that it needs a Geissele trigger to replace the one it comes with. It's not the same rifle once that's replaced.

PS Apparently the IDF thinks it's enough better than the AR to give up the free ones they can get from the U.S. and manufacture enough Tavors to do a total switch over. I may not approve of the behavior of the State of Israel, but few will question the seriousness of their defense forces, and its ability to evaluate weapons systems in the field.

PPS I believe all Tavors are manufactured in the U.S. by Americans in Israeli owned facilities. The military versions are then sent to Israel, and the dozen or so other nations currently switching to them, while the semi-auto versions get sold domestically.