Originally Posted by ihookem
I could lower my dollars cost ave. very easy today, but I am scared to invest right now. My biotech fund most likely won't recover for several years. I can lower my ave cost but every time I invest it goes down even more. Soon I will be out of money to invest. I'm glad I only put half of what I had in or I would be crying . I put in the eek before last in BP oil. It was not @ $32.18 since 1996 except in 2010 for a few days. Sure enough, it went down 10% in 10 days. When it stops going down, I dont know, but if I invest more, it will go down more. The dividends are good@ 7.5%, the price seems very low, oil can't stay this low for too long. I still thick it will be a good investment for the long run. I also put money into AGNC. It did well tip today. Is anyone pulling out of their investments? I think it's too late to pull out now.

I pulled out about fully in May knowing that I would be spending my first summer retired and at my place in the mountains of north Idaho. As you know, I am a fairly high risk investor and just did not want to pay attention for the summer so I didn't and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I will await my 3Q review and decide whether to jump back in or not. I do own a fair chunk of Royal Dutch Shell due to my former employ and it has taken a major hit but I do not need it and know that it will return so it will all ride.

Conduct is the best proof of character.